Murricans, tell us about your country. What stereotypes does each state have? Where are you from...

Murricans, tell us about your country. What stereotypes does each state have? Where are you from, what do you think of your neighbour states?

Wisconsin here. We have a not-undeserved reputation for being a bunch of fat drunks.

Minnesota: Nice people. Shame about the football team.
Iowa: Too much corn
Illinois: Bad drivers, but the tourismbux we get from them are nice.
Michigan: Nice people, pretty state. Shame about Detroit

What State has the hottest chicks?

Florida
(well originally from NY like most Floridians)

The worst insane criminal people forced out of the northeastern states wind up here. Lots of Puerto Ricans and Cubans.
Still way better than all the states immediately north of us which are the real south. It's like going back in time when you go into the real south, poor rednecks and blacks (that's where all the blacks actually are not Harlem or what ever few blocks of bad area most of the country avoids in their city) but actually most people are really friendly and generous in those shitty states and they are better at getting along with each other racially and are more integrated than some shitheads in New England who only know other races from the cream of the crop they meet a few of in college.
So meh.

Florida. Basically retiree and Cuban central with some Haitians.
2bh. Florida has more to do with New York and its surrounding states than its neighboring states. Even its northern part is totally another thing from southern part

I think most states have a pretty similar distribution of hot girls and uggos.

Mississippi

Michigan here.

Wisconsin is remembered for
>We have a not-undeserved reputation for being a bunch of fat drunks.
That, and being fans of the Green Bay Packers, a team in the NFL. Cheeseheads, you know?

>Shame about Detroit
That reputation's turning around a bit locally, it feels like there's a swarm of hipsters rolling in. I mean, yeah, shit's still fucked and the Detroit public schools are doubly fucked, but Flint and its whole "lead-poisoning water" situation has won it the "shittiest city in Michigan" title recently.

Oh also about other states:

>Ohio
>Boring and white. There's a river near Cleveland that used to catch on fire. We had a war with them once.

>Indiana
>Boring and white.

>Illinois
>There's more to Chicago than Illinois????

California here , spics and pinko faggots everywhere

What happens in Maine?

Michigan here. Everyone just assumes you're a stupid Michigan or Michigan State fan. Detroit and Flint are pretty much the only cities that are ever talked about. Stereotype for more locally is that we have a winery on every corner, which they are working really hard to achieve.

As for neighboring states:
Indiana: FUCKING CORN FOREVER
Illinois: Fips who can't drive
Ohio: Cedar Point and assholes. Football rivalry rules over everything.
Wisconsin: No one ever talks about that state.

I was in Detroit last weekend and I could not believe how shitty it was. I don't mean that as an insult, I just thought to myself before going that there must be something there. Nope.
Hitsville was worth the stopover I guess. Corktown was depressing. I ate a Coney Island and got heartburn.

>Florida
>originally from NY

Remove yourself, and take your filth with you and never come back

Australia, let me tell you about New Yorkers

For whatever reason, they come HERE, instead of every state in between New York and Florida, and they settle in some shitty area because hurr oh wooowww the rent is cheaper than NY over here, and after a month of living in a shitty area, they will bitch and whine about the South, how Florida is not New York and how much better it is in New York, and bring the shittiest personalities and attitude when everyone here is trying to go about their day. Literally every other state doesn't have people make it a point that they're from another state, but New Yorkers will make it some autistic identity crisis thing and tell you everyday.

Texas is the best state

Trees and fishing, IIRC.

I think they've got that cozy New England thing going on up there.

>tfw no alabama gf

> Murricans, tell us about your country

We have this in every single thread though...

Lobsters

A lot of SWPLs live there, I suspect the working class is probably outnumbered by hipsterish white couples who are longing for that New England feel. It also explains why their politics are so garbage.

You just described Californians?

>Illoisians can't drive

Where did this meme come from? Are you sure you guys aren't just talking about Chicagoans?

>home state
Pennsylvania
It's the perfect blend of rural and urban and shows most of what the East Cost has to offer.
>Philadelphia
Biggest shithole in the state, nothing but niggers, spics, and mudslimes. Deserves to be nuked.
>Pittsburgh
Much comfier, cleaner, whiter, better football team
>Eerie
Very quaint, decent beach
>Lehigh Valley
Very comfy, close to Western Jersey which is equally very comfy

Anything outside of big cities areas is like being in the deep South, confederate flags everywhere for some reason.

