ITT people who had very little or nothing to do with advancement of technology...

ITT people who had very little or nothing to do with advancement of technology, but public opinion credits them for that for some reasen

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
PPPS: JUST FUCKING KILL ME
the post

found the winbabby
why haven't you installed linux yet?

steve jobs was a master of user interaction design.

autistic codemonkeys could never truly appreciate this.

there is a reason real companies hire professional designers.

b-but stallman wrote GCC...

>Copies and pastes the same shitty arguments
t. Macfag.

low quality b8

>for some reasen

You can't even spell and you're criticizing a man who's been praised for decades by all the biggest and most influential people in the tech industry. Fuck off you dumb child.

he did shitty editor and compiler, then he started traveling around the world whining about everything

Jony Ive did all of the design work. Jobs was good at what he did, but he was a salesman, nothing more, nothing less.

Two brainlet edgy teenagers who think they know how Apple works. Does everyone here these days have a highly inflated sense of knowledge about things they've never touched? Results don't lie, you ignore the results and you live in delusions and have too much autism to see reality.

>t. iToddler

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
the consumer stuff isn't even that expensive to begin with, realistically a job at mcdonalds will let you aford the latest mctoys, the problem is that you can have better performance for less money
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
I've had to use them before, the fact that I couldn't even edit a url properly in an ipad without deleting the whole thing still haunts me to this day, I'm not even going to talk about file manegment

if you post any other points I'll hapily respond to them

>invented the Linux operating system

Too be fair, it's not like he wanted Linux to be so popular, it kinda just happened and he went along for the ride.

wasnt steve wozniak the guy responsible for all the shit too.

I agree jobs was the master salesman that everyone knows but there were other people who did all the developing

Torvalds should be more appreciated than Stallman. He made best OS (KERNEL) and best VCS. Stallman didn't create anything innovative.

>Stallman didn't create anything innovative.
He wrote a fucken compiler.

but does stallman do anything TODAY or does he just ride off the free-tard ticket?

Woz was the one to start the apple tradition of developing compact and kinda beautiful mobo designs, keeping the software meshed with the hardware (he wrote the programming language and the early OS most apple computers used), cheaping out on parts, and getting the most bang from your buck with said parts.

Jobs was the one to start the tradition of pricing those end-products high, and copying pre-existing products and applying Woz's "apple spice" to it, rather than reinventing the wheel. The only thing Jobs did wrong was encouraging JS as an alternative to flash, and allowing any layman to use a computer.

Linus just merges others' patches and pretends his kernel is GNU so that companies donate money to his Linux Foundation.

Honestly, I don't think he gives a shit (about contributing useful code) anymore. The true sadness is that no one goes to his talks unless they already know about the free software scene or are GNU fanbois from Sup Forums or Reddit. No company would call him in to talk cause muh ebil gommunism and those that would already have an abundance of people who are into free software.
Honestly, it's better off that Stallman be some obscure meme. Though he does have valid points, and I agree with him on almost everything (CP excluded), he does make the free software movement seem like a bunch of whiny autists.

i had an imaginary scenario of some kind of tech world avengers with the top money making CEOs and the smartest CEOs in the tech world. In my scenario Stallman was there, and while everyone discussed their ideas towards new and innovative tech Stallman kept interjecting about what he though was wrong about the idea, never giving ideas of his own. If Stallman were ever among actual innovative creatives I don't think he'd do well.

How's that kid now? Did he join ISIS yet?

Wait wtf is stallman's stance on CP

>Terry A. Davis
What was that?

POO

i did it once too, that's nothing impressive

b-but I used them for years! They're shit

that's like bragging about being one of the photographers who's picture ended up on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

As great terry said you are a nigger if you haven't written a compiler

He emigrated into a muslim country with his father.

>Zuckerberg
>Elon Musk
>Bezos

How am I doing /g?

name any tech company CEO, the thread

>mfw my entire family thinks Steve Jobs invented the internet, the computer and the smartphone
>they actually kept sharing it all over Facebook
>now the entire city thinks Steve Jobs invented the internet, the computer and the smartphone

he is responsible for linux having so many games, eat shit.

>>>Elon Musk
hit the nail on the head. Goes nothing but rave about stupid shit and people think he's a visionary.

I remember when the first iPhone came out. I already had a Nokia N97. It did everything the iPhone did and had an fm transmitter. Only thing it lacked was ram. Was still a great phone and gave complete control. I had a game boy advance emulator running on it reading ROMs and much more.
I couldn't understand the hype around the iPhone. Sure it worked great and looked nice but it wasn't ground breaking or anything special.
Jobs is a charlatan imo.
His tech was in marketing to normies.

>people who had very little or nothing to do with advancement of technology,
How about people who, by their greed and hunger for power, actually acted as a brake on the development of tech?
Like Bill Gates, for instance. He crippled and destroyed so many other companies and stole their products. Just look up 3Com, for instance.
Metcalfe said their big mistake was to trust Microsoft.

You have an incredibly influential family, or a very fertile imagination.

ITT people who don't understand that technology advances more quickly when there is large-scale consumer buy-in.

>His tech was in marketing to normies.
Not a market targeted by Microsoft, right?
Convincing peple that IT was easy with the right tools is sometimes easier than making them feel like heroes because they can beat DOS into submission.
As Microsoft are still demonstrating, writing an OS for human use isn't as simple as you'd think.

Y'all niggas just trolling. For a real example, pic related.

>ITT: Fanbois and idiots
Both of you, freetards and apple fanbois.
You lack even basic history lessons on the matter. It's pathetic and sad.

>results don't lie

so simply because apple is successful proves that jobs wasn't just a salesman/marketer? your argument is just as weak, m8.

