There are people on this board right who aren't touch typists

>there are people on this board right who aren't touch typists
How does it feel to hunt and peck like small children?

Other urls found in this thread:

keybr.com/
kde.org/applications/education/ktouch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ITA NOL MY FAOLY I CAMT TIUCX TYIE

feels bad man

nah, I simply don't believe that shit

I believe that everyone here can easily get 80+ WPM

i have dyspraxia and even i can manage 50wpm. what's your excuse?

I can touch type but my technique is flawed, I use my two index fingers to type. I can do about 80 - 90 WPM but I'd probably be much faster if I used the rest of my fingers.

To be fair most small children can touch type now because they have to take a class in school. So, people who hunt and peck, how does it feel to be inferior to small children?

I don't even know how that speed is possible with only two fingers.

I actually don't, I misremembered. I generally use my index, middle, and ring finger like most who didn't learn to type properly. I have pretty clumsy fingers so I feel pretty good about that.

>not a true touch typist (don't keep left fingers on asdf and right on jkl;)
>average 110 wpm

Hmm

Hey, whatever works for you. That's pretty fast. Most tests I've taken put me at 70 wpm, and that's with standard home row technique.

>there are people on this board reight not who arenĀ“t toucvh typisys.
How dowes it feel to gfunt and peck like small chgilder?

>feels bad man

What qualifies as typelet WPM?

Below 64WPM

I can touch type only sometimes. Some days it just doesn't work. Especially on Wednesdays

Touch typing without ever using my pinkies. I just hate that feeling

Fast and comfortable.

My keyboard doesn't even have lettering on the keys.

Get on my level.

keybr.com/

we're finally gonna make it, user

I have been doing some filthy slangy typing I improvised over the years, then one day I decided that I'm not l33t enough and it's time to learn proper touch typing, I had to choose between qwerty and dvorak and colemak, and figured that since qwerty is used in most places I should go for it, there was no scientific reason to pick dvorak over qwerty, everything on it is just rumor.

At texts not involving commas I have a high WPM of about 120, when commas are mixed in I'm at about 90-100, I don't believe any more would make any sense now so I settled for this.

i don't use all my fingers correctly but can get 100 wpm when the test is full of words ive typed a hundred times. complicated words, or words with letter combinations that dont favor my style, and unusual punctuation drop my wpm significantly.

Yeah that's another on of the shitty parts about being an X'er. My hands were build for the outdoors and hard labor, something you'd know nothing at all about, sadly.

>participate in multiplayer competition
tfw there's probably some 140 wpm guy who just goes on there all day

What if I can touch type but I'm only 60 wpm

I didn't look at the keyboard for this post but I'm just too slow. I want to be a wpm god. my dad can do 80.

Funfact: in germany Touchtyping is called "ten finger typing".

Multiplayer typing tests suck even if you're a competent touch typist, you're either facing a typing god who trash cans everybody at 180 wpm or retards who can't break past 30-40 wpm.

>no one born after 1984 does labor jobs
Nice

I don't really touch type, but I don't really hunt to find the keys either. I've basically memorized the order of the keys, so it's not like I need to look at the keyboard.

I always type faster than I could if typos weren't allowed. I can type a word very fast but if I would have to type a full letter it would be slower because I make mistakes, erase them and continue typing. That's why I don't like typing tests because I can't watch what I've typed, I have to watch what to type next. Going back and forth between those two is not that fast. If I wouldn't make any typos they would be fine but that would mean I type slower than I've used to, to eliminate them. My finger position isn't the typical one where fingers rest at home row but I still use all my fingers.

On a simple typing test without excessive special or number characters, scoring anything below 80+ wpm is typelet tier. You should be aiming for around 100+ wpm at the very minimum.

Does. My counter was learning GNU/Linux and being black.

based black man please cuck my wife with your FLOSS big black cock

I have dysgraphia and I can touch type at 120 WPM-ish

I thought it was "blind schreiben"

I can type without looking at the keyboard, but I have no need for that. Fast typers are usually either IM or MMO addicts, not technology inclined people.

>implying programmers don't take use of touch typing

actually they don't, every programmer I've ever had to deal with doesn't fucking know how to touch type and I have to fucking sit there watching them type a word a minute in pure agony
either that or they fell for the dvorak meme and forgot how to use a qwerty keyboard which also fucks shit up but not as much
then they lie to you and say "i'm not used to this keyboard" as an excuse since it takes about 30 seconds to get used to a new keyboard (unless keys like ctrl and fn are moved)

>implying programmers don't take use of touch typing
Maybe pajeets with their verbose languages.

>there are people on this board who think touch typing is an useful skill
How does it feel to live 10 years in the past?

>bbc confirmed

You must be a fingerlet. I can get that much with just my two thumbs on a fucking cell phone or tablet.

kekd

RIP your theoretical gf

>get mechanical keyboard
>WPM avg goes from 100 to 120
turns out they're not a meme

I tried several times but it's really complicated to unlearn what was learned.