>neighbor states
>Ohio
similar to Pennsylvania, just a bit more boring and whiter.
>West Virgina
Fucking hicks, mouth breathing retards
>Maryland
It's ok if you're into fishing; avoid Baltimore like the plague, flag looks cool
>Delaware
comfy, always close to the beach, magical land of u-turns
>New Jersey
Mixed bag. West and North are nice. East close to New York is a shithole, it's what spills over from NYC, dirty and full of minorities.

Californians are Texas's New Yorkers

Continuing
>New Jersey
South and Central are very country for whatever reason, good for hiking. Southeast is great for going to the beach.
>New York
NYC is a cancer, upstate NY is very nice though.

>upstate
does that just mean north?

Oh yeah, it's still fucky there like crazy. But it's the violent-fucky reputation for Detroit which persists, like it's nothing but urban gangs of feral youths armed with tek-9s and attacking anyone who moves, when it's not even that lively and for the most part it's just depressingly empty.

There's a nucleus of activity around Wayne State, up Woodward from downtown, but it's still sputtering and hasn't blown into full-on gentrification yet.

>alaska: Wilderness fun to hang out in comfy snow dangerous
>washington: hipsters and rain and asians and spoopy shit
>oregon: like a less extreme washington
>California: mexicans and SJWS
>Nevada: Gambling prostitutes and cheap fake shit
>Utah: mormons (not just a stereotype)
>Idaho: potatoes
>Montana: farms
>wyoming: it's a fucking empty square
>colorado: south park and snow resorts and everyone is skinny
>new mexico: retarded as fuck mexicans who think they're rich white republicans
>arizona: same but more deserty and with more white people
>texas: le gun shoot and mexicans and retarded and independence memes
>oklahoma: mini texas
>north dakota
>south dakota
>nebraska
>iowa
>missouri: huckleberry finn
>arkansas: bill clinton
>louisiania: black and cajuns and "mardi gra part time xD"
>kansas: alice in wonderland
>wisconsin: cheese and funny accents
>minnesota: cheese and funny accents
>michigan: rip detroit and dead industry
>illinois, indiana, ohio: dead industry
>kentucky: fried chicken and horse races
>tennessee: shitty country music
>missippi: the most retarded and fattest part of the US (not a meme)
>alabama: slightly less retarded mississippi
>georgia: same as alabama but they got Atlanta
>south carolina: beach vacations
>north carolina: beach vacations and second least retarded southern state
>florida: beaners and cubans and old people and oranges
>virginia: colonial history and washington dc suburbs
>west virginia: inbred gun shoot
>maryland: black shoot
>washington dc: reverse white flight
>delaware: who
>pennylvania: ben franklin, greasy food, amish and bells
>new jersey: greasy food and guidos/trash
>new york: new york city
>Connecticut: literally no one knows a single fact about this state I've never even heard of a person from there it's really weird
>rhode island: eeny weeny
>massachusetts: science schools
>vermont: happy white people
>new hampshire: vermont 2
>maine: the south of the north
>hawaii: vacation

In the context of New York, it's often used to mean literally everything north of NYC.

tell me about Kansas. Wichita has a cool name, what's it like?

I just got back from a vacation in the Adirondacks. First time there. I had no idea NY was so pretty.

Lots of restaurants and Anna Kendrick

>when it's not even that lively and for the most part it's just depressingly empty.
That's impression I got. Never felt in danger because it didn't feel like downtown was even permanently inhabited. The waterfront near the renaissance center seems like its going to transform soon. I saw a huge subdivision constriction underway, old warehouses being turned into bars and restaurants, the early signs of gentrification. I'll come back in 10 years and maybe things will be different.

The streets lined with decaying mid-century mansions is an attraction all by itself though. Was worth going just to see that in real life.

200 thousand square miles of wheat and corn. Literally no reason to be there unless you are passing through on your way to a better state

I currently live in New York outside the city but my family is from New England (specifically Massachusetts) and I'm there often and will probably live there after college is done.

New York is complete and utter ass because NYC+Long Island is a cesspool (NYC itself is fine but every single person that inhabits it is shit, Long Island is throughly shit, almost worse than New Jersey) and the rest of it gets shot in the foot by NYC's retarded politics so it is poor. Upstate is mostly post-industrial or poor rural, and then Ithaca which is a college town and Albany which is corrupt.

>Neighboring states
>Pennsylvania
Great state, great people, half of Philly is shit half of Philly is great

>Massachusetts
Great state, I love it there and can live with its laws. Boston is a great city, fun to be in. I have passively followed their baseball and football teams most my life due to my family being from there.

>New Jersey
embarrassment of a state, easily the worst state in the nation. The north is an annoying shithole with an inferiority complex to NYC, the south is full of criminals and has an inferiority complex to Philly. It is so shitty they can't even have an inferiority complex to another state, they have to have it for fucking cities.

