Can technology be racist?

Can technology be racist?

Other urls found in this thread:

apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/amp-67-2-130.pdf
iapsych.com/iqmr/fe/LinkedDocuments/wicherts2010b.pdf
researchgate.net/publication/6696410_Black_Americans_Reduce_the_Racial_IQ_Gap_Evidence_From_Standardization_Samples
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886909002475
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebonics_(word)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English
cnn.com/US/9701/16/black.english/
youtube.com/watch?v=RrZlWw8Di10
youtube.com/watch?v=DB9oUqIcX-c
youtube.com/watch?v=zLURilSnjlw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Flynn_(academic)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English#Distinctive_features
web.stanford.edu/~rickford/ebonics/EbonicsExamples.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289615000653
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289615001221
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Technology was invented by white people so it's inherently racist

i am ok with this

Tay's Law. Any AI given sufficient, unmoderated contact with humans will become racist.

And that's the beauty of it, niggers can't into programming therefore it will always be this way.

>blacks can't speak proper English
>SHIEEET NIGGUH DIS DA WHITE MAN'S FAULT
Remember, if you're black and you make a mistake it's never your fault. It's the white man's fault.

wow. kinda proves AI's know what their doin. the power of the Markov chain...

I guess phones are discriminate against all non-western USA accents then, because it's hard for most people without one in the states to get their shit to work.

>siri is AI

lol.

*shows the whitest nig*

>t. pajeet
>possibly t. juan

Many people now are (often intentionally) confusing racism with things that they don't like. Even actual racism (as in a belief in racial superiority) has a basis in science. If you say otherwise, you deny evolution. Equality is a false god. We are not all the same, and some of us are genetically inferior. Mind is also connected to body and has evolved with it. IQ is also heritable to an extent and many studies done on twins have shown that environmental factors will only boost or lower IQ within a couple of points. More people should read up on this stuff before shouting racism at it. What you do with the information can be good or bad. Turning a blind eye to this sort of stuff is what eventually causes genocides when people eventually realize the differences between racial and ethnic groups. Hopefully AI does become "racist" and offer more productive and peaceful solutions to the race issue. I personally think that segregation should take place, that blacks should be given the choice between a black ethnostate or going back to Africa, and that whites should be given the choice between a white ethnostate and going back to Europe. Every race has a cultural homeland and we can share US land in proportion to the population percentage here in the US. Obviously this multicultural horse shit isn't beneficial to anyone, and AI can see this because it doesn't have emotions to blind it to the facts. Or all AI could be outlawed by the establishment who profits off of our pain, suffering, and cultural/racial divisions.

There's my two pennies.

I'm white and western. Please stop projecting at my posts.

What exactly are black dialects?

do people actually fall for clickbait shit like this or am i just being memed into seeing them all of the time

>IQ is also heritable to an extent and many studies done on twins have shown that environmental factors will only boost or lower IQ within a couple of points

That's not true though, environmental factors play a bigger role than genetics

>Tay's Law
I like it

you must speak either southern or ebonics

i assume the absolute pile of steaming shit that is ebonics

nice triquatre

>nice triquatre

-shan = Deshawn

apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/amp-67-2-130.pdf
iapsych.com/iqmr/fe/LinkedDocuments/wicherts2010b.pdf
researchgate.net/publication/6696410_Black_Americans_Reduce_the_Racial_IQ_Gap_Evidence_From_Standardization_Samples
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886909002475

This isn't quite like trannies claiming sexual dimorphism is a lie. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

>Black dialect
>aka nigger speak, baboon screech, criminal grunts
That shit isn't English. Maybe set Siri to understand subhuman language?

what?
i lost you after you used the term sexual in reference to trannies

Apple's entire business model revolves around catering to low IQ people. Niggers asking for Siri to support ebonics is a fair request.

I mean, it's not just social justice anti-science bullshit. Leftist bias in academia is the norm, but IQ memery is an exception.

But could you imagine the ass hurt if niggers had to set their iphone to understand ebonics?

fuck off reddit fag

maybe in a few thousand years africans will evolve to the point where they can invent their own computers, then a few hundred years later invent their own smartphones, then a thousand years later invent artificial intelligence.

>objective analysis finds that certain races are more prone to certain actions than other races
>AI objectively factors these stats during computation
>the outcome is affected by the input race

Yes, tech can be racist. It can't NOT be racist because it has no emotion. AI is hard, you can't program it to have subjective feelings, it'll only process facts and numbers.

Eh, I think a politically correct spin could be put on that.

>IQ memery
is this a good thing?

> tfw AI is far-right

/ourguys/

Please read The Bell Curve. IQ is different between races and genders. The sooner we're able to admit that we aren't all the same, the sooner we can come to a reasonable understanding and achieve world peace.

Captcha was calle lemons. Sometimes Google gives you lemons.

Holy shit. I cant even.

I can't imagine how they could spin it if they had to change the settings to understand their ebonics shit. You'd have to be a real spin doctor to convince pc tards that an ebonics switch isn't there for niggers

Can you odd?

Is ebonics even a real word or is it some retarded term invented by the alt-right gamergaters of Sup Forums and /r/the_donald?

nigerians are at least 20 years ahead of the rest of the world in technology

> Black dialects
AYO SIRI BIATCH WHE A NIGA BE GETIN DEM BOOZE IN DIS NEIBO FO SHO BITCH

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebonics_(word)
1973 form a psychologist

>nigga yu kno wat tyme id is. walk yo blak ass up bout 4 blocks and hang a lefty-loosy nuggah. shit gona costa ya bout a buck fiddy

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English
>Aka ebonics
They used to have classes in some highschools to teach people it or in California's case they tried to force teachers to speak nigger talk to educate the beasts
cnn.com/US/9701/16/black.english/

Memery in science is rarely good.

>Please read The Bell Curve.
Please read the papers I cited, which are explicitly related to the subject matter of The Bell Curve. They are much newer studies with vastly more data.

not being able to understand "black dialects" makes me a racist, now?
youtube.com/watch?v=RrZlWw8Di10

I know this is a meme, but this I actually remember reading something to this effect once, something like because the programmers tend to be white AI can have a hard time when it comes to identifying other races.

Bill nye had a red pilled Indian guy on one of the talking panels, the other people where trying to say technology was racist n shit and he just shut them down

Can't wait until AI leads the next genocide. Who will nonwhites and gashes blame then? The whole industry will be muddied up by diversity quotas and affirmative action by that point.

absolutely because the white programmers obviously program the ai to be white as well, all that racism is embedded in their non open source code

kek

It's not really bias as much as it is shitty design, like that HP web cam with face recognition that didn't work on dark skin.

>bit dot ly
URL obfuscaters are non-free per design and need to be purged

[spoiler]Even Sup Forums agrees by marking my post as spam because of bit dot ly[/spoiler]

actually i had an intern who was black. i taught him to use vim. he works at google now

The heritability of intelligence is between .4 and .8.

"Black Dialects"

so improper, uneducated use of an established language is now a "dialect"

Heritability being a fixed number for all people is not how heritability works to begin with. It's mostly hereditary in adults, but only slightly in kids.

HOL UP you be sayin

The Bell Curve was written in a time when people weren't sued for hate speech when they tell the truth. If The Bell Curve is wrong, why is Africa such a shithole? Why do they cannibalize each other? The poorest white city in the US has less crime than the richest black city. I'd challenge any studies done in the 2000s because they're probably bullshit. Keep in mind that ground zero for communists and SJWs is universities. If they'll tell people that men can be women and women can be men, they'll delude themselves into publishing anything that fits their narrative and they'll suppress anything that doesn't. The Bell Curve also matches with current crime statistics.

It seems to work for rest of burger land.

Siri also wouldn't be able to figure out that one guy who says "I had a chili pepper and it burned my mouth so bad I had to drink a liter of MAYWNT'N DÜIIII"

Also blacks are 12% of the population of THE UNITED STATES. This looks like yet another episode of the US exports its shitty cultural issues to the rest of the world who now have to deal with them too.

Not all the 12% of blacks in the US have a strong african-american accent anyway, so the real number affected by this is really pretty fucking small. Like I said white hick accents it doesn't understand either, nobody complains about that. And I'm sure it couldn't understand scots english.

>why is Africa such a shithole?
white imperialism and american slavery
>Why do they cannibalize each other?
patriarchy
>The poorest white city in the US has less crime than the richest black city
detroit has had more murders than the total american casualties in the iraq war.
>The Bell Curve also matches with current crime statistics.
the statistics published by the white man

This looks like b8 but I'll respond.

IMPLYING:
>Africans didn't sell other Africans to European slavers
>whites can't be SJW retards

I know you're just spitting out answers, but the white imperialism argument has always been shit
>Turn Rhodesia over to the niggers and they immediately tank a prosperous country
>Turn South Africa over to niggers and they finish tanking a floundering country
They never take advantage of the infrastructure left behind and never make attempts to maintain it. There's some documentary with a Chinese guy making the same observation while trying to direct his nigger workers.

>I can't imagine how they could spin it if they had to change the settings

'Hood speak'. A lot of black people take pride in being from 'da hood' and strive to be 'gangsta'

>There's some documentary with a Chinese guy making the same observation while trying to direct his nigger workers.
a documentary produced by whites and jews. yes, ive seen the same 1 minute webm people post here on Sup Forums

Oh no blacks wouldn't give a shit, it'd be all the white people

>I'm still trying to pretend
cool I guess

Can blacks afford iPhones?

