Speakers are better than Headphones

You literally cant dispute this

how often are you going to make this thread?
just asking for a friend

>those speakers
>that file name

to the bottom with you cia nigger

What do you have against these speakers and the file name?

everything, to the bottom we go.

This is a valid argument but micca speakers suck.

But Sup Forums told me they were good

Yes, unless you have coworkers, room mates, family members, or are traveling, outdoors, etc...

Only if you're an asshole.

nah they're garbage. Plenty of powered options exist that are much better, such as the Mackie cr3 at that price.

JBL lsr305 are amazing though, and shit on most headphones in the same price range and beyond.

They're OK. I've had them for three years now and you can really do a whole lot better for not that much more money. If you're willing to dig through thrift stores, you can do a lot better for less.

Meh. They're an easy solution for most people who want something a step above regular computer speakers, but people hype the shit out of them(or they used to, anyway) and they don't deserve it.

Some speakers are better than some headphones

I went with the budget speaker setup and it was from 5 years ago and fell for the non-powered speaker meme. It's probably time to get some new speakers anyways.

I wouldn't call them "good." They're the bare minimum of passive speakers. They have a cheap crossover, cheap drivers, and a decent cabinet.

If you check your local thrift stores regularly and websites like craigslist, you can usually find something much better for the money.

what's your budget?

Non powered speakers aren't a meme but powered speakers can offer incredible value for the money.

Right now, it would be around $100

Check out the mackie cr3. They're pretty decent sounding for 79 burgers.

the point of going with non-powered speakers is that it's cheaper to upgrade than powered ones
if you can get $200 buy the Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Monitor, they're retardedly good for the price
if you can get $300 buy either q acoustics 3020 or ascend acoustics cbm-170 se

Powered speakers are the best thing I have acquired lately.
Not that it saves any wire-mess or that, but not having to think about a dedicated amplifier unit is fantastic.
I use a mixing table to drive them anyway, so unless you have a speaker-management system already it is not worth it.

is a lepai 2020 good or should i buy something else? I've got some crappy sony bookshelf speakers

It is good enough if you don't know what you are doing.
But a lot of times you can get equally/better quality from buying an older amp/receiver.

>implying headphones can match the experience that good speakers can provide
there's a reason why $1000 audio setups are commonplace, but if you spend over $300 on headphones you look like a cunt

bump

>they'll never know what a proper, 3 dimensional stereo image sounds like.

>mfw i use both