Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

yadi
mywot.com/en/scorecard/yadi.sk
itstillworks.com/dangers-using-proxy-servers-2175.html
wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-x.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the other thread has 250 post condense your general garbage tard

Created this thread bit early, cause can't create one later and people will be too lazy to do one.

So xterm -fa 22 works
but if I add xterm:faceSize:22 to Xresources
and merge, that doesn't. I can change the background of an xterm terminal with xterm resources, however that only comes into effect when I launch a new terminal with the xterm command. If I use i3 MOD+ENTER, I get a white xterm terminal, but opening an additional xterm terminal via command gives me one of the color specified in xresources.

I'm confused about the different categories of cache misses
Assuming a direct cache, if you access a location X that has never been accessed before, that's a compulsory miss, right?
Even if the cache block that X maps to already has something in it from an earlier access to Y, that just happened to map to the same cache block, it's still a compulsory miss, instead of a conflict miss.

What's the easiest way to set up SDL in Windows? Is it just by using something like Visual Studio or Eclipse?
I'm trying to do it manually using NP++ and mingw, but I'm getting "Cannot find reference to WinMain" among other things. I don't know what to do.

Any experience with these? Does it actually work?
My Inspiron N5110 keep overheating while playing video games.

GTX 1050 or GTX 960? Both are 2GB and are the same price ($80)

What ryzen cpu should i get money aint a thang

If you toilet train cat mom, will cat mom toilet train her kittens by herself?

A while back someone made a troll Nyaa replacement. All it was was a bit of text and a song from MOE JAZZ playing on loop.
Anyone remember the link? or at least what song it was?
I used to use one for my rickety old laptop, work decently but I found bottle caps to be pretty good too

How are Git comments meant to be used?
On the one hand, I don't want to add each file separately to the index, giving each one a unique comment, that sounds like it'd take ages on large projects.
On the other, I don't know if adding all the files to the index each with the same comment is any better.
How is it meant to work?

What's a low memory demand browser I can use on my 2003 laptop? I'm running lubuntu

Going to be tested on my sql knowledge for a BI job position. What should I make sure i know?

Not sure but my cat learned to use the toilet by himself. We got a new kitten and he's interested in the toilet. I hope he learns :)

Cats are technology, they sleep on routers and shit.

My cat learned how to open doors and "invented" a door knock out of a leather loop added to garden doors to close them (it had no knob on the outside).

You're supposed to commit message what you did. Commits are supposed to be logically separate pieces of work. It doesn't matter if it's in one file or several.

If you do a days work and change a load of files to change the database implementation you use, and you also add a new class to extend the program functionality. Commit them separately in 2 commits. Both with sensible commit messages.

Then when your project leader changes his mind and wants to undo the change you made to the database provider and go back to the old one you just find that work with your descriptive commit message, and git revert it. All the lines in files that you changed to change over the database provider get changed back but that new class you wrote on the same day is left there.

Make each commit so that when you revert it it undoes what you said it does in the commit message.

Best VPN for a poor college student who wants to torrent on dorm internet?

If I run a program from a terminal in i3, is it supposed to open up beside the terminal and not replace it?

ex: I am in the terminal and I tell it to open firefox. I3 opens a second window next to the terminal for firefox, leaving the original terminal showing an output log for the firefox. I cannot close the terminal without closing firefox.

WAD?

Any one here used a USB android thumbdrive?
I got one a while back and it seems cool but it's loose and i I have to keep it perfectly still to use it on my phone

trying to download something but noscript keeps blocking the download due to XSS blocker
Is there a way for me to tell if the XSS is actually malicious or not?
I really want this download

Is it bad that I never turn off my laptop, but just hibernate it?

It's called a tiling window manager...

No shit. Did you even read what I wrote? I want to create a new window without disrupting my tiling scheme. And why does I3 leave an output terminal that I can't even close when I run firefox?

That's how it's supposed to work for non-CLI programs. You can append an & at the end of the command you used to spawn the program though and allow it to exist without the terminal emulator. Maybe even "& exit" to also automatically close the terminal emulator window. Take a look at dmenu though, in case you already haven't.

