/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Old website: retrotech.eu/netrunner/
Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ueepky.tar.gz
my.mixtape.moe/mjvzts.zip
my.mixtape.moe/qnrbqa.zip
youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
netrunner.cc/
github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner
nt-build-bot.rvx86.net:7421/job/netrunner-winnt-i686/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip
encyclopediadramatica.rs/
bob.com/
gitgud.io/despair/netrunner/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Found this bad boy at a discount price, on the shadowlands. Do you guys think it might be worth? Or should I just build my own deck

Hey guys I lack the skills to contribute but I want to say thank you for what you're doing. I hope it's a success.

cool logo

Looks fucking rad, if is low price enough I'd buy it

2017-08-19 Progress Report
LNX: my.mixtape.moe/ueepky.tar.gz
OSX: my.mixtape.moe/mjvzts.zip
WIN: my.mixtape.moe/qnrbqa.zip

If you haven't been following along on our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q or Twitter @Team_NetRunner here's the latest:

- moved document into component, laying the ground work for iframes
- added tabbed browsing
- fixed scrolling
- add SSL support (only in windows package, builds for the rest coming out soon) using libmbed
- HTML parser fix for single tags
- Support 302/303 redirects

New team member: we welcome Despair who did the latest windows ports, setup Jenksin for windows and implemented SSL support.
Also gyroninja's Jenkins is back in working order.

Seems like yesterday when this project started. Is like looking how a baby grows up.
Looking good.

Dear OP
- New website is netrunner.cc/
- remove github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner
- no plans for doing anything with savannah, the tools on gitgud are enough

Godspeed anons. Don't think id be of any use(only know the basics about web-stuff pretty much), but stalking on irc if there is anything i could be of use isnt against the rules right?.

neetrunner > NetRunner

Holy shit its actually going forward?
i tought you guys would stop at the logo

Don't steal our nickname

>muh racist web browser
>muh links2 clone

> cmd:netrunner.exe Sup Forums.org/g

Sup Forumsntr - NetRunner build Aug 19 2017
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error' what(): basic_string::_M_construct null not valid

Also crashing with the same error even when i'm trying to open local .html file

Need a snapcraft!

>inb4 muh flatpak

snaps are GPL'd

What about appimages? Linus approves

i'll make the logo for the logo

try the latest build from nt-build-bot.rvx86.net:7421/job/netrunner-winnt-i686/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip

Who's working on the logo? I'll do the logo.

appimages are cool but they arent in competition with snaps/flatpaks because its not sandboxed

C U T E

it actually works properly on HTTPS, interestingly:

Snaps are dumb. Flatpaks are superior.

I can't load up encyclopediadramatica.rs because it gives me Invalid Resource Type no matter what. Does it not have the ability to see non-standard domain extensions and connect to them?

it needs to have tree style tabs

argv parser is still a bit rough on the edges, try entering a proper URI for now

I can't program but I like what you're doing, can I donate some BTC or something?

As one of the new guys, I've never actually seen the links2 codebase. so...........don't know what to tell ya

I thought AppImages were sandboxed

>encyclopediadramatica.rs
$ ./netrunner encyclopediadramatica.rs/

they are not. (the windows nightly build, if put on an ISO image, could be considered one, as all of its dependencies are included, and relies on nothing else except libc (msvcrt) and libgl (opengl32)

Where's the DOS port?

Old build is actually also work if i add http, but window itself feels laggy as fuck, is this windows shit or is it framebuffer itself ? Even text in input box appears with huge delay.

Why the fuck would I use this over qutebrowser?

Why use qutebrowser over Uzbl?

Could be either, I've yet to profile anything since it's all highly experimental anyway.

my guess is on your GPU or framebuffer, as I get good redraw on even an Intel HD laptop card

netrunner is botnet

Can you make a Mac port? I know I'm a poorfag, but the jump to Mac will be beneficial.

Can this do UTF-8 properly?

>62019063
>my.mixtape.moe/mjvzts.zip
>already on System 10

Question, how do you plan on implementing the window manager? Will you use GTK+ or Qt, or neither?

You need to prefix it with http://

OpenGL

Noted :^)

Something does not werk

your OpenGL is likely lower than 3.3

check your video drivers, requires opengl 3.3

Yea, we still have some text rendering bugs. I'll be focusing on those and forms next. This site is simple enough, it'll be a good test bed, thanks.

>cool design
>fidget spinner button
>no anime little girl on the side
BASED

I'll look into it, but don't hold yer breath

Having this working on FreeDOS would be nice

made some progress but looks like the harfbuzz wrapping and our formula is a little different. At least it's not completely on top of other text now.

