There are too many Linux distros. Our community needs a purge

There are too many Linux distros. Our community needs a purge.

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Definitely, gentoo, arch and all debian byproducts need to go.
Only ubuntu, centos and debian have a reason to exist

>implying ubuntu isn't debian byproduct

Ubuntu is a Debian byproduct.
CentOS is a RHEL by product.

I don't have anything against many Distros but they're all keeping each other small so thr development of neither doesn't go anywhere

debian is a slackware byproduct you ignorant fag

>too many
It's an illusion. Every distro ships with several desktops. An alternative would be everything packed like openSUSE in a 4.7GB image just so it has two or more desktops built in.

i went to try out devuan the other day it was like you described bbut in a 16 gig .iso

i agree on the fragmentation tho... linux distros need to cull every few years gladiator style but that would create more reeeee and not help the community at all becauuse its just a different ecosystem... there arent any capalist gains to be had so the invisible hand of the free market doesnt work either

i like cinnamon and mint , like what kde plasma has accomplished in a short time, like how wayland is growing up but needs way way more support... not a fan of pulse audio and the D

things are so god in linux right now.... people need real money to make it better imho... fix this and youll fix linux

dumb retard trying to act smart... pls lurk more and read ubuntu documentation... maybe compare the actual structure and architecture between branches. you have some guts to get your head out of the mud, little normie! learn to research or gtfo

gentoo and arch are good as they allow hypercustomization. debian and rhel are basic user branches and they cone with flavours. get your shit right and stop licking your ass

absolutely wrong. debian and slackware were both concieved around the same time for the same reasons but independent from each other

genuine knowledge drop right there...

>debian is a slackware
>Ever mixing the superior Slackware to a shitty debian
>Calls others fags
:)

got even more for you.
Debian and Slackware were both inspired by SLS (Softlanding Linux System)

SLS was one of the few usable distributions at the time but it was bug ridden as fuck so Patrick Volkerding wanted to improve it and based Slackware off of SLS.

Ian Murdock had the same idea but wanted to create his own distribution from scratch so he made Debian which was first released only one month after Slackware.

>people need real money to make it better imho... fix this and youll fix linux
No
Linux doesn't have the necessary support to make it "fixed", it doesn't have a company that would manage the glitches in the system, so it's going to stay this way

for normies who want to use computer fot "it stuff" there is ubuntu, .. for normies who want a stable linux system, there is sysadmin whom you can pay, for all the others there is just linux... it works well as it is.. no need to be improved, or to be eliminated... everyone uses what they need... it is the shithead normie who does not understand that...

Our strength is in diversity.

yep, but they are different enough not to slam Debian as a Slackware byproduct

That's what I was trying to say. Slackware is based on SLS while Debian was made from scratch because of SLS

pls stop writing like that
>there is sysadmin whom you can pay
your system admin cannot reverse engineer Photoshop
>no need to be improved
Software installs, linux isn't still unified, etc
> it is the shithead normie who does not understand that
2 bad that the "normies" still buy computers, and are a good chunk of the market share
>LoL let's abandon them

>your system admin cannot reverse engineer Photoshop
>Software installs, linux isn't still unified, etc
for that is windows, wine, .. if you need photoshop, go get windows.. otherwise move to inkscape, gimp

>2 bad that the "normies" still buy computers, and are a good chunk of the market share
normies can use basic ubuntu the actual linux diversity is not for your average normie, is for the power users... a power-user won't care crap about too much diversity

The linux distro situation is more like a bunch of white guys from different european countries who are all autists.
We need actual diversity in the linux situation.

Daddy-fu is so masculine

I agree, we definitely have to make a purge around here. I posted my glorious desktop in a desktop thread, and it was removed by the Linux-loving mods, only because I use macOS, the operating system of the master race. These guys are literal nazis.

Also I know, my terminal is black. I changed the theme to a white one so it's fine now.

>I hereby command that people should stop working on the things they like working on, because I don't like them.
yeah, nah.

>trying to force what people should/shouldn't use

sorry, i prefer freedom

what do you think systemd is for

Yeah you're really fucking dumb if you think Ubuntu is not a Debian byproduct. I agree with you on arch, but I think you are just butthurt that you can't figure out how to install gentoo.

Keep solus, debian and Ubuntu, kill all Ubuntu derivations and just change the installer to let you chose a DE like Debian.

Yes, let a sjw near linux code, that will do the job.

Why don't we just install Xorg and a DE ourselves? It's not that hard.

Beats a bunch of African or Arab guys from different African or ME countries who all speak Arabic and follow the same religion.

At least Europeans have diversity of language and color themes. C^:

>he doesn't get it because the autism is just too strong

the diversity meme needs to die, fucking millineals are ruining everything for everyone. we were getting along with all kinds of people just well before the SJW faggots started pushing their political agenda.

I got it, I was staying within the parameters of your autistic metaphor my dude.

>We need actual diversity in the linux situation.
>We need
[citation needed]

>>>he cant install gentoo

Sourcemage wizards unite!

this.
GG unironically ruined this shit

But user there are only 4 distro :
Redhat, Suse, Debian, Arch

All others are either derivative, either proof of concept

good idea, you can start it by KILLING YOURSELF

Isn't OpenSuse a RPM-based distro?

Don't blame linux. That's just the kernel.

Didn't start off as one. They switched to the superior format later on.

who the fuck is GG?

឴឴>Johnny Rebel
my man

>master race
>i3 CPU
>GTX 750Ti
nigga get outta here, you're poor.

That's like saying there is only Judaism because Christianity and Islam are derivative.

>first usable linux products buggy as fuck
>current usable linux products also buggy as fuck
lmao

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso

What are you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing.