WHY the FUCK would someone use C#?

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=java&lang2=csharpcore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only for work, because it's cheap.

Too brainlet for C++

They work for a small to mid sized company

Because you can get paid for C#

It's fast enough for backend (development time/performance) and the dev environment (Visual Studio) is comfy.

To become a president of the USA.

Because (((microsoft))) and C# is easy for noobs with no skill

>Visual studio
>comfy
ur dumb

To make shiggy diggy indie "games" in YOO-nity.

Usually most people i see bashing C# seem to have very little programming experience. This thread seems to be no exception

Stop posting racism frogs.

Usually most people i see praising C# seem to have very little programming experience. You are no exception

Bcs they do like glasses

Give me some of your criticisms on C# then

Performance

This

C#’s performance isnt worst than its competitors (higher level languages like Java) generally its better. But if you really were looking for performance you would be writing everything in C and assembly. At the end of the day for most cases noticeable performance differences will be more likely influenced by the programmer than the language itself.

There are a lot if flaws with C# and .NET but since you cant even say one of the more noticeable and talked about ones I really suggest you read and program more before trying to start a flamewar about something you barely understand

Nice mental gymnastics

And this proves? Is the only thing you can do is spout shit that youve heard on Sup Forums? Are you a money?

This proves C# is fuckton slower than C, Rust or C++. It IS noticeable

>C# is slower than C and C++

Woah C# is slower than system programming languages? Wow an amazing revaluation. Hey have you tried writing a Webservice in C and then in C#? I can guarantee you it is a lot easier to do it in C#.

Complaining that C# is slow is like complaining that an pickup truck is slow. They are meant to be fucking racecars.

Arent*

No, it proves that -managed code- is slower. Which is not news to anyone.

C# is also significantly slower than Java or Scala.
Scala is at least as high level as C#.

to give pajeets a chance to make a decent product

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=java&lang2=csharpcore

WinForms

The only place Java really has C# beat is regex, but Perl has them both beat at that.

I dont know why you would act like scala and java are two different things when it comes to runtime...do you not realize what kind of relationship they have? Also scala is a complete mess where the devs constantly throw on more unnecessary shit every new release

>benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=java&lang2=csharpcore
regex
k-nucleotide
fannkuch-redux
n-body
... in some cases over 50%

while C# is only marginally faster in the other cases

In one case its 50%, you illiterate retard. Nearly ever other case is barely past or falls within the margin of error.

>Net core
>Median is nearly the same
So you telling me a work in progress release that is 1 years on the market has unstable performance, can still play in a lot of cases in the same ballpark as java

Windows syscalls don't call themselves.