How the actual fuck did this thing right here become the most used browser?

How the actual fuck did this thing right here become the most used browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

diff.pics/lXlMPddflzie/1
arewefastyet.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's made by the company that makes the most used search engine, and they advertised it on that.

because its simply the best and non-autistic people dont care about muh botnet.

I've read that if you're a Firefox user and don't block ads, you'll see Chrome ads all over the place.

Integration with flash

People bought into the meme that Chrome was the fastest browser and IE was slow as shit. Now it's literally the opposite yet people still cling to Chrome.

because google constantly asks you to use chrome if you use a non-chrome browser on any of their services.

This.

Google advertises it on google.com and Firefox was going through a rough transition period where they had to wean everyone off legacy extensions in order to move to a more modern code base. This is literally the reason Google made Chrome in the first place, because rewriting/upgrading Firefox was considered too hard / not worth it at the time.

>People bought into the meme that Chrome was the fastest browser and IE was slow as shit. Now it's literally the opposite yet people still cling to Chrome.
Is it? Is Edge actually fast or is it fast, because they, yet again, don't follow the spec?

A few years ago Chrome undoubtedly had the fastest JS engine.

Edge is honestly OK for most things now. It just needs weebum/VP8 support and a bit more compliance with web standards and I could see maining it on my Windows install.

Exactly this.

I still don't understand how Microsoft got pwned by the eurocucks for including IE in their fucking OS but they didn't care about Google using their dominant position to monopolize the browser market.

>search something using the most popular search engine
>try chrome, a faster browser! pops up every time

Gee, I wonder why?

Also, it's hard to imagine now, but once upon a time Google was thought of very differently by people in a position to influence these sorts of things. Development of other browser had stagnated a little bit as well, with Firefox being awfully bloated at the time.

firefox is just broken in its core.

Edge is fast because is pretty much the only browser on Windows that can into hardware acceleration.

google chrome was really better than others around 2007-2008 when it took off. it started and loaded pages much faster than firefox or IE. it also was less bloated and occupied less UI space than the other browsers.

>mfw I use firefox since v.2.0 and it works just fine
well, except the fucking Australis meme and some other dumb shit they did, but all of this is fixable

so far

>can into hardware acceleration.
>hurr durr I have no idea what I am talking about

It's really not. FF57 is significantly faster than Chrome for rendering large pages, and once NoScript gets ported (this is almost done, should be done by the time FF57.0 releases as stable) it will be far and away more secure than Chrome too. uBlock Origin + Violentmonkey + Stylus + Dev Edition dark theme gets me everything else I need.

Chrome 60 eats up 2.2GB just to display 10 pages.
Firefox uses 400MB.

Still use Firefox over chrome because downsampled images in Chrome are blurred to fuck (any image in general is as well).

diff.pics/lXlMPddflzie/1

Fucking shitty. I'd change to chrome if they fixed it.

everytime i switch back to firefox i get asscancer because of the way it handels extentions.
>extention is not compatible with your version of firefox
even way before web extensions.

What's fucking hilarious is that this problem used to go the other way around, about ten years ago. Firefox used a downsampling algorithm that lead to jaggie filled output and either Chrome or IE used a different one.

downloadmoreram.com

That's because the XUL/XPCOM extensions hook directly into the full source of the running browser, so any source level change had the potential to break extensions. It's an inevitable artifact of full source access plus a fast release cycle. Again, this is what moving to webextensions is all about fixing, and why Chrome used webextensions from day one.

>looking at downsampled anime images
thats where you went wrong in life

It's advertised by google and it meets all of the standards for being a browser of choice for an average person. Then there's this opinion :
>hurr durr BOTNET
.. so ? Does it change anything ? Why should an average person care about google having their browsing information ?

FF seems to be buggy and not good enough for modern web to me and it also is slower compared to chrome (at least in my experience), meanwhile Edge is a work in progress but it looks promising.

Hail botnets for now, I guess.

What is genuinely the best browser?

>best support
>best speed
>best interface
>best aesthetic

etc.?

