Why are people on this board so triggered by the collective "we"?

It's a perfectly legitimate use of language.

Other urls found in this thread:

ithkuil.net/05_verbs_1.html#Sec5o5
ithkuil.net/07_suffixes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

explain yourself

>not using "is" in his language
>not using "have" in his language
explain yourself

>Russian lacking words for expressing states of being or possession

not surprised they're so fatalist desu

what?

For example, if an American says "we landed on the moon", a bunch of autists will jump on him saying

>We
>Implying you did anything hahahahaha.

Did you?

Ithkuil doesn't either. Why? BECAUSE IT IS A PLEB THING TO DO.

>it's a pleb thing to do if Ithkuil and Russian don't do it
Also, I remember you Ithkuilfag from the conlanging thread

I'm the Pole with the bizarre phonetics conlang

Oh hi. Anyways, it is really complicated with ithkuil. Technically the language DOES have it but it does not come as a single copula

For example:

I am a doctor

and

I am a cat

Would use two different copulas. They are

Eglealôn ta

and

Rral te...

>this board

Are you confusing we with spee?

No, but using the collective we is a perfectly legitimate thing to say and doesn't necessarily imply the poster's actual participation-it implies his belonging to the ethnic group which accomplished said goal. For Argentina it would be something like "we used to be the top beef exporting nation in the world" or "we got fucked up by Peron".

Not a problem in ithkuil :^)

Ithkuil is excused, because it isn't an Indo-European language.

Russian is an Indo-European language and it is a Slavic language, so shit like oн - инжeнep, y мeня ecть pyчкa or other cavemen grammar should be haram.

English is an Indo-European language and should not have shit like "you" meaning both singular and plural.
Not to mention single negation is weird, uncommon and what is considered errors is just language constantly trying to substitute it with double negation as in most other languages.

Mate, Ithkuil is a constructed language

Idk, I actually like how russian deals with copulas. Very simple. Very straight to the point.

>English is an Indo-European language and should not have shit like "you" meaning both singular and plural.

Why not famalia? Are (((you))) mad?

I always say the UK or whatever
also,

WE

WUZ

>Idk, I actually like how russian deals with copulas. Very simple. Very straight to the point.
This has nothing to do with logic or practicality, you know that, you're smart. It just happened in Russian and while it's working, it looks weird as fuck to see it in a Slavic language.

>Why not famalia? Are (((you))) mad?
You can't be serious about that.

And in my conlang there's something of a tense used perpetual activity that occurs now and periodically occurred in the past, like with the sun rising you'd use it to simultaneously highlight that the sun is rising right now and that it does so all the time, day by day.

Please feast on that useless piece of information you never requested

ASTRONAUTS

I know, i was imitating them
Shut the fuck up, i already saw you in another thread and you'r fucking annoying

>This has nothing to do with logic or practicality, you know that, you're smart

Never said any of those things. Just was saying how I like that feature.

>it looks weird as fuck to see it in a Slavic language.

Pretty sure ukranian does this too, but I think it is more specific to their branch of slavic languages. Don't quote me on this.

>And in my conlang there's something of a tense used perpetual activity that occurs now and periodically occurred in the past,

You mean like "always"? Of course English's use of always is a bit less specific. For example

He always walks to the beach

versus

He is always on the computer

In ithkuil, these two sentences would use two different tenses. With the first sentence it is "always" in the context of what you said. With the other sentence, it is "always" in the sense of within ones experience.

L-lwagraloita'kš qu - He is always eating (For all my experience, he has always been eating)

versus

It even goes further in that the unbounded perspective can imply something that used to be.

L-lragratoita'kš qu - He would always eat (Eating was a periodic event)

There gave you some info.

How about you shut up about lying that you are white?

>always
Nope, it highlights how repetitive the activity is.
I have a feeling that there is something similar in the English adjective "rapid". You'd use it for activities that quickly repeat themselves (like firing, spinning).

Here the tense highlights that something is very repetitive, that it's always been like that (or for a long time), and it's going on right now, it's a present tense.
Another example would be if you wear the same blue shirts every day and you'd appear in one again right now.

Or, perhaps, I should just say it's used for noticing patterns...you wouldn't imagine how often do I use it.

again, feast on the useless information you never wanted

>You'd use it for activities that quickly repeat themselves

OH I SEE

ithkuil.net/05_verbs_1.html#Sec5o5

Is this the distinction that fits better?

>The ITERATIVE refers to a momentary or instantaneous event, like the PUNCTUAL above, which repeats itself in a rapid, on/off, staccato manner, like a machine gun burst, strobe light burst, an alarm bell ringing, or the quick unconscious tapping of a finger, the whole comprising a single CONTEXTUAL event.

That's the English sense behind the adjective "rapid", though the tense I'm talking about focuses only on confirming repetition and has nothing to do with speed.

Because my conlang has only a few tensoaspects, this one gets used a lot.

Oh, so just repetition alone?

I think there is a derivational suffix in Ithkuil for that. I think it is called "The degree of iteration"

ithkuil.net/07_suffixes.html