Just remember to reboot it every now and then for kernel/Windows updates.

>Just remember to reboot it every now and then for kernel/Windows updates.
Thank you!

It's probably malicious. What are you trying to download?

Buying a small cheap USB3 1TB portable external hard drive to put VMs and such on, what's the best brand? Maxtor, WD, Toshiba, Seagate?

Will fully encrypting an SSD slow it down in any way?

depends if it supports hw encryption or not
if yes then small chip on it does some well known algorythm for encryption, it not, then cpu is needed for that

What about the evo 850, does it support that?

buy ssd
on 250GB lot of vms can fit and difference in use and boot time is significant just as with real ssd

yes, install samsung magician and just enable encrpytion, or google windows bitlocker

True, 250GB is plenty space but I'd be paying 2x what I would with a normal HD.

this
yadi (delete this) .sk/d/Rt8Rk1MjruArp

according to WOT the site is safe
mywot.com/en/scorecard/yadi.sk
that's weird, Sup Forums thinks it's spam tho
why is that?

Can you activate a windows 10 MBR install?

I remember it was a problem to activate W7 ultimate installs using GPT.

How accurate is this?
>proxy providers can infiltrate your session with viruses and spam, which you may inadvertently download and cause fatal damage to your computer.
>someone may use your identity as a proxy to conduct nefarious and illegal activities on the Internet
itstillworks.com/dangers-using-proxy-servers-2175.html

If I connect to a proxy server they can use my IP as a proxy server?

how do i remove the last character in a string in python?
I can't use strip because its not the only instance of the character.

WD red based portable enclosure.

got a ps/2 keyboard. i connected it and one of the lights turns on but i'm unable to type with it. is it fucked or should i try with a ps/1 to usb connector i'm getting tomorrow?

Are you aware you can hotplug it right? You need to restart your PC.

LTSB or Windows 7 Ultimate?

someone advise me on which to use please.

no idea what that is. just have it plugged in and reset?

I need an ftp client that isn't going to rape me in the ass and it needs to be used on fucking windows 10 of all things.

I have an old laptop (first gen i3, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd). Is there anything useful I can do with it? Got a thinkpad already so it's obsolete.
I have no need for a seedbox, and 500gb wouldn't be very useful for an NAS server.

nevermind got it working. thanks!

So I just bought the XLR version of the AT2020 Audio Technica Condenser microphone. With an XLR to 3.5mm jack converter, can I plug it straight in or does it require external power?

Put an SSD in it and it's still a perfectly usable laptop.

If that's really not palatable to you then you can consider getting a bargain bin 32GB SSD from China, installing a beginner-friendly distro onto it and donating it to a destitute college kid. Because that would still be a kickass school machine, especially for someone from a broke family who can barely afford ramen. Keep the 500GB drive to stick into an enclosure and make your own portable external HDD.

LTSB is only used by faggots who know windows 10 is complete garbage but want to force themselves to use it anyways despite prior knowledge. Get 7 Ultimate, W10 offers absolutely nothing you need unless you're one of those game junkies that likes taking it up the ass from Microsoft.

got it thanks champ

Its a old computer/bad legacy compatibility hack by motherboard maker problem.
Its easy to fix, just reset your PC, you only have to do it once.

No, LTSB is for when your PC has no drivers for 7(90% of time is because there are no Wifi drivers for that laptop or chipset stuff is wonky with 7 and people dont want to bother to fix it or dont know how).

Other than that 7 ultimate is the best option.

question from last thread
is wine enough to run microshit meme apps? i'm being forced to use some windows apps but i'd still like the efficiency and freedom of loonix
thinkpad t420 btw
thanks

Just dualboot 7 user.
But yeah it should be enough.

Is there any good external HDD's good for storing/running games off of?

I did see this: wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-x.html

Is it really any different from a regular HDD?

Different user, whats a good brand of SSD? I actually have a class I have to get an external drive for to run multiple VM's on. I've seen SanDisk SSD's that seem good but idk.