Edge doesn't have a Linux and an OSX versions, it's as gay as Safari.

this

when using a real operating system that doesn't matter.

Google is literally starting to censor the opinions of people they don't like. Anyone who voted for Trump (or anyone but Hillary, really) should not trust Google products with any sensitive information.

I just like it the most. Firefox never really did anything for me

How?

Microsoft is retarded. They did not see the play in chrome, they thought we control the most used OS we have high hand, the forgot the usage of mobile. Microsoft could made edge not shit if they invested more money like google did

Windows isn't real for me it's incapable as a workstation for software engineering.

They rejected Gab.AI from the Play Store for """hate speech""", just because it's an alternative to Twitter that doesn't do Twitter's censorship of conservative views.

Because every alternative was worse.

>winshills

People tend to dismiss its because Google advertised it. It's true that part of its success is attributable to it being heavily advertised, but the big reason why it's so successful is because it's actually really, really good. Its interface was super clean and simple and lead to a new paradigm in browser UI development, it wasn't bogged down by extraneous features that most people didn't want, and it was fast as fuck. Basically it was exactly the kind of browser that people wanted to do the job of surfing websites.

and the cost of that are features which will never see the light of day with webext

>manipulating search results
>their whole ad policy on youtube
>the internal ballgag on speech

Chrome obviously if you don't fear the botnet

>best support
no such thing
>best speed
chrome some say firefox nightly
>best interface
firefox before the removal of the old api
>best aesthetic
firefox before the removal of the old api
in short firefox before the removal of the old api is genuinely the best browser

Thoughts?

Chrome skins are dumb and pointless.

wich one is the best browser, that dont into botnet and store my lewd search history????

Feel a little lonely I guess, but looking forward to reading some books. Also some other things

suggested on every major google site

Why don't you use Iridium anyway?

Installed it today and I'm using it right now. Same shit as Opera without free vpn. But Chrome extensions works straight from their website. Also you can go to chromium settings by typing chrome://settings
And there is its own setting on top of that. I don't know if they fucked that shit up or overlooked or it's a "feature".

Thoughts?
is it the best one for phones?

Maybe it's because it pings to the botnet as well since it is chromium and it offers no real benefits over chrome ?

Firefox with some heavy tweaks, perhaps ?
Tor is a good choice for hiding from google, but you're a part of a Tor botnet once you hit it up.

FF is generally shit for phones, at least in my experience. Phone OS's, especially androids are probably the only type of an OS where you literally should use chrome / chromium over anything else.

1. by actually being a good browser
2. people would actually recommend it
3. by picking up the rest of the users by heavily promoting it on their services on literally every browser that is not chrome, like "hey, you use IE? it's shit, try this" - and it was actually true (it still is)

>no webm/vp8 support
So it's basically unusable.

>everyone uses google.com
>google shills chrome on google.com

it's not rocket science

>looking forward to read some books
>still clinging to the printed jew
Fucking hell I though you better than this, Sup Forums

Anyone who voted for Trump should not be trusted anywhere near electronics in the first place, they might hurt themselves.

>firefox makes a incognito browser
>there are no tabs

How am I supposed to view several nude pics at the same time without them? Fucking dropped.

>People bought into the meme that Chrome was the fastest browser and IE was slow as shit

Mozilla had already dented Microsoft's armor. But the rest of it is . They advertise Chrome on literally all their websites. Honestly, I think people switch just to get rid of the fucking banners and popups.

Why aren't you using Brave yet?

Buy a normal phone and stop using shitty apps which hog resources.
Firefox beta on Sony Z5 is literal heaven, muh smart HTTPS, violent monkey and ublock origin work on it.

guys I need some help.

I want the clear my phone data because I have insufficient space. But I don't want to lose my tabs at the same time. How do I do it? Can I delete cookies without losing tabs on Chrome mobile?

wget

Waterfox.. It's pretty much Mozilla Firefox, but with removed telemetry, a better logo, and it runs a bit faster (for me at least, 64 bit.)

because compared to the alternatives, chrome has always been the best at just werking, having useful features like sync (that actually works), early adoption of new standards, performance, consistency, etc

the "muh freedom" front will never win as long as you keep producing software that's inferior in every way

Enjoy being literal sheeple.

