> people still ripping music in mp3

Use at least vorbis you imbeciles

It's placebo you literally can't hear the difference

?? It compress better that is the point. You use less space

>Still ripping anything in 2017
Just buy the damn CD if you really support the artist

Unused space is wasted space

>I can rip this track to a 4MB file with mp3
>or I can use vorbis and still have a 4MB file but with provably better quality even if I can't hear it
>let's use the inferior one because lol I'm so random

>provably better quality
>can't hear it

P L A C E B O unless you have good ears and/or good equipment.

>Just buy the damn CD
And play it with what?

a cd drive

Who has one of those?

>YEAR 2017
>people still using torrents to download music

>$10 Album
>$9 to jews
>$1 to artist (if you're lucky)

Either directly donate or buy merchandise

talking about music, are there any streaming services that do above 320kb? ive got the bandwidth and speeds to easily stream 1411kb stuff

>Unused money isnt worth anything

people who don't suck cocks and buy applel tier shit

>2018-.25
>Buying anything but physical computer hardware

Why not? It's fast and easy just like you're mother on a hot tin roof.

Unused money is wasted money. You could literally die at any second.

Tidal streams in FLAC

Yeah.
No.

Does that trigger you? You're autistic.

. it is unused because it is wasted on mp3
One album for 350mb or 2 album for the same space.

They misgender my music. I am triggered. I identify as Trans-music and only accept efficient compressions as pronoun like vorbis

Vorbis is trash and FLAC will always be superior

You sound underage. I can bet my entire networth the only money you ever earned is through mommy allowance.

mp3 320kbps is enough, period.

Lol nigger. Is this some sort of bait?

>he uses an inferior codec for the sake of it when codecs that are better in every aspect can be used just as well
people like you existing is why humanity will always be a disappointment

>2017
>downloading anything

Just stream it, grandpa.

I wonder if Spotify stores their shit in flac so it doesn't degrade then plays it back in lower quality

Why not both?

>download lossless
>convert to 128kbps opus
>delete lossless
Lossless archiving is for nerds

Spotify uses vorbis

What about play music

> whole thread is about using better lossy codec
>lossless will always be superior than lossy.

You totally miss the point user

That is mp3 afaik

With a media player on your computer?

>it's fast and easy

This objectively wrong.

Paid streaming services are easier and faster to use in every respect. There is not a single good reason why torrents > streaming at this point.

Some music has terrible quality on Spotify.
Second reason is when you don't have internet on the travel.

>Some music has terrible quality on Spotify.

How so?

>Second reason is when you don't have internet on the travel.

Spotify has offline downloads.

Stop being such a melodramatic faggot.

>Paid streaming services
I could also hire the band to play live for me. There is not a single good reason why streaming > hiring a live orchestra to follow you around at this point.

Thing is a moot point
lossy a shit, argue about something that matters like FLAC vs ALAC vs WAV

I'm a "torrent" kind of dude and have never used Netflix or Apple Music or shit like that in my life, ever.

But I drank some of you dudes' Kool Aid and decided to try your streamed services.

Just made a Spotify account using @hotmail.com, tried to download some Manowar album and it said I discovered a premium feature and gave me a free 7-day trial.

Does this mean I can keep making new accounts every week or will they recognise my iOS device? I sure as fuck miss Android in terms of allowing me to download music from 4g while on a train before a flight.

Yup, I rip from youtube to FLAC, then I press to vinyl. Incredible quality.

a ps1

Here is how it's done.

The only valid format for torrenting music is FLAC, because disk space and bandwidth are cheap, and you can convert it to whatever lossy format you want. You can put vorbis on your phone, and mp3 on your mp3 player or some other outdated hardware that doesn't support vorbis. You can't do that with lossy rips, because the quality from multiple encodings will be shit.

You're so retarded that I'm not even sure you can be considered human. If vorbis provides better quality at the same bit rate, then you can get away with using lower bit rate and save disk space, instead of using the same 320 kbps or whatever bit rate like a fucking animal.

There is one good reason, and that is that you can't take your synced music from spotify and put it on an mp3 player or some other, similar device. The reason I use an mp3 player at all is that I don't want to run with a huge phone in my pocket btw.

>the alternative is using a music streaming service that has no music whatsoever
yeah amazing bro

>not 320kbps
>not wavpack
>not flac
>not alac
>not using soulseek

>store FLACs into archive until next time you need to transcode
Was the creator of the image under the impression that people don't listen to music on their computers?

What about the rotational velocidensity? Keep it in rar

this, everyone has at least 500gb hard drive or 64gb microsd nowadays. FLAC shouldn't be a problem at all. lossy music is irrelevant in this day and age.

he most be a millineal who never used anything other than a (((smart phone)))

My music collection in mp3 alone is 1.1tb I dread to think what flac would do to it. And I can't be fucked to find all of it either.

V0 is fine for me

>My music collection in mp3 alone is 1.1tb
do you listen to music 24/7? i think even if that is the case you will never be able to listen to all of that music in your lifetime, do you have autism user?

>give the jews your money since most artists don't own their masters

Buy merch at concerts instead

With WHAT.CD dead wich is the best music tracker?

BUMP.

Can i keep making new Spotify accounts?

i don't know

>live in rural US
>cheap bandwidth

Pick one

Apooinloo

Underage..?

>, do you have autism user?
Take a wild guess

That's like 1-1.5 years of music, and while you can practically listen to that much music, I doubt that every single track would be hand-picked. Do you download an entire album when you like a single track, or what?

Torrents are still the one thing I use over streaming TV or film, mainly because the catalogues are so sparse that it's just not worth over the convenience of private trackers + plex.

The thing with Spotify is that they have such a large share of the market since the music industry has slimmed down significantly in recent years thanks to piracy. Labels basically have little to no leverage to license specific content to different platforms in exchange for higher royalty rates in contrast to the cases of TV and Film industries moving to different platforms where they can afford to actually do that (like HBO for instance). Labels are basically hostage to Spotify's rates since they have the largest market share for label revenue, which benefits the consumer immensely.

And yeah offline downloading is a "premium" feature. But honestly the ads on Spotify's free version are so horrendous that I honestly don't know why anyone would decide or want to use it without tearing their hair out.

And I suppose you could just keep making free-trial accounts every week, but it would a pain since you'd have to reset all your saved albums and playlists every week.

I would download the entire discography of that artist and listen to the album the song came from. Then check out the of the other ones and go to Sup Forums to discuss that artist and last.fm to see if they have similar artists. If it's a very small artist and they have a band camp email I may contact them to say I appreciated the work if I really liked it and ask if they are touring or where I can see them live.

Of course this all depends on me not getting distracted by something else.

I'm not alone in this plenty of people download discographies off of just one song.

fair enough.

mp3 players are comfy.

>And I suppose you could just keep making free-trial accounts every week, but it would a pain since you'd have to reset all your saved albums and playlists every week.

Thank you, and I couldn't give 2 fucks about playlists. I already have the pirated discographies I want offline, the typical scenario would be if there's 1 particular new song I really want to listen and I'm already half out the door to go to the gym, I can't get one fucking song offline on an Apple device.

I could easily just download it off Youtube or as a file on my Note 4, but Apple just have to be so delicate and annoying. This should solve that.