>Connecticut
just suburbs, I could live there 2bh

>Vermont
people here need to get out more

>Florida
its where retards go to rot

yo I'm from ct. I's very pretty and has lots of farms cows and rock walls. The definition of new haunted new england.
now you know

Upstate means anything north of the city limits of NYC, +/- Westchester county. It is fundamentally a radically different place from NYC, and could be not totally fucked if NYC didn't shoot it in the foot with laws.

>Westchester
What is it like? It seems like something very different from northern NJ or Long Island.

>Illinois

Illinois is like a microcosm of the country, arguably tied with Ohio for the honor of "Most Generic State". It's where the 3 sub-regions of the Midwest (Upper, Lower, Great Lakes) all come together. IIRC, we're #5 in GDP and Population, but everyone always cuts their list off after the Big 4 (NY, California, Texas and Florida).

We're primary known for Chicago (3rd largest U.S. city, basically a tryhard New York wannabe and the capital of the Midwest) and horrible corruption (both in Chicago and at the state level). After the industry all died, Mayor Daley used his mob magic to prevent us from becoming another Cleveland or (God-forbid) Detroit, but it still might happen yet.

The rest of the state consists of burnt-out, rust belt satellite cities of Chicago, and farms. Along the coast of Lake Michigan, north of the city, there are a bunch of insanely rich, snobby little suburbs that you might know from the films of John Hughes (The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Home Alone).

Also of note, we have a fuckton of coal, and all of the major railroads converge here (which is how Chicago happened).

As for the neighbors...

Wisconsin
>farms & cheese (our handegg teams are also rivals, but theirs is a lot better 2bh)

Iowa
>farms & corn

Missouri
>farms & the confederacy

Kentucky
>si-gogglin'

Indiana
>farms and the klan

does 'downtown' mean cbd (central business district)?

Its basically Connecticut, the other way around also works. I grew up there and honestly I would be perfectly content if Westchester was a part of Connecticut, the rest of Upstate was its own thing, and NYC+Long Island sucked each other off in their own state

Pretty much, it's where most of the government stuff are, oldest houses, and lots of commercial and corporate businesses.

Alabama: Yeeeeee HAWWWW, Incest, Rednecks, Everyone is drunk, no one can read or write.

Sounds like the best suburb/commutable area of NYC along with CT.

North Carolina here. A lot of people probably think we're either southern or mountain people, but really central and eastern North Carolina feels northern-ish
>Virginia is a bunch of hicks
>South Carolina is even more so a bunch of hicks (Fuck South Carolina)
>Tennessee is alright

I live in Maryland, I would never live anywhere else. Holy shit, when I visited some southern states and Midwest states, I was surprised, I thought I visited a third world shithole. Maryland (not including Baltimore and Baltimore county) has a really small population, but we have so many millionaires, I live in a average middle class neighborhood and we look like millionaires when compared to other states "middle class" the blacks we do have act identical to white people (outside Baltimore) and it's fucking easy to find a job. Look at the nation's wealthiest counties, Maryland is almost entirely colored (all except Baltimore and Baltimore county). Our weather is great, women are great, food is great, and we are a perfect mix of liberal and conservative. If you are going to be a middle class person, Maryland is where it is the best.

Pretty much.

Fun fact: Most cities in the US have a nice/upscale business district. Immidiately surrounding these areas are ghetto neighborhoods ("Inner city"), which are in turn ringed with radiating suburbs.

I don't know if this general layout holds up for cities worldwide. But it's definitely common here.

Fairfield county in Connecticut is probably the best honestly unless you want a short commute time to NYC if you are working there in which case you should just live in New Ro or Yonkers (both cities in South Westchester that aren't crazy rich, New Ro has a portion called Jew Ro that is rich and jewish though)

>Maryland is almost entirely colored (all except Baltimore and Baltimore county).

Funny, I thought Baltimore was the most colored part of Maryland.

>>new mexico: retarded as fuck mexicans who think they're rich white republicans
DELET

>virginia is a bunch of hicks
That's strange, we view you as the more backwards ones

Hmm I thought Maryland is the same shit as NOVA?

does that mean the middle class from the suburbs need to drive through ghettos to get to work?

totally different where i'm from (Adelaide). we have the CBD which is surrounded by park lands (pic related). next to these, to the north, east, and south are upper/middle class suburbs with good schools. then the further north you go the worse it gets.

