OpenGL programming is retarded. Is Vulkan any better?

OpenGL programming is retarded. Is Vulkan any better?

Other urls found in this thread:

software.intel.com/en-us/articles/api-without-secrets-introduction-to-vulkan-part-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, you still have to take a lot of steps to send vertices and fragments to the GPU and tell it how to draw. Every rendering pipeline is mad work

I'm following a tutorial on how to draw a triangle and after a day and 500 lines later I still haven't finished writing the startup code to be able to make draw commands.

vulkan is more low level so of course you have to break down everything to retarded levels of hellish shitpuke

Vulkan > openGL > dx9 > anything else

It's a low-level API.
Dev-to-triangle time is supposed to be long.

Vulkan games crashes when you try to record them with software like OBS etc

apparently, Vulkan doesn't have a record API in it.

garbage desu

500 lines for a triangle.

if you know low level access then yes

Thats totally inaccurate. I did a triangle in 400

You're a nigger, user.

500 lines isn't honestly much

I'll wait until market is full of hardware that can support it before I'll even bother looking at it.

Mind you, I haven't even started drawing the triangle.

While we're at it, any good tutorials on Vulkan?

software.intel.com/en-us/articles/api-without-secrets-introduction-to-vulkan-part-1

by like part 3 you should get your triangle

So you care more about recording video than over 100fps with ease on new doom

if you can record video, no vidya will use it because youtube and shit is the biggest marketing platform

If you want to draw triangles in one line, use libraries, frameworks, etc. Any low-level API requires a lot of tedious work.

Yes, it takes 500 lines to draw a triangle, and most of the code is pipeline/device/anus preparation boilerplate, the actual triangle drawing code is not even in your Vulkan code but in the shaders anyway, and the shaders aren't 500 lines to draw a triangle.

>new doom
>playing benchmarks with tacked on game
This game is an insult of low quality.

Vertex and fragment shaders aren't the drawing code, they define some properties, e.g. colour. The actual drawing code is defining context and vertex buffers for geometry.