How old is your rig and how well is it still running?

How old is your rig and how well is it still running?

Mine - LG Xnote SD550

I5 3230
Radeon 7650
DDR3 1600Mhz 4G

Released in 2013, purrs like a kitten still even with the monitor ripped open

Other urls found in this thread:

mobilespecs.net/laptop/HP/HP_Envy_m6-1164ca.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do you live in korrea?

A prebuilt desktop from 2011 I think, with an i5-2310, 6GB generic DDR3 RAM (stole 2 from my brother so now it has 8) a GTS 450, which I upgraded to a GTX 1050 Ti and some 2TB HDD. Had to grease up the PSU fan once, other than that it runs perfectly fine.

Thinkpad X220 with an SSD slapped in it. Running very well.

Probably gonna throw an i7 in there when I notice any speed difference, and maybe grab an IPS screen.

Current machine is only about 2 years old (Early 2015 MacBook Air), but before that I was using a 13 year old machine (ThinkPad T23) as a daily driver, and it was actually quite usable.

I always feel like people vastly overestimate how quickly computers become obsolete.

>he thinks that a laptop from 2013 is old
How old are you? 12? I use a ThinkPad R60 from 2006 and it still gets about 3 hours of battery life. I use it as my main laptop and it runs Debian with MATE just as fast as anything else.

Q9550, 4GB Ram, HD4870, 120GB SSD, 4TB in HDDs, fast as fuck

He's right tho. Everything that is older than three years is now considered old and obsolete in terms of technology

That's because computers are now fashion accessories. People who do real work on their computers don't have time to fuck with migrating hundreds of GB of data every year, and adjusting to new hardware and accessories. There really haven't been any great advancements in tech since 2006 and if I ever upgrade it'll be because my most used software becomes 64-bit only.

if sheeple wanna keep getting rid of top tier business hardware, be my guest

>it's another Sup Forums ducks at reading episode
user OP says nothing about his laptop being old
He's asking how old your laptop is
And then proceeded tell you what is his laptop is

Jeez and here I thought my skills as a professional tard wrangler would be unused while browsing 4chin

Don't do it my man
The i7 really is almost the same as the i5
You're better off buying a X230 and then hiring a chink to bga solder on a new cpu

This. I didnt notice any difference between my dad's i5 x220 and my i7 t420 even when running off the same drive.

That's also part of the story. However it's because of consumerism. People have to buy new stuff order to "feel good", never miss a trend etc. And to drive economy.

>laptop
Samsung NP300V5A
i5 2450m
GT520MX
8gb DDR3 1600
abused , worn out , display was failing at some point but unfucked itself miracleusly
new battery (12 cell instead of 8) lasts me 4 hours
only use it for webbrowsing and watching youtube as it cant do much more now , it runs hot and is pretty loud (i repasted it , wont help much anymore , its on its last legs)

>desktop
Ryzen 5 1600
Asrock AB350M Pro4
24gb kingston kvr 2400 (im am well aware that its 3 sticks and "low" speeds , im getting better ram sometime soon , dont worry)
Radeon R9 Fury + R9 Fury X

fantastic mashine , small , powerful as fuck and tears trough anything i throw at it
having a fucktonn of ram and threads means i dont have to close stuff when i wanna play some more demeaning games ,
and having a 60gb SSD as a pure boot drive makes it stupidly fast to boot and use (10secs to fully loaded windows desktop)

Built this around May. My laptop is a DELL XPS 13 9365 which is brand new.

>Win10 education
You better upgrade to pro

No, he should upgrade to Debian or OpenBSD depending on his software compatibility and security needs. Windows 10 is trash and the only reason to use it is for "muh gaemz" which are all shit now anyways.

>desktop (built in 2011)
Intel i5 2500K
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
2x4gb (8gb) Kingston HyperX
5 HDD's (various sizes)
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
Still running great, wish I got a different mobo but it was discounted and I have no problems. Plays all my games very well. I suck at getting a stable 4.5ghz OC but even stock, all my 1920x1080 gaming needs are met. Arma 3 gets bogged down online though.

>laptop
Lenovo X230
Intel i5 3360m 2.8ghz
IPS, 9cell battery
8gb DDR3 1600
180gb SSD + 1TB HDD
Haven't had this long but it's real nice for what it cost. Should take care of my laptop needs for the next 3 years, maybe even more.

Dell Optiplex 7010 with an i5-3470

I bought it used like two years ago or so, it's served me well so far.

>X220, i5 2520m, 8GB ram, 512GB SSD, 256GB mSATA SSD, IPS screen, 9cell battery + 6cell slice

I've never thought about replacing it. It just werks.

Education is basically Enterprise, so no, I should not downgrade to Pro.
I like my games, and I simply prefer to use it on my main machines. However, I do use Debian 9 on my thinkpad X200T.

i5 2500k
RX580
16GB of RAM
4 TB of storage, 512GB SSD

I have a Q9550 too, they are beasts. It's 2017 and I see no reason to upgrade.

I put a 512 GB SSD in this and it's been running well. The dual graphics mode is good enough for some older game titles and emulation. mobilespecs.net/laptop/HP/HP_Envy_m6-1164ca.html

That's a lot of SSDs.

X230 with the SSD that came with my T420s, 8GB DDR3.

It's pretty good

Hp or Dell?

Medion actually

it originally came out circa 2014 i guess, bought it used this spring, love it