What was your first distro, Sup Forums?

What was your first distro, Sup Forums?

Mine was Lubuntu 12.04, today I use Kubuntu 17.04.

My dad made me use ubuntu when I was young, so that. My daily driver is windows 10 now

Mandrake back when that was a thing. :') Asked my tech teacher in middle school how to format a harddrive to install linux, and he told me "You know just enough to be dangerous." Now running Gentoo, Arch, and Ubuntu.

Red Hat, installed on an old HP Vectra given to me by my neighbor. He never told me how to use it though, and I ended up getting rid of it. Later I tried Ubuntu, back when you could get the discs for free, but never did adapt to it.

kek

Slackware something in 1997

Probably classic Ubuntu but when I got into it I quickly moved onto fedora 24 after that I ran Arch for a few months and now I'm back at fedora 26.

Turbo Linux or something.

Ubuntu 14
I use ZorinOS now

Coming from a Windows fag, I tried Mint as "baby's first steps to Linux". It felt so clunky. Will try Ubuntu next.

Used to use arch, but decided I'd rather have my software work for a consecutive week without requiring a ground up re-configuration after every hastily released package.

xubuntu now.

Ubuntu is shit though. Any DE based on GNOME is shit too.
Try Kubuntu or ZorinOS Lite. KDE and Xfce are objectively the best DEs, especially for a winfag.

Caldera OpenLinux but only for a while and then I had a 6-7 year break from linux untill I tried gentoo.

I've used Arch for years and never had this issue.

Mandrake.

>
>I've used Arch for years and never had this issue.

This. What do you guys do with it?

Oh I think I know what he did.
>compiles everything
>updates with pacman
>thinks why his OS is broken now
I encountered one specimen on Sup Forums like this.

I'm using arch for a year now, it just works. And I don't compile anything (unless some stuff from AUR), just use pacman to install software.

Arch on workstation, fedora on laptop, centos on server, pfsense for my firewall.
Am I Sup Forums yet

My first distro was arch and it was a horrible experience, I learned a lot though. Today I'm /kubuntu/ master-race

The Linux pools at my uni are running redhead.

That's where I spent a lot of my breaks away from the normies.

I don't remember for sure I think it was Mandrake back in the 90's. I didn't have Internet, I got it from a Linux Magazine. It was tough to get help to make everything work.

Now I use Fedora, everything works and I don't have to look "under the hood".

Crunchbang.

Ubuntu, then Opensuse, then Arch, then Opensuse again which I'm using now

Whats the difference between installing Kubuntu vs Ubuntu minimal + KDE?

Ubuntu 14

Somehow trashed my HDD while I was trying to install it. Returned to Windows for another year until my computer auto updated to win 10. I thought that it was just a bug that I couldn't turn off the telemetry. Good, innocent times. And so I prepared my anus, downloaded Ubuntu 15, opened google on my phone and hoped for the best. Never looked back since.

Ubuntu 14
Now I use Xubuntu 16.

First used Ubuntu 10.10 as a server, then Debian in 2012, and I've had Arch running since 2015.

Probably mandrake when I was really young.
The first I installed on my own was a mandriva ( I think it bas just before mandriva ended )

babby's first linux here, xubuntu 16.04 w/ i3wm

Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy
Used for about a month and went back to XP
Twas pretty cool but games to me back then came in cds and diskettes so with ubuntu i didnt do much other than schoolwork. Thus i succumbed

>Opensuse again
Yep. It's a distro with a lot of quirks but it is still the closest we got in a Linux world to a "professional" operating system.

Fedora, can't recall which version tho

My very first distro was Ubuntu before Unity. GNOME 2 I think. I was like eight. I am almost twenty and GNOME is coming back.

>tfw fell for the gentoo meme
there's no going back now.