I am going to note that my opinion is heavily biased and is heavily tilted towards New England in general, I like iy better and feel more at home there than parts of NY that aren't Westchester (because Westchester is really more like CT and by extension New England than its surroundings)

Texan here, all I know is oklahoma waters down their beer.

maryland is a shittier version of nova

>Oklahomans water down their beer
We don't even do that up here in the North, Oklahoma must be a shithole

>does that mean the middle class from the suburbs need to drive through ghettos to get to work?

No, luckily our fabulous highway system was built in a way that they bisect neighborhoods (at the minuscule cost of destroying the communities below).

>does that mean the middle class from the suburbs need to drive through ghettos to get to work?

What do you think highways are for? They're both car-filled moats that cut off the poor neighborhoods from anywhere else, and they're meant to direct people from the suburbs into town as quickly as possible.

Human perfection t.bh
It's the best state
>whitest (94+% non-Hispanic white)
>safest
>least amont of police per capita
>above average gun ownership
>top tier New England food, scenery, architecture, culture, etc
>long association with education including 3 of the little ivies, maritime academy, UofNew England, etc.
>long association with the arts including Stowe, Whitman, Longfellow, Hawthorne, etc
>long association with sciences including the largest private mammalian genetics research facility and the largest American producer of semicunductors
>Constitutional carry state
>based neighbors
>badass history going back to St. Croix and the Popham Colony (predating Plymouth Rock)
>best politics, Maine elects more 3rd party and independent canidates than any other state
>least urbanised state

vermont is the whitest state actually senpai

Oh

Utah here.

Not EVERYONE is Mormon (although, my family is mormon and I was raised lds), it's more 50/50, and there are LDS churches every few blocks. Families are huge, and people marry really young. It's odd to see people that are 25+ that aren't married and have at least one kid.

The other half of the population is split into two parts "normal people" and "I have to be as radically non-mormon as possible because I don't want to be THAT" people. So, basically, tattoos, smoking, drugs, piercings, worshiping satan, all that shit.

99% of the state is full of shitty drivers and I'm not surprised we don't have more car-related deaths.

The state is beautiful though, and if you can ignore the constant passive-aggressive holier than thou attitude a lot of people have, it's a nice state. However, if someone from the church offers to help you with something, they aren't doing it because they're nice. They just want to bring you to church next sunday.

No one is more "I have to be as non Mormon as possible" than young Jack-Mormons

t. Elder

Pennsylvania here. Our state is summarized accurately by the famous quote "Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Alabama in between." as the state is pretty much known for its 2 famous cities on opposite sides of the state with very rural farming communities in the middle.

New Jersey: Everyone hates New Jersey. Imagine the worst district of your largest city. That's what most of New Jersey is like. There are exceptions, but drive 30 minutes in any given direction and you're right back in NJ classic.

New York: The only thing of note in New York is New York City and the rest is empty and useless like Pennsylvania. New York City has Public Image mastered though.

Virginia: the start of "The South" but still civilized and actually rather nice.

West Viriginia: not at all like Virginia. It is not civilized. Full of mountains, mountain people and hicks.

Ohio: One of many useless flyover states in America. We have lots of space. Ohio is one of those spaces.

California

NYC by itself has the hottest and most single women though, easily, holy shit every time I go my jaw is permanently on the floor

>Florida
>(well originally from NY like most Floridians)

Get the fuck out of my state you northern shitstain

Louisiana here.

Bunch of drunk swamp dwelling alligator fuckers who live in underwater cities and have amazing food.

>Texas
Giant shithole that gets way too hot. Half the state is a fucking wasteland.
>Mississippi
Even worse. I have never met a single person from Mississippi that I liked. Even trashier than here. Deserves its reputation as the worst state in the country.
>Arkansas
Little Mississippi. A bunch of woods, and fuck-all to do. North Louisiana is essentially Little Arkansas.

SC here. I guess being a farmer/redneck is the state's stereotype, i don't really know. Hate Georgia, like NC.

Californians, New Yorkers: Assholes
Texas: Howdy
Every other state: Literally who

>kansas
Most of it is a shithole. The politics are the worst. Lawrence (college town) and johnson county (richest county in the state) are nice though. The surrounding states are quite similar as far as being pretty rural and conservative aside from Colorado. Colorado is far nicer climate and geographically and politically desu. Lots of things to do and mountains and ski resorts and shit. Nowhere around has any good public transit though which is a shame. Sub to my blog for more.

Californian here, but I'm from way up North so it's a bit different here.

There is actually a surprisingly large movement in this part of the state to become our own state, the State of Jefferson. It would include Northern California and the bottom part of Oregon. We don't have any industry up here and would rely on selling our WATER to Southern California.

There is a majority libertarian/conservative white population up here. Still lots of beaners though, no escaping them in California.

