BEST FREE ANTIVIRUS

is this the best free antivirus? i allready have the common sense internet security 2018, but when you may install some cracked photoshop you really need some better AV than windows defender to watch over that shit.

i used avast free until now, but i had to dump it bechause of that virtualisation thing it have that prevents you from running a virtual machine or android emulator.

bitdefender looks the most based, no annoying pop-ups about the premium stuff they sell, minimalist interface and as far as i heard it have the same detection engine like the premium ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/
av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/avc_factsheet2017_07.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>free antivirus

All free anti-virus vendors make money by selling the data on what programs you have installed on what cookies they found in the browser cache.

Large tech companies and retailers buy subscription to these data to quickly identify potential competitors rising up.

Read the fucking ToS.

>any AV in the current year

what is common sense lad

360 total security has bitdefender's engine in it, along with avira and its own, all free

So anti-viruses are botnets

Why not just block outgoing connections for them?

if you use windows you have to install an antivirus or malwarebytes
A simple wrong click in a ad could inject a spyware in your computer
Windows is broken by design.

Install Eset, Bitdefender or Emisoft
av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/
av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/avc_factsheet2017_07.pdf

How is it going to receive antivirus definition updates then?

I wouldn't be surprised if telemetry and definition update are both services from the same domain.

if you use windows it's better to allow antivirus companies to get your data than install a spyware
Let's say you don't block ads on Sup Forums and you click by accident it's possible one of these ads will inject a spyware in your browser and then it will move to your windows filesystem

AV for Windows have been irrelevant since Vista.

Sophos Home

is there a way to crack nod32 version 10?
box, mara fix isn't working anymore

>panda is the best one
there is no way this isn't paid shilling

I have a separate windows vm for all cracked and dodgy software.
I even have paid antivirus and it works well against random attacks, attempts at install but last time I attempted to install hacked software (whitelisted the exe and all) it completely fucked up my antivirus and other system settings. Had restore windows, good thing I actually had a recent backup

>free
ClamAv is free. That BD shit of yours is a proprietary botnet.

free and bad
just like linux

If you snapshot VMs you can restore to any state you like.

VMs are love.

>BEST FREE ANTIVIRUS
Kaspersky. Only ones that don't give FBI etc access to their customers.

kaspersky loves to slow down your computer

Why not pay for Antivirus?

ESET NOD32 license costs like $10 on eBay (discounted license for poor countries being resold -- ESET doesn't seem bothered by individual users in richer countries buying these licenses).

>anonymous usage reports

antivirus??? What year is this 2004 Norton Days?

>install kaspersky free
>prevents me from using firefox dev edition
wtf

the paid ones do that too