What and when will be the next life changing technology?

What and when will be the next life changing technology?

I mean on the same level as the steam machine or light bulb or internet

Everyday AI

real dolls

I'll abuse the word "technology" here and say that CRISPR is pretty revolutionary.
Oh and AI.

>CRISPR
nice meme

Post silicon microprocessor computing paradigm I hope. Desktop performance in your pocket

I dont see how that would be life changing...

Antigravity

DNA storage, AI, or a breakthrough in batteries.

It is, but its full potential is hyped up. More needs to be understood about the microbiome.

when literally anyone can fab decent chips for cheap, reliably.

once that happens all this jewry will stop real fucking quick, but then we could just have a 20+ year period of endless patent suites too to try and jew people from free (as in freedom) hardware.

Autogentoo installation.

More efficient batteries. It would benefit everything

Chips are not really expensive to fabricate, what pay when you buy some expensive CPU is the R&D.

lol

They can totally get expensive to fabricate, since you have extremely expert people that need to be paid, and an extremely high-tech fabbing facility that needs to be run.
The raw materials are cheap, but the process may not be. Especially if you have low yields, it gets pretty nasty.

Fusion, proper nanotech, proper AI automation, hydrogen car

>steam machine

You can play Witcher 3 on the bus.

>steam machine
wasn't it a flop?

Consumer strong AI

Pretty much every academic homo is going crazy over "embodiment" - essentially the idea of computers being given bodies and appearing in everyday life.

The concept comes from three ages of computers. 1. Simulation (early computers) 2. Communication (networking/internet) 3. Embodiment (smart phones/smart houses/robots)

No not that steam machine, this one.

The price of setting up CPU fab labs increases exponentially you fucking retard.

Literally billions of dollars go into setting these places up. It is too far away to start thinking about a time where single-production processor diy manufacturing can compete against state of the art bulk manufacturing. I can't imagine a time where that would be the case.

A breakthrough in battery technology, perhaps?

>A breakthrough in energy technology, perhaps?
ftfy

>steam machine

>fab labs

They would be really visible if we put their heads on a pike

>ctrl + f
>bitcoin
>zero results
Stay poor nocoiners

molecular fabrication

That's true. We can really only go so far with fancier and fancier steam engines.

AI robot assistants or genuine cybernetic implants.

Humanity will look VERY different in the tear 3000.