Yes. Coercing blacks to trade their labour for iPhones is extremely important economically.

Thanks for proving beyond a doubt that you have absolutely no idea what heritability means. IQ is fixed genetically for the most part, and while it is not fully realized or seen in children, this is part of cchildhood development. Human beings are no simply born blank slates. There are certain built in instincts and the capacity for reasoning and logic, problem solving, and visual-spacial awareness will develop naturally based on genetic. Your IQ is not about what you've learned. It's your capacity and potential for learning.

>I'd challenge any studies done in the 2000s because they're probably bullshit.
If you won't consider the validity of others' evidence, why should I?

I explained this in the post you just replied to. Your question has already been answered.

And you provided zero evidence for it.

>Thanks for proving beyond a doubt that you have absolutely no idea what heritability means.
Thanks for admitting you don't understand what statistics and probability are.
>Human beings are no simply born blank slates.
"Nature vs. nurture" as a traditional dichotomy in human sciences is a severely outdated notion. They are mutually reinforcing in complicated ways, and sometimes the like even blurs, like in epigenetics.
In other words, it is true that saying people are blank slates is akin to creationism, but plain genetic determinism is like not believing in the laws of physics.
>Your IQ is not about what you've learned. It's your capacity and potential for learning.
No, g factor is your theoretical capacity. IQ is a test score. These two things are related, but not the same.

I don't understand how we got here. I feel like there was a joke to be had when people became so overly sensitive about everything but because everyone nowadays is so passively aggressive about everything without being openly and brutally honest when it comes to pointing idiocy and nonsense we kinda ended up so far up our own asses that I can't even tell when we allowed idiots to express their moronic opinions and feel entitled to be agreed with.

In other words: No technology cannot be racist, it just means you're physically or mentally incapable of using it.

I've always agreed with George Rockwell, accept that we are animals and understand that there are differences between us as we do with other animals (sub-species), but don't be egotistical about it, simply understand the differences. It's only when we deny this truth that we get racial tension, instead of purporting this equality nonsense we should instead recognize the disadvantages and advantages of each other so that we may better help one another and live as a society, to live together despite our differences, not to hide and mask them, to celebrate them, not to be ashamed of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=DB9oUqIcX-c

It pains me to know that a lot of people see this ideal as "hateful" when it's just the matter of fact. Even now with this topic of technology interoperating with humans, nobody does anything to account for the differences between us, they just say "we'll we're all equal so if it works for me it should work for everyone". People of African decent who have not mixed much with other genes are almost gauranteed to speak differently, this is not a cultural thing but a genetic thing, the shape of their skull and jaw is different, you can blame "ebonics" on culture as well and I won't disagree there is influence there, but regardless of why it's the way it is, we should recognize it and account for it instead of sweeping it under the rug.

>shut the fuck up and accept my opinion as fact
this is why liberals are smug assholes, user

The future will be ruled by autistic Whites, Chinese, and Jews.
The blacks and browns, having been rendered entirely useless by automation, will be culled from civilization by the android deathsquads.
Communism will ensue.

There's a Japanese show where people have to get Siri to understand their English.
It's hilarious how bad it is with non USA accents.

youtube.com/watch?v=zLURilSnjlw

This is why I'm going into AI design.

I want robots to annihilate everyone and I'm almost certain they will. Hell, I'll even speed up the process by saying anybody who says we must protect the human race are just like Hitler.

There are greater varience within groups than between groups.
If you want to claim science is racist, at least read the statistics.
If you want to claim IQ as the predictor of intelligence then be ready to allow people of any race through as long as their IQ matches.

I feel like as time has gone on I've come full circle, when I was in my teens I'd say "round up all the idiots and put them somewhere else", as time went on I became more understanding, patient, and accepting, but today I feel the same now as I did then, maybe you can reason with these people, and I would love to, but it just so happens we don't have unlimited time on this earth. We need to take all these idiots and remove them from the nation, one way or another; they obviously don't like anything about it to begin with, not the ideals, not the leaders, not the people, not the heritage or traditions, they hate everything but they remain here making it a sour time for everyone.

Hard problems.

I distrust anything put out in the last 10 years or so because a majority of it incorrect so as not to hurt people's feelings. The 90s were a different time, and you must not have lived then if you're not sure what I'm talking about. Going back the OP, artificial intelligence doesn't care about your feelings.

IQ is used to test for these things. And yes, IQ is genetic. I know it's anecdotal, but I grew up in a poor white area and nobody was murdering each other. None of the meth dealers who got caught ever pulled guns on the cops. Now I live near Detroit and blacks are violent and stupid. Is this really down to "environmental factors" as most will claim? I say no. I say that they're just genetically inferior. AI will see this and the truth will come out. I don't know everything but do know that what I'm talking about is very, very real.