With that being said I fucking hate San Francisco and wish the Gay Area would get fucked by a massive earthquake and take all the gays and stuck up hipsters with it.

How did Colorado and Wyoming get such autistically straight borders?

Really? An Australian talking shit about straight borders?

Jefferson when? I think it has potential to draw a lot of business from Silicon Valley once it applies policies like no state tax like WA and do some business friendly policies. CA has way too much regulations and shockingly rising price of everything. I am pretty sure that Jefferson will be more successful than CA considering the regulations and shit that is ramphant in CA

Just answer my question, yankee.

I'm totally for it, I'm tired of the retarded nanny state horseshit we have to deal with because of those Bay Area and SoCal fucks.

I know it's a little late but Wichita never gets mentioned here so I'll tell you. It's around 250k pop and a good mix of everything. You have shit neighborhoods and rich as hell ones and everything in-between. Blacks, beaners but mostly whites. The town is older so everything in the city is more compact I think. Not just endless suburbs like newer places. Architecture is just different styles throughout the 20th century. You can find all sorts of people here even though it's surrounded by corn fields forever. SJWs conservatives, weebs, religious nuts, stoners, and everything else. The town politically leans conservative and has very auster policies and is the home of the Koch brothers who are worth 80 billion, very into politics and fucking run this state. The town is kind of dull but there's cool things if you look for them.

Excellent containment thread

It's actually interesting, just by looking at the state lines you can see when the U.S made major land purchases. I think Wyoming and Colorado (most of the western states) suffer from a case of eh what the fuck let's just divvy up this land

Califonia (pacific beach, san diego)
>laid back
>good food
>rich
>leftists
>spics everywhere
>pls build wall
>beautiful scenery everywhere
>can surf and snowboard in the same day easily
>best looking females

Neighbors:
Oregon is chill. beautiful state, lots of forests. They are all potheads and leftists.
Nevada is irrelevant desert besides Vegas
Arizona has some based people and cool national parks.

San Diego and OC seem like some good places in CA 2bh.

San Diego is truly amazing. I havnt spend much time in OC so I dont really know, but i would assume so.

Prob wanna go there for work esp since I want to work in biotech/pharma industry

bay area for that. If you can stand the people

t. Gay fag

>people
Eh that is why I would go to SD over the bay. Along with price of things.

>Best state to live
Illinois
>Best state to visit
New York
>Most beautiful state
Colorado
>Most relaxing state
Wisconsin

>Worst state to live
Florida
>Worst state to visit
Michigan
>Ugliest state
Indiana
>Most stressful state
Pennsylvania

t. butthurt flyover state cornnigger

The people in SD are infinitely better than the bay. The bay is nothing but commie faggots and hipsters.

Nope same state I just want to nuke the bottom half

Eh I don't know. I'm a Chicago city chump so I don't represent the Midwest properly.

Also, I'm a Chicago boy, AMA.

>Ohio
Known for our love of college football, cornfields and terrible drivers, you'd think Ohio is a complete shithole. Well it is, but at least our capital is super nice. It's growing rapidly and has some great areas to just hang around, get a beer and some good food. And Inb4 some rural bumpkin from Newark or some shit comes to talk shit about Columbus, I lived in the middle of nowhere Ohio most my life. It's awful, get over it.

>Pennsylvania
Always though the view on the turnpike was nice, otherwise pretty boring also tbqh.
>West Virginia
Everyone I meet there smokes more than the Balkans
>Kentucky
I honestly know nothing about it. Not a fucking thing.
>Indiana
Even more fucking boring than Ohio.
>Michigan
I feel obligated to say you're the worst and should all die of cancer of the asshole, but in reality you guys aren't so bad.

Nice assessment.

Virginia is pretty damn comfy. Especially the rich rural areas right on the edge of NOVA.

Man, I have a ton of family in San Diego and used a visit every year or so. Nice city and great weather. If only it wasn't in California. Oh and your housing market is hilariously fucked in terms of prices.

>both are French states
As expected.

Uh no absolutely not, you're thinking Louisiana which is a shithole

Shut the fuck up. I go to the Nevada county fair every year and see that fucking Jefferson booth very single time while walking through crowds of rednecks and idiots every time. There's a misproportion of political/regional agendas, fine, but Jefferson would be the great collection of subhuman dipshits this side of the Rockies

lel I remember beating Nevada Union in football, good times

I liked reading through this thread. This was a nice thread.

Also lmao I live in northern burbs. But thankfully the council/SA government/ whoever, is redeveloping all the shitty areas. Relocating all the bogans, knocking down entire suburbs and building nice new ones on top.

t.Saul Shekelberg

Every state is shit except for South Carolina. Simple as.