Best linux for Mac?

I'm thinking of installing a linux OS on my MacBook.

Which is the best linux for a Mac user?

I've often wondered whether the linux experience would be different on a different platform (PowerPC, UltraSPARC, DEC Alpha)

Gen2

I installed Debian Gnome on my mbp, runs well. It's pretty cozy and seems not to have any issues. Just take heed that once installed it's a bitch to remove since Grub likes to take over.

Jenn-Two

standard sort of gnu userland should work fine but you might end up needing to use different tools here and there for things like performance monitoring and more fully fledged programs might have some unexpected issues, linux usually runs fine on things like power8 as an example

Elementary OS

solaris

Dual boot, you'll need it

Sugar on a stick

im stuck between elementary or ubuntu. which is better?

>a linux OS on my MacBook.
>Which is the best linux
The Linux kernel is the best Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Sierra

elementary is ubuntu based, but it's more polished and less bloated.
You're already used to MacOS interface, so I'd go with elementary

Lipstick on a pig.

Why?

macOS is awesome the way it is.
You already have bash or zsh on terminal.
It looks better and has better performance than any other OS.
You'd just be wasting your time.

The beauty of GNU/Linux is that it runs on anything. Use a common distro like Ubuntu or Fedora if you want non-free drivers included.

>fagOS

This
If you ever wanted a different OS you could just make a VM

>better performance than any other OS
Smoother animations on annoying window effects is not "better performance". Getting performance critical software to run properly on Mac OS can be torture, especially regarding graphics.

depends on which mac but generally fedora since it will have an up to date kernel with the latest drivers and it'll do all the partitioning for you

Whatever VMWare or Parallels supports the best.

which version of ubuntu is best?