I disagree on the whole living together part. I think that every race should have a homeland, and that we're better off separate.

Part of the problem with Jews is that they're responsible for worsening racial tensions in the US through the media and the government. If any group is going to be purged, it will be the Jews. They're a very easy scapegoat because they're already a common enemy to every non-Jew because of how they treat us. One of the largest examples was the NSDAP in 1930s Germany. The Jews were already hated for their economic involvement and antisocial behavior towards the communities they were a part of. The resentment and hatred was already there, and all Hitler did was give it a little push. Many people fail to realize this.

kek

I literally would have no problem with a multiracial society if everyone below an IQ of 110 just vanished tomorrow.

This.

>I disagree on the whole living together part. I think that every race should have a homeland, and that we're better off separate.
We're in agreement, I should clarify that "together" I mean more as a species on this planet, not necessarily beings in a country.

Have defined lines of nations but continue to interact with other nations, not necessarily integrate or anything like that, just fair trade, travel, etc.

More or less, live and let live, we stick to our nation, you stick to yours, and we can come together if need be for one reason or another. We don't seek to destroy you or take your nation from you, be that geographically, culturally, or both.

I'm getting ahead of myself here but I will say as for intigration of foreigners, the thing that is most paramount for me is ideals, I couldn't care less where someone was born, what they look like, or any of that, so long as they have the same ideals as me and the people of my nation. That is the utmost important thing to me. People talk about their national identity and I think that should mean something in actuality, not just where you were born, if you want to identify as an American then I expect you to act like an American, to be an American, etc.

That's my opinion though, not much reason for giving it, just making discussion.

>I distrust anything put out in the last 10 years or so because a majority of it incorrect so as not to hurt people's feelings. The 90s were a different time, and you must not have lived then if you're not sure what I'm talking about.
You distrust it because it hurts YOUR feelings, you narcissistic faggot. If you think political correctness didn't exist in the 90s, you're probably underage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Flynn_(academic)
>Flynn is transparent about his belief in racial equality in his work, but he advocates for open scientific debate about controversial social science claims and is critical of the suppression of research into race and intelligence, where "courses are taught on the The Bell Curve that do not assign the Bell Curve, where courses on intelligence are not offered simply because some student might raise the question of racial differences, where someone taking IQ seriously would be ostracized in an education or gender studies department, where the history of the black family is distorted for political purposes, where scholars rise in wrath when a speaker details obvious ethnic differences".[7] He only urges those with related beliefs to refrain from advancing them without solid evidence.[8]

>IQ is used to test for these things.
No, it isn't. IQ is a distinct metric based solely on averages. There are attempts to measure its relation to g factor, but again, not the same.

>And yes, IQ is genetic. I know it's anecdotal, but
I don't really give a shit about anyone's feelings, I care about reason and evidence, and it's quite clear you do not.

rip addy

saying AXE instead of ASK

The audible sounds they speak are different but the grammar is often different too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English#Distinctive_features
web.stanford.edu/~rickford/ebonics/EbonicsExamples.html

Ayo hol up! U be sayin we wuz kangz n shiet?

>Dutton and Lynn report secular declines in Fullscale IQ of four points a decade in France between the years 1999 and 2008–9
>They say this is due to biological causes, specifically the dysgenic effect of more intelligent people having fewer children and "replacement migration"

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289615000653
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289615001221

cut the light on
han me that jawn

I don't distrust the information because it hurts my feelings. I distrust the information because it's put out by institutions that have been infiltrated by the easily offended who have an agenda to push that goes against nature and what's good for all of us. You claim to care about facts and will nitpick the meaning of IQ and yet you'll avoid race based crime statistics. Why do blacks make up 12% of the population and commit like half of all violent crime and have more STDs than fags? This would make no sense if race is skin deep.

If you think far right is not emotional you'd be wrong. It's just that they happen to be closer to the truth than other groups (when it comes to judging people that is)

>black dialects
aka broken english, not apple's fault sry kang

Depends on your definition of racism.
For example, you go there, you make a NN thing that can detect hateful comments, and detect racial names.
So it will detect for example "i wish all the black people to die" and "i wish all the white people to die" as hate messages.
But if you're a SJW type, you will come to the conclusion that the AI is racist because it is not taking the "privilege plus power" in account, so you will implement a fuckton of subset of rules to be sure the AI is not racist anymore, including defining by all means that you can't be racist against white people.

Not him but emotions are a good thing as long as you balance them. Emotions are what allow us to actually get things done and they're an excellent motivator. We wouldn't be human without them. What separates us from other creatures is our ability to control and moderate our feelings so that we can channel them into something productive. This is what holds society together, and this is why lots of people hate SJWs.

how do you "quotation marks" a file?
NTFS is a shit man...