That feel when my countries people are far too stingy and practical to spend money building cool looking giant statues

That feel when my countries people are far too stingy and practical to spend money building cool looking giant statues

Getting approval for something like this would never EVER happen

It's in China by the way only was just unveiled today. Fucking take us over already

t. self hating white

It probably helps to have a national hero that isn't a drunken violent Irish criminal 2bh

fuck off zhang

Also not in Melbourne

Good. You're saved from godzillic ugly things.

The only giant statue western countries would erect would be that of a giant black dildo.

It looks like a league of legends character

Are you dumb. We spend recklessly here. It's just no one cares for those types of monuments

>We spend recklessly here
How so? On what?

Why is there such a great statue with no body admiring it? The entire place looks so desolate.

this.

The government and people in general. Look at all those giant statues of bananas, shoes and shit. Don't know why we have those, seems just for fun.
Also cost of living, goods and services.
Just seems putting up statues of wizards and random mythological figures is stupid since it has nothing to do with OUR culture and nation

If it were Abo dreamtime figures I'd understand

that is true

aussies seem to have a shitton of disposable income

so successful and rich

Ok

fucking kek, thought of this too

where is it, and who is this?

China has a habit of building giant structures with absolutely nobody inhabiting them.

I've played enough Dinasty Warriors game to recognize Guan Yu

is it him?

Looks like Guan Yu, at first I thought it might be Xuan Wu but looking at the guandao yeah it's probably Guan Yu

wow the first thing that comes to your mind is that of Black Cock.
Damn you are really obssessed

>If it were Abo dreamtime figures I'd understand
This post is so fucking Melbourne it hurts

It actually is Guan Yu

why do asians worship this guy?

I think it's too big.
Statue of Liberty is good size.

Too big makes it look stupid. Fucks up the landscape.

There's literally nothing wrong with having Abo dreamtime animal statues

They're probably intending it to be a tourist trap. Remember in this country bigger is better.

There are over 10 million people moving from the countryside to the urban part of China every year. This is the biggest mass urbanization effort in human history and China's not beholden to short term politician demands. They're planning for the next 20-30 years in advance. These buildings and shit get filled up.

Included a picture of ghost buildings which were uninhabited for many years and are now filled up.

Why do commie statues look so square?

>the shanghai financial center was uninhabited for many years

Putting aside how stupid big statues usually are, think about how ridiculous our country is: Even if they made a big statue of something to placate insecure nerds, they'd just make it some corny, cringeworthy shit like an 80 foot Don Bradman or a Pharlap or something dumb like that anyway.

poor people and single mothers

abos aren't human

i was in australia one time and i couldn't believe that there are actually creatures even worse than gypsies that are considered human beings

>Post YFW it's destroyed by a giant statue of Lu Bu.

Yes and only those two things. The government in no way wastes large sums of money on itself at the taxpayer's expense. Go back to sleep, everything is okay.

from what anime is this?

>you finally get the statue
>it´s used for drunk suicides, pissing dogs and spray tags

Boku no Three Kingdoms

what the fuck is it made from? it looks plastic

they usually make these on the cheap, they tore down a huge mao statue last year because it looked like it was made from plastic

The land is worth too much and the dog shit that does get funded in the cities, is usually absolute trash. There were two giant statues that were going to be set outside of town hall in Sydney and they both looked like giant dildos, don't forget we have the giant milk crate that cost over $1m as well

Holy shit that panhead will haunt me for the rest of my days.