Is there any current day digital audio player that even comes close to this? (size, sound quality, UI)

Is there any current day digital audio player that even comes close to this? (size, sound quality, UI)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/X5-Resolution-Player-Generation-Titanium/dp/B00ZWAC25E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The new one with the color display?

yes

amazon.com/X5-Resolution-Player-Generation-Titanium/dp/B00ZWAC25E

One generation after this was nice but hasnt been in production for years. Current sandisk sansa players are larger, aren't rockbox compatible and have shit CPUs.

>no rockbox compatibility

>needing rockbox on that

>running proprietary firmware

Your phone.
>size
You carry your phone everyday everywhere, so why not.

K9

>get old android phone
>get a new battery
>install rockbox on it

>Chinese UI design

It's a ChinkPod

Your phone. 90's are gone, stop using mp3 players.

Is big and relatively heavy, I prefer something small and light to take with me when exercising, I also like still being able to listen to music when my phone battery is dead.

why did they discontinue that?

Why SanDisk stopped manufacturing that model I'll never understand. I had one. Best thing in the world. All of a sudden its battery went and now I can't replace it. Gotta use one of the newer models which has a shit os and no rockbox compatibility.

The jews.

Beats me. No idea either why they are now producing a subpar replacement products when 10 years ago their product line had already reached perfection.

>rockbox
This ffs there are tons of old and new chink 3+ inch droids out there.

>heavy
You'll be carrying your phone anyway in your pocket or waist, just use it.

>battery
Stop buying iShit and you'll have no trouble with battery.

>You'll be carrying your phone anyway in your pocket or waist
I carry it in my jacket like an adult. And I leave my jacket in the office on hot days.

>tons of old and new chink 3+ inch droids
Why would I want to carry a bigger shitty android phone?

>You'll be carrying your phone anyway
Not when exercising.

>I carry it in my jacket like an adult. And I leave my jacket in the office on hot days.

Any chink 5$ player

Stop living in the 00.

>Stop living in the 00.

Would love to if companies would actually make better products instead of shittier ones.

Use your phone

>why not
Battery life is the only thing I can think of. Other than that you're correct.

I can tell that most of the people replying to this thread haven't ever used the Sansa Clip.

Every Sansa Clip I bought broke within a year.

I get chink knockoffs now

Clip+ you silly goose XD

Any good ones with reasonable DACs?

Its pretty much outdated.

neckbeard boogie or scrawny faggot detected

I have a feeling that they are all made using the same parts but with different labels on them

I use it to work out only, so I don't care about the audio integrity

The SoC used in those models is discontinued.

I still have a working Sansa fuze v1, those any good?

it has rockbox on it aswell.

Confirmed for no one ever calling you.

I want something with the same form factor as the Clip+ but can run vgmstream on it. I want to play my obscure video game formats on it, for fuck's sake!

Sucks having to Quick Convert these psf files to ogg in Foobar before transferring them to my Clip+

5+ inch phones aren't very convenient at the gym

I had one and it broke within months, my original is still going strong but I just use my phone now.

get an old ipod and mod it for use with an SSD or micro SD cards. while you're in there, replace the battery. pretty easy to do and doesn't cost much.

How much was this again? I think I bought it for almost $45. Did I get ripped off?

my experience of that thing was fucking sour. i dropped it off the table ONCE, from a 80 cm height on the floor and the fucking power button broke. i'm still fucking bitter about that piece of shit. yeah, it was nice for the month it worked.

No particular problem actually. You can put them in a pouch on your upper arm or waist or just next to where you train or wherever you prefer.

Some of these allow wired IEM, and it's Bluetooth for others.