Android 7.1.2 master race

Android 7.1.2 master race
Post a more updated Android version

Other urls found in this thread:

microg.org/
linfo.org/kernel_version_numbering.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>On screen buttons
If your phone doesn't have a greater than 75% screen to body ratio, you have no excuse to have those on.

Still way cooler than the default hardware keys. Plus I got the pixel animation on home button

I'm staying on 7 because if I update my phone will break since I'm running rooted stock rom

Yeah I'm running rooted stock rom too

I still haven't gotten Android 7 yet. :(

8.0 DP 4 exists for supported Google phones and 90% of custom rom users are on 7.1.2 for months
Tomorrow 8.0 will be released, it will be stable enough at the end of the year for us (custom rom users)

I hope pajeets will hurry up and deliver me that sweet Android o soon.

I'm using CyanogenMod 13 on my moto g3. You guys shouldn't rush to these newer versions or android as they might have deadly bugs or errors

where is that one guy running O DP4 on their nexus/pixel phone

Who
>No need to upgrade
here?

>running a custom rom without OMS

>that kernel version
lmao

Forgot the pic of mine.

Feels gut man.

Android kernels generally uses LTS kernels which are supported for long time. Currently oldest kernel that still gets bug fixes is 3.2
all of the kernels that posted here is still supported.

Implying i need themes for my phone to function.

Default lineage OS with nova launcher works fine.

Is s5 off the list of receiving security updates? What custom ROM is g recommend?

I'm rocking 6.0.1 until Xposed is released for 7

Either that or when the pixel2 comes out I'll most likely be forced to upgrade.

The kernel didn't get any updates anyway. 3.4.0 is a few years old kernel, 3.4.113 is the latest 3.4.X kernel.
You have to go xda page of your phone. Not every rom supports every phone. Currently most used is LineageOS, but there is lots of choices. They don't have much differences anyway. Always install roms that are "official" which means it will get regularly updated

K

>tfw 7.1.2 but 3.10.49 kernel
>tfw all updated kernels on xda are broken pajeet shit with hundreds of meme features added

>being a beta tester for goolag

I'm actually running LineageOS with Gapps. I want to try LineageOS without Gapps. Is it a meme for my privacy ? Can i really use my phone without Gapps or i will only be able to message and phone ? LineageOS is 100% or it's a meme ?

gapps are just google apps. if you don't want to use google apps, you don't need gapps

You need gapps if you want to use any major apps like instagram or whatsapp.
Fdriod is a meme with no major* app support.
It's like installing linux and crying because there is no photoshop.
It's not a meme for privacy though, although you won't have any app to use in the first place. lol

Also there will be people who say you don't need friends but they are wrong and lonely virgins.

>whatsapp
it works fine without it, you just have to switch an option for battery saving so it stops trying to use gms for pushing the messages or you'll get delayed notifications

instagram, whatsapp and -probably- facebook works fine. Please don't throw shit at things you haven't tried. Yalp Store, downloadable from Fdroid can download any app from play store. Most famous app that won't work without play store is Snapchat.
you really need to go back to Sup Forums

>Cooler than hardware buttons
Lol no

How do you update those apps? I didn't know fdroid were hosting those apps.

Can you hold your phone upside down with hardware buttons ?

> He needs to turn hold his phone in the right orientation to use it

Y-yeah, hardware buttons are g-good.

yalp store

I don't understand your entry fully but,
Fdroid doesn't host Play Store apps. Yalp Store downloads from Google's servers. It can also check your updates with one button to see if there is a new version of apps that available on Play Store. F-Droid hosts open source apps which some of them are not on Play Store (newpipe, adaway, yalp store itself)

So there's that one special snowflake running O DP4

so instead of using only one app store I need to install two of them just to get my apps to update. Cool story bros! But I'll pass.

Minimal Play Store zip is 90~ MB
Fdroid apk is 6.8 MB when Yalp Store is under 1 MB
and they don't run all the time killing your battery
You really really need to leave this board, according to your logic UNIX was more bloated than Windows.

Plus, don't forget that minimal Play store installation requires a few Google apps
>Google Package Installer
>Google Play Services
>Google Text to Speech
just to update your apps.
and let me correct myself, it's not 90MB it's actually 115 MB

>having to manually check for updates
lol who cares about space? lmao 115MB is literally nothing. My phone has 256GB of internal storage. It's a non issue. Also muh battery, lol i get 5+ hrs of SOT on continues use and more than 2 days for light calls and checking phone for updates and messages now and then.

>manually
>performance doesn't matter
>battery life doesn't matter
>3 google apps on my launcher doesn't matter
then what do you care about? Tell me so i can argue why yalp+fdroid is better.

Dumb question, but who/what decides when you get the latest Android updates? Is it your phone manufacturer or your service provider? I ask because I just got an S8+ and it's only at 7.0. I've checked for updates and it says the latest version is already installed.

I care about convenience.

Manufacturer relases the update.
If it's not a carrier phone update is installable
If it is a carrier phone the carrier decides what they modify on system, then releases the update. They might add advertisement apps to get money or not release the update at all so people can buy new phones. Custom roms are not possible on these phones either.
It's literally same, just works faster and doesn't lag your phone. Battery life is related to CPU usage too, don't you want a faster phone?

I guess not you filthy Sup Forumsidya gaymer

You don't get how kernel versioning works

thanks for the info.

Snapchat can be used if you install MicroG ( microg.org/ ) and use Tingle to signature spoof MicroG into tricking some apps into thinking that MicroG is Google Play Services. don't even bother with games that already don't work though

Funny, my phone has faster processor than my laptop. lol
And I get what you're saying alright, but I don't want to install fdroid. I hate fdroid for some reason. May be because it never really worked for me on my older phones and there were not enough apps, before this new Yelp thing. I really hate fdroid. It's like some people really hate arch even though there is nothing wrong with it. It's the same thing.

>The third number indicates the minor revision of the kernel. It is only changed when new features or new drivers are added
>linfo.org/kernel_version_numbering.html
care to explain? According to kernel.org 3.4.113 is the latest 3.4.X, no?
Funny, S8+ has faster processor than my laptop yet it lags even when changing pages. lol.
I didn't liked how there is no screenshots of apps, but I slowly learned to search function instead of name of the app; now I have 40 apps from fdroid (some of them are just small extensions to existing apps)
anyway just try not to attack fdroid users like "hurr installing two apps when my five google apps does the same thing hurr" "hurr do you care about speed what a pleb" "get a load of this guy he cares about battery life"

OMS is malware

So that's why it's going to be in Android O

What is OMS?

Overlay Manager Service

Basically theming

>mfw I have a 75.03% screen to body ratio