discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

catb.org/esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no?
/sage

OP vs many dicks

discuss

I don't know why people are being rude to you, OP. I think your thread's a nice idea.

both styles have their pros and cons
like everything
there's really nothing to discuss

>OP + many dicks
ftfy

TempleOS >>>> any other OS.

what it has to do with that thread

>op at a buffet of dicks
guess the ending

Either. Both have proven successful and there's a huge amount of middle ground so who really gives a fuck?

The book is far more interesting than just the 90's flame bait title, though. It's not long and still just as relevant today as it was nearly 20 years ago.

catb.org/esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/

Why is stallman vs torvalds.jpg?
Torvalds is in love with bazaar. Just not version GPLv3. Although he's said it may be perfect for other projects, just not his.

Stallman is cathedral.

Bazaar single handedly resists the test of time while the cathedral is just a name that curiously can sink once the original dev pleases.

ok kid.

Stallman wrote EMACS and GCC.

>demanding no recognition
>I, Terry Davis, wrote all 80,849 lines of TempleOS over the last 14.0 years,
including the 64-bit compiler
>humble as fuck

Bible Adventures OS with shit-tier everything.

emacs is a copy of xemacs from the genera lisp OS.

This is bait.

the audience wants a real show and not your nigger clowns.

time to pack up this dumbfuck circus

Its true tho

OK. I knew that part. I never actually read the book and assumed it was about proprietary vs. foss.
>Assumed : made ass of me.

The Cathedrals(Unix) were beautiful. The Bazaar is ugly and shitty, like GNU. Just look at the implementation of gnu yes.c. GNU code is ugly and bloated. Linus should've listened, and written a microkernel, not that bloated mess. Actual software engineers ran tools on the linux code, holy shit they were scared my that mess. It's all spaghetti.

Don't call it GNU/Linux. It gives Stallsham undue credit. He's done nothing but take credit for the work of others and has the audacity to call himself a Doctor when he couldn't even finish his Masters.

wrote emacs
Contributed to guy steele's TECO macros, later cloned gosmacs, the actual first emacs for UNIX. If stallman wrote emacs, apple is the sole creator of webkit.
wrote gcc and gdb
He wrote the C compiler initially, but the vast majority of development for other compilers and the C compiler has came from non-stallman sources.

And he hasn't programmed in years. Stallman is washed up, and his justifications for copyleft are horribly invalid nonsense that would make more sense if they were actual thinly veiled communism instead of selfish ramblings and a desire for a world that catered to his specific social class.

I can yell fags without something being sold to me in the bazaar but otherwise I feel compelled to self harm.