If it's anything past the 2010 versions then no it'll run like shit. I'd tell you to use a VM for that but I'd doubt a t420 is going to handle the job well.

Sandisk SSDs are bad.
Avoid PNY and Kingston SSDs.

Get something with 3D NAND.
850 EVO is the gold standard for sata.
SU800 is a cheap SSD that werks too.

Okay first off that is just a fancy rebadge of their normal MyPassport stuff made to dupe retarded gamebros into buying overpriced goods just because it says GAMER on it. Second, there's no good reason you should even be running games off an external even if it's just a drive enclosure. It's going to rattle like shit and definitely will be slow as hell because it's not plugged directly to your motherboard for full speed. If you're just storing game installers and backups that's okay, but don't run your games off of something that was never meant to handle the load.

Anyone find a fix for the font encoding bug with latest version of Firefox when using Japanese system locale? Only affects certain sites but notably font rendering gets fucked up for Sup Forums X when Unicode is selected which is hella annoying.

fair enough, i'll dualboot until my 2720HQ arrives

Is there any way to dualboot Windows 7 32-bit onto a GPT hard drive? Or am I stuck with 64-bit? Was hoping to do the 32-bit since it's meant to be a compatibility thing I can boot into for those few legacy programs that give issues otherwise.

someone?

So, it's charging wirelessly AND plugged in with a charging cable.

Will it charge twice as fast?

I am a lazy son of a bitch.
How can make WEBMs from Youtube videos easy as fuck?
Without Premiere and extra apps.

Is there a website where I can link the video, choose the part I want and export as webm ??

Shitty proxy can add shitty content to your website content, that's it.
Pretty sure that it can't happen over https, though.

As for the identity, when you get logged on a website from a given IP and the website has shitty security (for example, non-secure channel for one kind of data), someone else using the same proxy could appear as logged on with your credentials.
Once again, this shouldn't be possible with https, since only you have the proper keys and anyone else will only get garbage.

Soo Sup Forums wizards, my ISP gave me their shitty router with their shitty firmware installed I can't access the main router page and all I need to do is to forward the ssh port so I can access my machine from college it is possible to work around it, without changing the router firmware or any configurations it installed ISP won't do shit.

WD black rebrand.

There will be no difference if you use 32 or 64bit.
Just make a w7 GPT install.

Youtube-dl and paste ffmpeg in the same folder.
Select download as webm, done.

you can scan all ports on the gateway with zenmap to find something
even if you find a login page, you don't have credentials, they can't be that stupid...

No your phone only charges from the fastest solution connected to it and in actuality wireless chargers are slow as hell.
If you got Android and want your phone to charge quickly get a cable and adapter made specifically for fast charge, which Galaxy phones include out the box. In fact, you should always be using the set that comes with your phone because 9/10 times it's the one that actually charges your phone the fastest. You can also turn airplane mode on or shut down your phone while it's charging so it doesn't use the battery while charging.

So I shouldn't be worried if I don't login while on proxy, right?
Thanks user

What are those? Seem cool but I can't choose which part of the video.
I will have a look at them.

>FFmpeg is a collection of different projects for handling multimedia files.In this article I'll be using FFmpeg through the command-line tool ffmpeg

Can't wrap my head around this.. It is not an app?

>There will be no difference if you use 32 or 64bit.
16-bit programs can't run in 64-bit OSes, can they? I know it came up as an issue when I was trying to run Rance 4.1/4.2 for example, and some other old eroge I found. Used a VM in those cases but sometimes that has unwanted side effects like audio being corrupted and bad sounding

How come you can't just store the extra heat in the summer, cool your house down in the process, and then release that heat in the winter to heat it up again? It seems wasteful to have to expend so much energy at both stages to get the desired temperature.

Yeah
Basically, all the bad shit is the same as if you were browsing a shady ruskie site.
If you don't run random .exes like a retard, the worst the website can do is crash your browser, overload your memory and slow down your shit until your browser dies, or mine bitcoins in javascript.