./netrunner: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

need to install the prerequisites:

Package shortucts

Debian (and derivates)

sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev libharfbuzz-dev libglew-dev libglfw3-dev

Arch (and derivates)

sudo pacman -Suy glew glfw freetype2 harfbuzz

Void

sudo xbps-install -S glew glfw harfbuzz-devel

Gentoo

sudo emerge freetype harfbuzz glew glfw

Dat user agent

i've installed the dependencies, but i'm not sure what to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to -- how do i check? sorry for scrub-tier tech support requests

Sexy

If they're installed, you should have to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH . Most distro install to a base of /usr or /usr/local (then you'd have lib, include, etc).

try ldconfig -R or was it -r...

>not all dependencies listed
>install the first missing one and have this happen
/usr/include/mbedtls/net.h:29:2: error: #warning "Deprecated header file: Superseded by mbedtls/net_sockets.h" [-Werror=cpp]
Lmao Sup Forums everyone!

What is that web browser for templeOS called again?

My eyes bleed!

>not all dependencies listed
good point, README updated. We just added that new requirement yesterday.

what version of mbedtls is that?

Those are the spywares leaving your body.

risky name, I appreciate the boldness

2.5.1, Buster repo

Note that it builds and seems to work when I remove -Werror from the makefile. I'm assuming there is some Linux-specific define somewhere in the library.

Looks like you can just comment out #include in src/networking/HTTPSRequest.h without problem. Weird gcc 5.4 on linux and clang-800.0.42.1 on OSX didn't say anything.

These are the warnings that show up
In file included from src/networking/HTTPSRequest.h:10:0,
from src/WebResource.cpp:9:
/usr/include/mbedtls/net.h:29:2: warning: #warning "Deprecated header file: Superseded by mbedtls/net_sockets.h" [-Wcpp]
#warning "Deprecated header file: Superseded by mbedtls/net_sockets.h"
^~
In file included from src/networking/HTTPSRequest.h:10:0,
from src/networking/HTTPSRequest.cpp:1:
/usr/include/mbedtls/net.h:29:2: warning: #warning "Deprecated header file: Superseded by mbedtls/net_sockets.h" [-Wcpp]
#warning "Deprecated header file: Superseded by mbedtls/net_sockets.h"
^~~~~~~

Why C++ and not C?

>In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome
Proposal: Transitioning tools to import my shit from FF.

Presumably because Firefox and Chrome are written in C++.

It's GPL too and I don't get that.

Won't even start on Windows 7. A cmd windows open and shuts instantly.

It's what we wanted to build it with. I think this is going to be a large project and C++ will provide better organization. I was looking at porting the HTML parser to c, it's just not worth the effort for what? questionable performance gains? I'd rather have the code be easier to read and review.

Noted, we already have an bookmarks importer on the radar. Anything else?

you have to currently have to pass a URL to it. So either run it from cmd or create a shortcut and pass a FULLY QUALIFIED URL to it (bob.com/ include trailing slash)

How do I make the shortcut properly? I'm not very familiar with Windows.

Thanks m8
Is posting possible yet? Is a pass required?

The window closes really fast but it looks like the error says "Could not open window"

No, we just barely got input boxes working. Forms are the next major feature but I'm spending a lot of time on clean up now. There are a lot of little bugs and unexpected behaviors that I'm trying to clean up before adding much more.

Could be your video drivers don't support OpenGL 3.3

It's a T420 so that's fairly likely. I'll try it on my X230 once I get the SSD for it.

didn't god specify no networking?

yeah, well, god is a bitch

hello sir i am calling from microsoft your computer has a wirus please do the needful and install our netrunner browser to remove it thank u sir

Because qutebrowser is actually usable - unlike uzbl, which either uses an old insecure WebKit1, or (on the next branch) doesn't share data like cookies between tabs, so have fun logging in once for each tab.

Why would ANYONE use this?

Honest question. It is a browser made by completely inexperienced people. Horribly features and a massive backdoor right into your system

I have no expectations of this being a good browser however here are some reasons you might want to use it
- scripting capabilities (integrate with other command line tools)
- API
- privacy
- low memory footprint per tab
- performance
- interface choice: text, sixel (vt340), framebuffer, OGL

I'm hoping it'll be a great browser to do a quick look up on something.

As opposed to directly botnetting your shit up

You bet your mothers asshole I'm gunna be using this once it's done

error:
>./netrunner: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

>once it's done
user...

>gitgud.io/despair/netrunner/blob/master/README.md

Same issue as See resolution

We'll get some donations options on the website soon. Thanks for considering supporting us.

2017-08-21 Progress Report

- Netrunner now doesn't require a URL to start.
- muted some colors
- added hover effects.
- Video shows a demo of operation that previously had unwanted behaviors
- started implement forward/back buttons
- Despair started work on new 2LSF allocator
- Text rendering fixes
- Auto closing of unclosed LI tags in parser

Why rebuild a new engine again?

Nice logo
keep up the good work