Do you feel social pressure to use any particular electronic devices?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>caring about what some egocentric little shits want you to do

If anything, it makes it easier to pinpoint who to avoid. If it matters what phone you have to someone, they're most likely going to have other idiotic and arbitrary standards.

Save yourself the hassle, do as you fucking please and the true friends will come naturally.

How do they see green?
It shows as green on imessage?
But white for iphone?

No, frankly if people judge me based on a text message bubble color they are not worth my time. And I'm not saying that as some neckbeard, I have plenty of friends who have either apple products or Android ones. Shallow people are the worst

If you meet someone who won't even entertain the idea of talking to you if you don't own a materialistic product they want you to own you should probably not even bother trying to please them because they are likely the most vapid and normie-tier faggots on this Earth.

He's been brainwashed by iPhags, his life as he knew it is over, he belongs to mApple now.

Why do Americans care so much about this? I have never seen anyone give a fuck about the color of chat bubbles(???) here. Do Americans really see a phone as a status symbol?

The poor or uneducated do, yes.

Americans are very easily brainwashed by marketing campaigns.

There you go again trying to stereotype 330 million people.

I live in the midwest, I've never seen or heard anything of the sort. I only see this shit on Sup Forums.

>America
>a culture where EVERYTHING has to be brands and consumerism
>highlight of the biggest sports event are the adverts
>everyone spews marketing memes
>people use online aliases like "Subway Jared", "Progressive Flo", avatars are of the Geico gecko, KFC logo, etc., essentially giving them free PR
>sponsors and product placements have to be everywhere, podcasts, TV shows, even in fucking lyrics in music

It is so easy to spot an American production vs rest of the world.

This behaviour is extremely rare in Europe.

obsessed

Barely takes any effort to see this. Don't even have to be obsessed to see this.

In Europe I only had minor cases of "user, why don't you have an iPhone I thought you were a nerd lmao", but luckily nothing like america.

>finally in college
>away from highschool bullshit
>free to express sexuality with new boyfriend
>try to come out of the closet to dad
>ask for an iPhone, he'll get the hint

Poor kid.

Since when has the iPhone been representative of nerds?

I feel a fuckload of pressure to use a smart phone, but if I didn't need a smartphone for work I would throw away my fucking phone and if someone wants to talk they can Skype or email me at home.

Smartphones are ruining our current populations brains, giving toddlers ipads for hours on end should be fucking illegal.

No?
Why would anyone care what I use?

I'm in college and I don't have any phone. I don't have any friends though. Maybe that's why.

Never
Just girls and stuff said that I should have an iPhone too since it's latest technology™

ameritards still believe in SMS. iphone to iphone converts it to imessage (blue bubbles), regular texts are green bubbles.

On iPhones, received SMS messages are green whereas iMessages are blue

t. green bubble person

There are two kinds of people: blue people and green people. Green people are poor people and you don't want to be around them.

>iPhones are the only expensive phones meme
>your worth is valued in how much you spend on your tech

Literally why no one wants to be your friend.

you're green of jealousy, pajeet.

It's those awful green bubbles!

>buy Xperia XZ Premium for €699
>iPhone 7 base model costs €599
>muh rich meme

wew

>t. Mr. Poor
Literally why no one wants to be your friend.

>the first week everyone gets to know each other and exchange numbers
o-oh?

>dat redditor writing style
fuck off and go back there.

At least 50% of thinkpad owners on Sup Forums bought one to fit in here. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

>only in America

I don't. Hell, i have an iPhone, and still use Wire as my default text messenger. I still use the default text messenger, but only because I don't expect all businesses to adopt Wire. iMessage could disappear tomorrow, and I wouldn't give a shit.

I have a Vaio, but can't see a reason to buy a thinkpad over an elitebook.

this is the article

>Let’s face reality: US Teens engage with iMessage more than any other social platform

>No one really seems to talk about it or acknowledge it, but iMessage is where a lot of mobile usage is trending towards, particularly for Gen-Z, and there are many good reasons why.