Unless your browser is vulnerable and the exploit is known. But then again - it's the same as if you were browsing shady websites.

you can if you freeze it for later use

Hey, I'm trying to use a VM as a dev server because I don't wanna install a bunch of DB backends and stuff on my everyday machine.

Now, I have to be able to access the web server of the VM, and here's where it gets annoying.

I'm using QEMU and have set up port redirection, (port 1024 of the host to port 80 of the guest).

Typing localhost:1024 or 127.0.0.1:1024 in a browser on the host machine fails with a "connection was reset", but typing 192.168.0.x:1024 (hosts IP) in a browser on another machine, connects like it should.

Basically, "third machine -> host -> guest" works, but only "host -> guest" doesn't.

What's the deal here?

Good idea to OC an amd a8 7650k when it runs ~70 celcius when playing games?

IPHONE/IOS USERS:
In android you can hide notification previews from the lockscreen only but when unlocking the device you can see the notification previews in the notification bar. Is there a way to do this in IOS it just seems like you have to hide the preview completely even in the notification bar (I sometimes like to read these before I open a conversation, ok?) cheers.

Buy a new router and set your old one in bridge mode.

Its just a program to handle video conversion, you wont even touch it with youtube-dl.

You will mainly will have to learn how use Youtube-dl.
>Open it with Windows CMD, paste the link of the file you want
>Video will be downloaded

So, i spilled Dr. Pepper on my laptop 15 minutes before work, I turned it upside down on a towel and left, I won't be home for 4 hours. How fucked am I?

So for steam games, could I just then move them back and forth between the external HDD or would I have to reinstall them each time?

But you can, ask help in /vg/ hentai games general about that.

What's the difference between PaleMoon and Waterfox?

Huh, I guess I'll check, just know that at the time I played it the pastebin recommended using a virtual machine which obviously implies you can't do it natively

Buy isopropyl alcohol on your way home, you will need it.

In terms of cryptology opsec, when part of my password could possible be considered compromised, would adding further new segments (aka enlarging said password) make it secure again/proof it against bruteforcing attacks even when the attacker knew about said compromised parts/characters already? What if the characters were re-arranged by me in the new password?

*possibly

Goddamn should have proofread that

Also by "re-arranging" i basically mean keeping the old segments but just placing them at different sections of the new password, especially creating a whole new cypher/combination

Just asking since i don't know if this measure would defeat any theoretical future bruteforce attempts or if that part of the password would be compromised forever

Why are applications like F.lux and redshift designed to modify the screen temp based on the time of day?
Why!?

Because blue light keep us awake, making it "disappear" from your screen help your brain understanding that it's night time now and make the switch to an awake state to a sleepy state easier.

It's to help you fall asleep easier in the end

does at&t provide any special services the same way that T-Mobile has T-Mobile Tuesdays?

Should I also just blow my fucking brains out?

MakeMKV requires some form of shitty registration now. If you try to ignore it, the program closes. What's an alternative to it?

Is clover crashing for anyone else? It's the most current version and was updated over a week ago.

ffmpeg

My cat uses a litterbox. How can I teach this fucktard to use a toilet?

You buy a training kit. The first stage is a bowl of litter that just sits on the toilet rim. Then each successive stage opens a larger and larger hole in the middle with the litter in a surrounding ring. Eventually the cat cares less about hitting the litter and more about just squatting and doing the deed. Then you remove the last stage and leave the toilet lid up.

I'm wondering if there is a way to factory reset iphones 6-7 without the password/logout the icloud?

I I just bought a r5 1600 but i dont have a new GPU, i want to use my old HD 4850 as a gpu.
Will it work or i should prepare to spent more money on a new gpu?

Is there an alternative to speedfan for controlling my loud ass fans?

help?

I'm sick of all the normies on Sup Forums. I used to go on Sup Forums before the unsufferable "LOOOL PRAISE KEK XD" kids came in, and Sup Forums has similarly been overrun. I hate 8ch's ui and only Sup Forums and Sup Forums are active there, which I'm not really interested in. All the other boards are slow as hell on there. I've been surviving on /his/, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums the past year or so, but I think I'd like a change of scenery.