Where did the computer go?

Mommy's basement where the neckbeard monster man dwells and will eat you if you step foot in his cave

haha am I right fellow memesters?

prolly hiding up OP's gigantic rectal area

I don't get the reasoning behind making small, dense desktop computers. They're basically laptops, minus the benefits of laptops.

they usually pack a much larger screen if you compare them to laptops. That's literally the only advantage.

Usually these AIOs are more potent than a laptop cause desktop processor.

They hardly ever ship with desktop processors

Don't you care about desk space? Or space in general?

IN DA CLOUD

It is because you have never had a job.
A laptop forces you to look down on the content where a desktop let you look ahead.
Do both for a couple of weeks and see why people prefer a desktop.

Funny that the G5 iMac happened. Jobs stated such a design was flawed during the reveal of the G4 iMac.

Maybe they fixed the flaws

I have seen lots of AIOs with desk processors, not including iMacs

Source or its bullshit.

apple shrunk the power of that machine into something the width of you thumb that could run off literally a potato

fuck apple, all hail apple !

It's not hard to figure out. Most people no longer have a need for a conventional desktop computer. Compact computers are advance enough to do nearly everything most people use computers for. The only people who still benefit from the power of desktops are gaymurrs and content creators. Hell, we're at the point now where probably half the population only needs a modern smartphone and a WiFi router and they're good to go.

>usually
Eks Dee we can dream

Underrated post
Pay attention now Sup Forums before it's too late

>implying we can do anything to stop this madness

i miss the old keyboard computer form factor

i miss the amiga

why won't someone make this again? you could put more powerful hardware than in shitty laptops and people wouldn't have to use the shitty trashcans known as 'cases'

It would be nice if this was an actual form factor, as in the keyboard etc being all modular and on a standard size/connection.

A shitload of AIOs ship with desktop processors, just not with HEDT ones for obvious reasons.

All of the current-gen iMacs save for the cheapest 21" model come with desktop processors.

- People want different keyboards
- Active cooling will suck up all dust from the desk
- What if you spill coffee on it
- It's harder to put the bulky keyboard away if you need the desk for something else

You can just have a case with a hole in it to put whatever keyboard you like, or remove it if you want.

We just need more real, actual cases, that have a small fingerprint.

You can't have a universal hole. Some people want curved ergonomic keyboards, some want tenkeyless mechanical ones, some want tiny laptop-style ones to save desk space.

There is also the problem of wires. WiDi sucks balls, so you'll need at least two cables across the table, one of them a fat, stiff display cable.

Into the chin.

this is an absolutely ugly design
i never understood why people pretend like apple hardware looks good

>this is an absolutely ugly design
you are wrong

best iMac.

>fuck huge whitespace below the screen
>not ugly

>user, why did you take my monitor when you brought me a new computer? i need that back because you cant adjust this new monitor up and down and im mad.

real world idiots

*iDiots