For some odd reason, too many times do I hear people baselessly point out that “there’s no way” most teens have iPhones. Citing ‘obvious’ reasons such as “They’re just too expensive!” or “Look, Droid owns the overall market share!” Although those two points may be true, it still doesn’t change the fact that teens here in the US have made it very clear—today, they prefer iPhones. For the purposes of this entire article, US teens will be defined as individuals 10–19 years of age.

Piper Jaffrey semiannual US teen survey (1)
The Piper Jaffrey data shows how commanding iPhones are in today’s smartphone landscape for teens. This is in line with our various surveying here at Senpai, in which we have approximated over the past year that 75% of US teens use iPhones. In terms of why this may be the case, there are several factors to consider: design, iTunes, network effects, and of course what we believe to be the most important one, iMessage.

>spend more money on a product that isn't this specific product
>lol poorfag

??

Could you literally be more of a walking contradiction?

Daily reminder that if you don't own a Sirin Solarin, then you might as well be living on the streets scavenging for food, user.

That's college kids for you. You send em to a kindergarten and you expect different results.

I honestly don't get this meme. In the UK everyone uses WhatsApp, iPhone user or otherwise. Why do Americans deliberately pick the worse product?

Android still can't send blue text?

TOP KEK!

WhatsApp is no better than iMessage. Both are closed source encrypted messengers. Both are relatively ugly. The perk of iMessage is that it's built into the system, and you can still get messages from people who don't use it. To my knowledge, this is not possible via WhatsApp, which just makes it an inferior product to Wire, without any of the benefits that iMessage has over Wire.

>Facebook botnet
No, thanks!

thats not a phone. that's a brick.
and where's yours user?

They're probably teenagers

Reminder to not send your kids to college. Or send them to SMAC.

Holy fucking shit. This can't be real right?

Nobody can be so uber Normie to care about other people's choice of technology right?
Even the mega iPhone fags at my University, didn't care about my old Android.

Do people older then ~18 really exist, who need to fit in so desperately?

They like to think of themselves as better than pajeets but they're the same except they don't show in the street.

I have a limited amount of time in each day to spend talking to people, and so I only bother forming relationships with people worth talking to. I have yet to meet anyone who gives a shit about "green bubbles", but if I were to meet such a person, I would drop them like a rock, because I do not respect their outlook on life, and conversations with such a person would be wasteful. If anything, it is a great way to filter out the retards.

>Nobody can be so uber Normie to care about other people's choice of technology right?
Have you been paying any attention at all around here? Most of Sup Forums gets seriously arseblasted over what technology other people use. And in general, any possible kind of difference between people, there are people who will judge based on it, however bullshit or insignificant the difference actually is.
>Do people older then ~18 really exist, who need to fit in so desperately?
Have you paid any attention at all to the world? There's shitloads of people like that all over the place.

I love my German friends because of this. I mean they're behind the curve because Whatsapp is pretty zucced, but at least they try to care about their privacy.

>amerifats are so poor that they think a $700 cell phone is expensive and it is a sign of wealth to own one
can't make this up

>Have you been paying any attention at all around here? Most of Sup Forums gets seriously arseblasted over what technology other people use.
But that is purely ironic, right?
Nobody here actually cares that much if someone uses Windows to play his video games.
>Have you paid any attention at all to the world? There's shitloads of people like that all over the place.
But not past 18, right?
I currently am in University and have never met a person who cared about the technology other people used.
I get that you do that in highschool, I too am guilty of that, but you grow up and realize that nothing of that actually matters.

