Wangblows 10

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034825/features-that-are-removed-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up

>windows 10 cuts support for ReFS

HHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034825/features-that-are-removed-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

file system is probably garbage either way. use linux

>support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034825/features-that-are-removed-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up
>Resilient File System (ReFS)

>Creation ability will be available in the following editions only: Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.
>Creation ability will be removed from all other editions. All other editions will have Read and Write ability.
>(added: August 17, 2017)
lel.

Isn't ReFS their newest file system, meant to replace NTFS?

SCREENSAVERS ARE REMOVED
I REPEAT 3D PIPES IS DEAD.

Also removed is TCP offloading.
Now *Every* NIC is a Realtek NIC!

Thanks Microsoft!

Yep, I pray they finally fucking implement ext/btrfs/fucking anything that's a quarter competent file system and fucking kill ntfs

You shouldn't be using ReFS on a normal desktop machine anyway so it totally makes sense to remove the formatting option from install on home and pro versions, it's very much a workstation (actual workstation, not "desktop" and server FS.

AHAHAHAHA

WHAT

Highly underrated
Now I feel sad

google kills entire services with the announcement being 2 lines in a blog post

Are you posting creators update features like it was something new?

I simply can't believe MS is using a file system that is over 24 years old, and that their replacement was a "specialty" replacement.

>remove essential shit
>add botnet
thanks poojet

Nobody uses TCP offloading because it fucks with a bunch of newer RFCs. Linux has never supported full offloading for example (only simple stuff like segmenting and checksum calculation).

Besides actual good Intel/Broadcom NICs that aren't 1GbE consumershit

this is what i hate about Windows 10

You don't know if your shit is gonna be removed of deprecated in the """""""feature updates"""""".

I want to go back to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 days, where if something worked in Windows 7 on relelease day, it would work for the remainder of Windows 7's lifetime. Maybe it would get removed in Windows 8.1 but you weren't forced to update to Windows 8.1 now were you?

Welcome to an OS as a service, rather than as an OS.

The problem is that you end up with having to support two parallel stacks, and the NIC one is often even proprietary. This is the main reason why Linux never included support for full offloading. I don't know why Microsoft is removing their support if they had it in the first place, but I guess it's the hassle of having to deal with two separate stacks.

TCP offloading is 99% all in the NIC's firmware, the only thing the OS needs is the driver to enable it.

No, because it fucks with IPsec and TCP SYN cookies, so even with it enabled you end up with a parallel stack where some connections (or most) are offloaded but a few aren't. This is a pain to deal with.

How is this any different from any other hardware accelerated software stack? I know TCP is a mess as a standard but I see plenty of point in offloading it since high speed networking can choke some CPUs with pure bandwidth and interrupts.

In addition, there's also the issue with resources (RAM is usually a lot bigger than the the on-board memory of a NIC) and every NIC vendor implementing their stuff differently.

Hell, Microsoft wants to push DCTCP pretty hard for servers as well, and since DCTCP uses ECN congestion marking in a different way than originally, you need to have DCTCP support in your offloading engine.

Modern NICs don't issue per-packet interrupts anymore, they are able to aggregate packets. This is basically what large segment offloading (LSO) and receive segment offloading (RSO) is meant for, which are still -- I would assume -- supported in Windows (and has always been supported by Linux).

LRO, not RSO.

If microsoft engineers and executors decide its not the best of special practice to make it to the next versioning of their system of supreme qualitat youre not herby granted the opportunity to lay harsh critisism on thy engineers
take HEED so noone can see what youre saying with light grace because they read it all eventually so i hope you get it by now
CAUTIOUS is emportent

This confirms it.

Windows 10 Pro Workstation is the real Pro and '''''''Pro''''''' Is the real home.
I assume they did this so upgraders did not get the "Professional" version for free.

You don't eat this raw crap do you? It looks like you only heated it for 5 mins

What are you talking about? It's a delicious pizza served in a restaurant.

>Wangblows

Who the fuck actually uses windows these days? Are you computer illiterate?

tbqh refs is shit for desktop. no compression encryption or any modern features that exist in ntfs.

All it's good for is resiliency, and even then its still missing basic storage functions like dedup