Funday Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Prev. Thr.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Nightcaps-Y-SO-SERIOUZ-Eggface-v2-Keycap-MX-/152665088954
ebay.com/itm/Love-live-keycaps-Miku-key-cap-Backlight-keys-Anime-Cartoon-outaku-MX-Switch-key/322539562667
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice famas

fug I forgot to add the stock photo

Fixed my track point right click. Literally just opened the keyboard and put it back together.

We are living the start of a golden age of mechanical keyboards. Chineses finally ripped off dsa keycaps, so we can buy them for more accessible prices. We did it reddit!

The golden age was 30+ years ago.
This is more of a renaissance

tfw I want to use my Tex Yoda, but the 1 and 2 keys don't work, despite new switches. Not to mention the trackpoint breaks super easy :(

I need that Model M in my life.

fuck a numpad

Any links for these cheap dsa keycaps?

>I need that Model M in my life.
Good luck, they're pretty rare and go for retarded prices.
But, you never know. You might find one at a goodwill or something.

There's one on ebay atm for £150, but I need to save my money atm. One day.

KBDfans

That's still pretty nuts for an m13 imo.

I don't get it, where are the guns?

Oh shit, sorry.

I don't have any, my dick is simply too big

Can anyone give me a reason not to buy pic related?

The shitty case and keycaps.
Switches are top tier though.

The case is well built, but its glossy so its shit to begin with

Don't care too much about the case. I keep seeing bad things about the keycaps though so Im reluctant to buy it

>artisan
ebay.com/itm/Nightcaps-Y-SO-SERIOUZ-Eggface-v2-Keycap-MX-/152665088954

You can get PBT keycaps for it starting next year

If switches are okay, check the connection with a tester. Maybe you'll need to solder a wire to the next node.

>alpenflage
More to you than meets the eye.

He's swiss so he has to serve in the armed forces

Anybody got a good resource for how to put together firmware for the klooboard?
I'm bad at it

Just use QMK

hello /mkg/ i've felt very inept for weeks now trying to look for mechanical keyboards
>Budget
up to $80, but i would really prefer $50-60
>Location
united states, new york
>Preferred switch type
red, i don't mind knockoffs, anything with easy double-tapping is good too
>Layout
don't mind any, but i like the backwards L-shaped ones?
>Form factor
must have numpad, others are unimportant
>Backlight
no but i don't mind

this is mostly for gaming, i don't mind a horrendous typing experience
i treat the numpad and spacebar as importantly as any other key, so big spacebars would be really cool

shit, i mean the enter keys for the layout

Steelseries G6v2 , its black but there shud be a red switch version too afaik , its a superb no nonsense keyboard that is build like an absolute tank

Big assss enter ANSI was the old standard. The only modern keyboard that still uses that old layout is steelseries 6g and 7g

it looks great, thank you

does that work with the lighting?

>nice keyboard
>nice mouse
>tiny shitty pad with hard plastic edges

Post militia Sig

they don't give free guns to people whom they don't want in the military in the first place

>starting next year
why do people think this is ok? keycaps aren't fucking hard to make i dont understand the underwhelming supply with such a huge demand

demand is not huge

yeah demand isn't huge when thousands of people sign up for the same stupid ass group buy for some corny keycaps. if there was a company that just made plain pbt keycaps for different switches i'd be happy. i dont need corny looking color schemes and a skull my escape key.

What 60% PCB should I get if I don't care about le RGBT lights?

It took Ducky over a year to "perfect" their PBT keycaps, and even then they still warping and bleeding issues.

The cheapest programmable one you can find, probably one of those chink gh60 ones

Are zealios a meme?

The fucking chinks, they were hiding the gold all along. All this time, it was right there. In front of our eyes. I must have it.
ebay.com/itm/Love-live-keycaps-Miku-key-cap-Backlight-keys-Anime-Cartoon-outaku-MX-Switch-key/322539562667

It's a tiny piece of plastic, you're telling me these companies can't make a piece of plastic?

Yes.

For a while Vortex gave up on true doubleshot PBT and used POM instead. Its almost like there is some sort of unique property of PBT that makes it difficult to mold. If only there was some sort of search engine that would make things easier

Where can I get that Zowie EC2-A?

If I was in the business of making keycaps, I would solve the problem within a month or so. Then make a killing off you faggots. Maybe I'd run some sales exclusively on Sup Forums

You could make a shitty artisan keycap and say it's rare then sell it for $100 and some idiot will actually buy it.

Good luck. PBT is a very brittle plastic that breaks easily. The only way to prevent this is to make it as thick as possible. There's a reason why /mkg/ prefers thicc PBT and its not for feels.

Im not going to, but I would be able to solve the problem without a doubt.

ducky mini or filco minilia

Do it then, you could make a lot of money if you do.

Tai hao figured it out 10 years ago, but they patented it so you can't copy them.

China steals our shit all the time so fuck them

It really wouldn't be hard

Then do it.

lmao... and i guess the golden age of engineering was banging rocks together then?

wtf

Anyone rocking one of these?

I love mine

Zowie direct or rexflo. Might be sold out

All the shit you see today: Buckling springs, Cherry MX, Topre, Hall effrct, Alps, as well as all these keycap sets like adler, olivetti, agol, space cadet, and their profiles like cherry, DSS, SA, Hi-pro, etc. Was all made back in the 80s. All whats left today is just clones. Even shit like these "new" analog switches is based of old 80s technology. For a long time these switches and profiles were lost, but recently they've made a come back. The golden age of computing is long gone, but that doesn't mean we can't still use them.

>mousepadlet

numpadlet

BAKA

so close to quads, so sorry

wow youre so photogenic

pey denbd

Thanks sweetie. I'm photomaographic.

Delet

>Yeah, I could do it if I felt like it, it's not hard.. haha I just don't feel like it, losers!
This is what you sound like.
How would you approach the problem?

Because then the chicom would just start mass producing the caps and kill the demand. You don't seem that smart, I would solve the problem in under 2 months.

You sound like an idiot. Can't believe I took the bait.
Here's your last (you)

Thanks for sharing perfection!

Yes. Made by Gateron, overpriced by whoever branded them.

Guys I'm addicted to typing on my mechanical keyboard.

I've started writing stuff down for fun just so I can type with it.
Currently using Cherry Reds, but I am thinking about buying a Cherry Blue board for even more fun typing.

Should I bite the bullet?

Would support a fellow user, but only if he wasn't mean.

>Types on SUV of a keyboard.
>Waggles mouse on a truck of a mousepad. Overcompensating for something?

maybe you should get your life together you fucking loser

Rude.

I play on 45cm/360 because I like being good at FPS games.
But it's true, I'm overcompensating for the fact that I'm a sissy. uwu

Used blues for years and loved it, moved to an office with a slightly more open concept and switched to browns after a couple comments. Still excellent

lol thanks. i had someone going like you in the last thread about fabric infused keycaps

i said i would do Sup Forums sales

try alps or topre

I have white version of this, keycaps are fine (probably better than cheap Chinese keycaps that people still buy). But, if you want to change them, choices are limited.

PCB build quality is not that great, once I opened the thing, first thing that I noticed is exceptionally shitty solder used :( Who knows how long will this last.

On the other hand, if you like clicky switches, they are some of the best.

here

I really like Cherry MX browns

Also got a MX518 (I've had this mouse 10 years)

>(I've had this mouse 10 years)
Jesus christ, it sure looks like it. How many times have you dropped it?

Pretty sure it's a "cool" paint logitech used. I'm surprised it hasn't rubbed off. Also wish the faggots didn't ax G9/G9x series.

I've probably dropped it less than 50 times

I've taken it apart and cleaned it a few times, put a little graphite to lubricate the scroll wheel.

I also put new feet pads on it and changed the cable, but the shitty chink cable broke after a week and I went back to the original cable

the little + and _ on the sensitivity buttons has worn right off and the logo's not far behind lol.

Tai hao isn't chinese

>Taiwan
>isn't Chinese
Literally "Republic of China"

taiwan number one fuck china

Taiwan isn't chinese

>tfw you have to take a hammer to your mouse and show it who's boss

if you dont remember that mouse its probably past your bedtime

>doesn't remember the pre-abused/dropped shitposting whenever the MX518 was recced

>thinking taiwan isn't chinese
good one

Why would they be? Its a different country with different rules and different systems

Can you guys rec me a mech keyboard?
Ive been using the same Dell SK-8110 for the past 5 years. Im ready to move up. My budget is economically priced. Building one is an option but I dont know where to start with that.

Drevo gramr

ty

The GH60 Satan PCBs work pretty well.
Pic related is mine, the LEDs are more green in real life, my camera is just shit.