"OK" causes Androids to record you, not "OK Google"

>Google says it only turns on and begins recording when you utter the words "OK Google". But a Sun investigation has found that the virtual assistant is a little hard of hearing. In some cases, just saying "OK" in conversation prompted it to switch on your phone and record around 20 seconds of audio.
>It regularly switches on the microphone as you go about your day-to-day activities, none the wiser.
>Unlike Apple, who does not publicise any of the voice data it stores through Siri, Google is pretty transparent - giving you full access to your audio.
>First, you'll need to be signed into your Gmail or Google account.
>Once you've done that, type "history.google.com/history" into your web browser.
>You'll be taken to a hub which contains your entire digital footprint, so be careful, it could make for some grim reading.
>Under the tab Voice and Audio Activity, you'll find a list of recordings in chronological order.
>Before you start listening, you might want to plug your headphones in.
>You'll have to listen to the cringe-worthy sounds of you buying a pack of fags in the newsagent or making small talk at the bus stop.
>But there might also be all lots of salacious gossip that you wouldn't want anybody else to hear.
>You'll be shocked to hear what it's picked up, however.
thesun.co.uk/tech/4295350/did-you-know-google-has-been-secretly-recording-you-heres-how-to-find-the-creepy-audio-files-that-are-monitoring-your-conversations-every-day/

Other urls found in this thread:

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
clyp.it/2v15fkgi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so they're pretending to be transparent to normalize these aggressive spying tactics and get away with more criminal behavior.

Stop using Google altogether. Never stay signed in. Even checking this shit is a trick to sign you in. Eject from Google. Cut your losses.

>he says, after completing a captcha for google

Stallman pls go back to work

>he doesn't nigger calle

google plus is disabled and rolled back to the initial version tho cause i hate the stupid search bar shit everywhere

Not a problem if you don't have gapps. Like you should.

you can also simply disable the functionality on the phone, as well set your account to disable the service.

>>Once you've done that, type "history.google.com/history" into your web browser.
you guys are cucks

pic related.

Why does Sup Forums even need to use jewgle captcha anyway? Creating a captcha system doesn't seem all that difficult.

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

Apple does worse. Do you even know who the CEO of apple is?

>you can also simply disable the functionality on the phone,

This, I've had ok Google turned off for years. If I need to use assistant it isn't that hard to hold the home button for 3 seconds.

>say something
>then say OK Google
>registers what you said before prompting it
It's ALWAYS listening.

>Unlike Apple, who does not publicise any of the voice data it stores through Siri, Google is pretty transparent - giving you full access to your audio

Yes, it gives you access to YOUR audio. It's not like they're fucking uploading it to youtube or some shit, and it's certainly not like Apple doesn't have this information.

>history.google.com/history
>Only youtube history is show
I disabled audio and location saving years ago

Google may be paying Sup Forums to make it use recaptcha. How else Sup Forums can pay the servers?

I have YT history enabled for convenience.
They know what I watch anyway.

>implying it's not listening 24/7

How do you think it hears the "OK" in the first place? - magic?

Because Jews are superior.

All this bisonshit is about nothing but money. If you think that someone cares about your privacy, you are wrong, they care about clicks on the page with the news article, some just seek a reason to sue Google for money.

I just checked and audio history is disabled by default for me. who the fuck even enables this shit?

Same as Microsoft tbqh

It's worse than even that. You can view all the recorded stuff they have on you and your searches. Every single one of mine had 'okay google' recorded. Even the okay was in there. I stopped using that feature that day.

>mfw I accidentally set off while high and talking nonsense

>Every single one of mine had 'okay google' recorded. Even the okay was in there.

Are you fucking retarded?

How the shit do you expect it to recognize "ok google" if the mic isn't on? Of course it's on 24/7 waiting for the activation words. It's probably kept on a 3 second delay cache and then includes the previous 3 seconds in the search.

Or you could just turn this stuff off. There's just a few buttons you can press.

None of these have anything that Google tracks for me.

How strange
This is the first I've heard of this, but its disabled on all my google accounts but 1
And even on that 1, theres only one bit of activity which is when I used google voice to set a timer (I obviously deleted it and turned it off for that account)

I literally don't have anything other than YouTube videos and Google searches.
I guess this thing doesn't work in Europe yet?

Guess I'm good?

It's a feature you need to turn on in the first place, anyone with half a brain probably never enabled it.

That explains a lot. Why are people so dumbfuck to enable this?

ITT retards

wow it's fucking nothing

all my recordings are either things I've said to OK Google or random pocket rustling and my friend's voices.

I say OK a lot in general conversation so it doesn't appear to actually be recording shit I don't want it to, however, there are a few instances where the phone has started recording before I've even said "OK Google"

see and

ReCaptcha was genuinely an interesting project at the time

>Implying Stallman works

>That "OK Computer" reference

I don't get it, there are only like 5 items in my history and they were when I actually tried to use the dumb voice input.

Where is the news?

you are on a list

clyp.it/2v15fkgi

There is nothing wrong with google guys. Joot will protect us.

Same shit here, first thing I did when I got my phone.

>This image is 410KB.
>is actually 3.73MB

rly maeks u think...

>3.7MiB
I thought the file size limit was 3.

It's 4MB for images and 3MB for webms. Has been for years.

>2400x2400 png

it's clearly edited and saved in a different file format for irony

Stupid newfag, go back to Sup Forums. How the fuck do you not know that sites pay Google for their captcha service and not the other way around? Kill yourself already.

>>Under the tab Voice and Audio Activity, you'll find a list of recordings in chronological order.
i don't even have a tab like that

why would anyone use voice searching? it's awkward, clunky, unreliable and makes you look like a total ass