>all fixable
On nightly, can confirm that you're dead wrong. The new theme is a trashfire, and can't be modified. Half of my add-ons aren't compatible, and nearly all of them will never be able to be compatible with the new extension system.

it's designed to be as light-weight as a browser can be on mobile while still being usable, I use it because it takes like 10mbs of my storage and the only time I use a browser on my phone is to fact-check something quickly

Kys Solaswife

Combined with actually being the best browser

By developing V8, the best/fastest javascript engine.

By making the best rendering engine too.

By supporting the most web standards of all browsers. Basically almost everything works on it, no matter how old or new.

By making a self-updating browser, which made sure everyone who installed it has the latest version, and so increasing the quality of the web.

Chrome still looks like ass though and it's a botnet.

I remember when Chrome first came out, I used Firefox on XP at the time. Chrome felt a million times faster at rendering pages, even on an Athlon 3500+, though I stuck with Firefox for a while until Firefox 4 fucked things up for a while

> workstation for software engineering.
U CAN RUN LINUX ON WINDOWS HERHDER
GOOGLE SUBSYSTEM LINUX F WORD

Because it's faster than your piece of shit slow ass firefox and only autists care about muh botnet.

>performed well
>shoved in your face
>"just werks"

if only chrome was as visually customizable as firefox

By stealing Firefox's market share in a very nigger way.

it's a lightweight and fast browser at begging

Because it's the only usable browser Winfags can get.

I use it because I use many devices and I like the syncing of everything across them.

also it just werks

It steals Safari's market share too...

I like vivaldi, pretty comfy with mouse gestures.

It was great when it first hit the market. Best browser around.

Literally me.
Chrome was awesome at the time

Get Comodo Browser. Literally the best shit ever. Built on Chromium so quick, but absolutely better in every way

Google sabotaged Firefox in the mid-2000s. Thankfully, 57 is fast again matey

It's compatible with everything, fast and comes with Android.

Firefox with two profiles, the lewd one stored on an encrypted partition, with a shortcut that executes

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P "LewdProfile" -no-remote

for comfy access. This way I can log-in to sadpanda without keeping info on my "public" filesystem, and download directly to a private folder when using the lewd profile.

What's the easiest way of reusing a profile between Stable and Nightly on Windows?

1) Mass advertising by the world's largest internet ad company(Google)

2) It came out when most normies used IE which was shit, and firefox had horrible UI/UX for normies

3)People developed lots of extensions for it which became popular

4) Webdevs optimized tgeir website to its engine and forced many of their users to use it

5)Seamless integration with othet Google's services

Viral marketting. Of course Google Chrome was faster at the time: installing a fresh browser always yields a faster experience than one that has all these cookies and whatnot in it.

This.

And came bundled with Flash, because google doesn’t care about vulnerabilities and proprietary stuff.

This. Storage space is precious on a phone.

Shills.

>1) Mass advertising by the world's largest internet ad company(Google)

and this

>And came bundled with Flash, because google doesn’t care about vulnerabilities and proprietary stuff.

Those 2 are the main reasons.
It also came out in a pre-Snowden era. I'm not sure it'd get such high adoption if it was released after 2013.

>because its simply a mediocre browser and normalfags dont care about being spyed.

Fixed.

> By developing V8, the best/fastest javascript engine.

It’s Safari’s JavaScriptCore

arewefastyet.com/

> By making the best rendering engine too.

They are just using a WebKit fork.

> By supporting the most web standards of all browsers. Basically almost everything works on it, no matter how old or new.

Bulls hit, they suppor the standard they want, for example, they don’t support:

HLS (IETF)
JPEG2000 (JPEG)
HEIF (Nokia)
h.265 (MPEG)

Etc. doesn’t suit them, and their push for WebM and WebP

> By making a self-updating browser, which made sure everyone who installed it has the latest version, and so increasing the quality of the web.

All browsers have update methods.

> Seamless integration with othet Google's services

Including Google Analytics...