And what was learned was basically touchtyping with maybe 2-4 fingers. Pinkie is never used. But hey, I don't look at the keyboard at all. Once I went outside with my thinkpad and some middle aged woman told me that I typed too fast.

I know where all the keys are just fine, I don't need to hunt and peck as you put it - but I don't sit my fingers on all of the keys, I only use about three or four fingers, that's just what's natural to me and no amount of trying to use all of my fingers helps.
So what? What difference does it make?
Not like I'm recording anything critical for a courtroom and need to have a 200WPM rate or anything.

i dont touch type nor peck, i just type regularly. i dont see how touch typing is any faster it looks retarded

cant you guys just naturally learn how to type fast on a keyboard your own way instead of some gay way

>Take typing test just to check
>69WPM
Not bad considering I've gone back to my rubberdome while my mech keyboard is being RMA'd I suppose. I don't like this keyboard now despite all the years of good service it gave to me.
It just feels... eugh. And the layout is just different enough, along with the key height, to slow me down a little.

Still, 69wpm isn't completely trash. Google reckons the average (we're talking plebs here, not us) is 40.

So do I but I can at least manage 80-90

AKWAYS NUSS NIST JEYS BY 1 BUTTIB
(translation: always miss most keys by 1 button)
how the fuck do you guys hit the right key always/almost always?

also forgot my wojak meme

I unlearned the hunt and peck meme last year. Took about a month of frustration and slower typing as I forced myself to unlearn the bad habits but I did it. You can too.

I spent 3 months with that, some websites and applications for that.

It still took me a whole minute to post something that I would be done with in a few seconds the older way. That's what puts me off the most.

I'm glad they taught typing in elementary school.

Touch typists on average are 58WPM. Anything greater than that is considered fast.

Then you are a genetic dead end

Dyspraxic hunt-and-pecker.

Never felt the need to learn to touch type, I already type 100-110 wpm as it is. I use my left pinky for shift, right thumb for space, and index fingers for every other key.

First race I found myself struggling and then after that I was really fast.

fpbp

How is this fun? For what reason did you make this post?
Is this german humor?

>tfw 100wpm on a normal keyboard but currently confined to a fucking awful laptop keyboard that drags me down to 60-70 because it's so goddamn shallow and I can't get used to it

I can type 70 wpm using 2-3 fingers per hand

I wish I knew proper typing but at this point it's too hard for me to unlearn

I have retarded motor skills and I can manage 60-70 wpm

"""true"""

If you have memorized the layout just keep your hands on the keyboard and don't move them, then just type slowly by moving just the fingers and not palms. You can't reach them all unless you start using more than a couple of fingers. This way I learned I think, but it's so long ago. I don't keep my hands the traditional way, I already spread them on the keyboard while resting them.

Fine, I'm not a secretary.

>tries to touch type withiyt correcting spelling

Not bad

I'd like to feel that I'm getting better at touch typing, I mean I look at the keyboard a lot less now which is pretty neat

>How does it feel to hunt and peck like small children?

Small children tap and swipe, my friend. It's old people who hunt and peck.

>oh Tyrone I ran outta milk can you please cum in my cornflakes ugggghhhhh

The english word sounds like you are typing without seeing, while the german term sounds like you are typing with 10 fingers.
Some anons said ,,Im basicly touch typing but with only index fingers"
While i could say ,,Im basicly ten finger typing but im watching on the keyboad"
Yes both would be wrong.

Hello, typefriend

Practice. Force yourself not to look at the keys and you'll do it out odd necessity.

Learning right now. Got letters, capitals and basic symbols done. Typing feels so much better now.

kde.org/applications/education/ktouch/

What the fuck is touch typing, I just have spatial memory of where the keys are. it's why when my keyboard is at an angle I type jibberish (because there is a strike position offset).

There are a small bump on the f/j keys.
Take your index fingers and find them.
This should be your resting place whenever you don't type.
If you loose your footing (and the keys are one off), center your hands and start over.

Then force yourself to type more.
Write a report about something you have been doing, the content doesn't really matter.
It comes eventually if you try

hi

>How does it feel to hunt and peck like small children?

pretty good desu

Serious question: how do you lads type the fucking number row ? I swear this shit is nearly impossible to learn and I've got the rest of the keyboard down.

>inb4 manlet hands

My hands are fucking huge and I still can't reach the 0 with my pinkie without pulling some retarded hand gymnastics to reach it.

Nobody can convince me that I need to spend several weeks learning a foreign technique just to speed up my typing by 30%

I used to do a similar technique where you used your left ring, middle and index fingers for the left side, and index finger to type the right side. I honestly don't know why I learned this way.

I can toiucgh yupe very food thank you fagfit

>he types more than he thinks
I'm sorry, but your "job" is pointless and you will be replaced with either pajeets or robots.

Fuck you I don't touch type and I have a very reasonable typing speed.

>there are people on this board right who aren't wearing cute socks and skirts
this is a more pressing issue