>But that is purely ironic, right?
Nope.
>Nobody here actually cares that much if someone uses Windows to play his video games.
Some do. Sure, some of it is ironic and shitstirring, but not all of it.
>But not past 18, right?
>I currently am in University and have never met a person who cared about the technology other people used.
>I get that you do that in highschool, I too am guilty of that, but you grow up and realize that nothing of that actually matters.
It still happens. To a lesser degree, less obviously, and in different ways, but most people still choose what they do and use based on what "everyone else" in their perceived or desired social group does.
People also tend to stop telling people they're judging them based on whatever bullshit and just quietly judge instead. And you say you've grown up and realised that none of it matters, and that is mostly true... but there is still a part of you that does care to some extent, you just don't realise it.

There is obviously a part in anyone seeking for group validation, I am not going to deny that, but if you are an adult you should at least be able to realize that someone else using a different brand of technology is irrelevant to the character of the person.

I am speaking from purely personal experience here though and maybe there are cultural differences around the world.

>yfw you are the weird looking geek who does not get laid because he won't bow to social pressure.

>maybe there are cultural differences around the world
Speaking from personal experience as well: We do not have this type of brand loyalty in SEA. People like to show off, but no one cares what phone you have.

It might be an internet thing. The Americans and Europeans I have met IRL do not do this, but on the internet...

>Americans actually judge people for having Android devices
is this the same reason you don't use the metric system?

Let us not go there, aluminium kettle.

wtf i love the imperial system now

Just plain wrong. You're conflating consumer culture with overall culture. I find plenty of culture in America that doesn't revolve around money.

>but if you are an adult you should at least be able to realize that someone else using a different brand of technology is irrelevant to the character of the person.
Oh, absolutely. But there's a big difference between "should" and reality. And it's not necessarily what computer or phone you use; around here there's been a long-standing rivalry based on what make of car you drive.

Am I the only one that feels like phablets were a mistake? The ever-increasing size of phones and sharp increases in their specs and capabilities has made me hate them more than when they were tiny and slow. iPhone (2007) was my first, and favorite smartphone. It knew what it was and wasn't contaminated by app bullshit.

So what's your issue with the iPhone SE? You don't have to install apps or activate iCloud, and its has a small form factor and very decent specs.

Specs and capabilities I'm fine with going up, it's just size that's gotten out of hand.

>So what's your issue with the iPhone SE?
That I don't have one :^)
>Specs and capabilities I'm fine with going up
That's exactly what has contributed to feature creep. Smartphones were best when they could do basic email, quick web browsing, using maps or GPS, music and perhaps video (in desperate situations.)

I really hope feature phones make a comeback.

>don't use the metric system?
Wow, you are stupid.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States

>That I don't have one :^)
credomobile.com

Glad I could help.

>credo
no thanks.
>contract
no thanks.

Then go and pick one out on ebay and take it to someplace like Page Plus.

That looks interesting, thanks user.

What does? Page Plus? It's ok. Owned by the same dude who owns straight talk, though. Bought it out. Now all the customer service is through India instead of Illinois.

ah yes I forgot how the faggots in your lectures determine who you can have sex with

>tfw all carriers are gubmint shills, jews or Sup Forumslacks
Maybe I'll just go back to a landline.

That's a standard way of measuring body temperature using an old fashioned thermometer. I don't understand the problem.

>that cut-out job
ouch.

Credo grinds my gears with their activism bullshit, but they just happen to have the best rates for what my wife and I need (unlimited talk/text with 1GB of data - 80 bucks per month total). US based customer service, too.

this
plenty of fish in the pond

so, size does matter?

>tfw no mature hot woman to judge me

why live

this shit is just a thot filter

>Do you feel social pressure to use any particular electronic devices?
Yes, I felt pressured by Sup Forums to buy an old crappy Thinkpad for way more money than it was actually worth.

ive seen this "get the phone x" stupid shit before now if i care thats a whole different story

Where I live, no of course not wtf.
I think America is a lot more diverse than people give it credit for, it's kinda hard to stereotype or come up with answers to questions like this.

whew, tb.h I think it's a pretty convenient way to filter these people out

No, that would require me to actually have a social life to begin with haha

This was only the case in high school for normie scum.

Nobody who actually cares about green bubble is worth talking to

/thread