>emigrated

well done, user

He took a fucken picture, user. Like anyone else could ever even think about even doing the same thing.

this thread fits the king of shills like glove

>I couldn't understand the hype around the iPhone.

Because you have literal autism. You currently live in a society and world shaped by smartphone usage, which Jobs had the right ideas for.

>wasn't just a salesman/marketer?

Fuck off with this dumb canned over-regurgitated response shit. This is what anyone says when they can't think of anything legitimate to say, "Salesman! Marketing! Advertising!". You can't peddle shit for more than 1 week, at a fucking market stall. If it was so simple why isn't everyone able to be a Jobs? Its so simple right? Just marketing isn't it? Yeah. So why Apple an order of magnitude more popular and beloved than its next closest competitor in all product categories? You, like the other guy I linked have autism. You are literally unable to comprehend normal, average people that you share no similarities with. What do you think Apple is, a fucking 40 year old grocery/knockoff perfume stall in a market or something? Where's the salesmanship in Apple? The product sells itself, but you cannot understand this. All Jobs had to do was develop the product. He could have just tossed it on stage then walked off and let journalists squabble over it and it would have been a success, because 98% of the time, Jobs' taste in everything was exemplary. Go watch an old keynote from when he was still alive and tell me what 'marketing' there was. The keynotes were dead as fuck in small theaters, all very simple and to-the-point.

You're a fucking idiot with nothing of substance to say and you're too stupid to work out and see why Apple is successful, or too much of an aspie to admit what everyone else knows.

Do you harbor his strain of HIV too?

not an argument

sure

>Shitty compiler
>Does not even know how to make or use one properly
Oh, mactoddlers...

contrarians call him a god for integrating a terminal onto a cheap 6502 kit board
he may have been good at what he did but it wasn't really anything impressive or exciting

>Because you have literal autism. You currently live in a society and world shaped by smartphone usage, which Jobs had the right ideas for.
So smartphones didn't exist before the iphone?
How come I owned one?

The only thing that Jobs did (and needed to do) was sell iMacs at cost to schools. A generation of users grew up Netscape navigating on those pieces of garbage.

He basically coopted the kike cultural Marxism in the schools strategy, and it worked, because it is a solid strategy. You like apple because you were programmed to like apple at a young age, and unless your parents had an alternative machine to counter program you there was nothing that could change the outcome.

I don't get why counter-mactards use this shitty argument that's either disingenuous or just plain fucking dense. Having the first shit product in your market segment doesn't mean you get to define it, it just means you had the first shitty product that nobody gave a fuck about outside of a niche that used them because that was all that was available.

Smartphones existed before iShit and Android took the stage, but the difference is that iShit and Android made people actually want them. That's what companies like Apple, Microsoft, Google and others actually do. They push the market forward by taking existing ideas that are shittily implemented and wrapping them up and integrating them in a shinier, more usable package that appeals to a broader demographic.

Wow, Macfags really are cultists.

19th century stebe jovs

This is my whole fucking point.
Jobs didn't invent the tech as he is universally credited for. Tablets were a thing long before hand. So were some great smartphones that had all the features of an iphone and more.
He just memed them into the hearts of normies.

Agreed

>>which Jobs had the right ideas for.
>hurdur are u sayen i didnt have a smartp0hne b4?

I'm saying you had a shitty excuse for one until the iPhone was released and revolutionized the segment and gave us the kind of app-everything world we have today. Learn to fucking read.

>Jobs didn't invent the tech

You admit right here that you don't even understand how any industry works. Its not a fucking race for 'first'. Being the first to technically implement a technology doesn't mean jack shit and we all know that. Correct execution is all that matters in this world. Nobody gives a shit about who did what first *technically*, all that matters is who did it right. You think anyone gives a shit about some Microsoft tablet made in 2003 running XP? No, it was a failure. While the etch was there, the execution of the idea was dogshit. Engineers and number crunchers make the tech technically function, but it takes an actual thinker and visionary to mold that technical capability into something that tech into something people love.

This is what all you anti-Apple retards are too dumb to understand, and you will never understand because you're just plain stupid.

>Does not even know how to make or use one properly
You're wrong, besides not an argument

Lmao I did own a apple phone and Mac for years, sorry to break it to you but your company fucks you over and stops releasing updates for your product 3 years after buying it so you have to buy a new one. Using special screws so you have a bitch of a time repairing or upgrading your product at all. I feel sorry for you, truly.

>emacs
>gcc
>fsf
gtfo

>Gets mommy to buy him $4000 worth of apple ecosystem
>Feels like one of the cool kids
>Cool kids still ignore
>Goes to Sup Forums where the losers hang out
>Sup Forums hates on apple, goes into autistic rage white knighting Jobs

none of that was technology improvement

technology degradation.
fsf forces its not really free license
emacs is shittiest editor
gcc is trash too

I'm curious too.

i really wish i had dark skin color, i would manipulate the fuck out of SJW's for the gibs.

I don't think it works that well.
t. Dumb East Coast Indian that has to compete with West Coast Indians for jobs

this is a bad b8 and you should be ashamed baka.

>dumb
thing is that i am not dumb, but being white somehow magically makes you not that special even though lots of whites are stupid as fuck. being smart and having dark skin would entitle me to a lot of gibs.

I mean, I've seen pretty dumb white brogrammers get better jobs than me. It's more about who you know and not what you know.
Sadly, I don't know many people, spill spaghetti all the time, and I can't talk about what I do cause I don't do anything impressive.
This semester's career fair is gonna suck dick.
Then again, I could be making excuses for myself, so who knows. Go make some frens n jus bee urself.

And he literally stagnated OS research for at least 10 years.

ayyy, so like i suspected it is all about the connections.