Is there something that can be done about this fucking cancer?

Is there something that can be done about this fucking cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages
wiby.me/
neocities.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah stop reading ((( news ))).

Content blocking.

View > Page style > No style

You may also wish to use a browser which has a "reading view."

uBlock Origin and uMatrix.

Reader Mode (firefox)

I knew nu/pol/ (facebook) would be the first reply.

I tried that like a year ago and it just made things a mess and couldn't block everything.

Is this possible in Firefox? I don't use any other browser because the others are fucking cancer also. Fuck chrome. Fuck you, google, burn in hell!

You forgot the European cookie notification shit that doesnt go away unless you press a button

Yes, it's possible in Firefox. You can always turn off page styling.

Hmm...I somehow never paid any attention to this. I guess it's been an option all along but I never needed it until recently. Looks pretty 1990s internet though.

Have an adblock blacklist instead of a whitelist. Immediately blacklist anything obnoxious while allowing non-obnoxious ads to stay.

There.

It isn't even ads. That's the problem. It's just like webpage design elements. Almost every news site has gone full retard.

Yeah, and that's the point. Page styling is what allows for all of those floating divs and video elements to dance around the page.

Which option lets me kill the editor through my computer?

archive.is

Block JS. Most news websites will look ugly but still display the article text without JS - they want to be indexed by search-engine crawlers and the like that don't run JS.

How do you disable CSS?

No way. Way too much shit online depends on java.

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages

>disable js
>nothing appears
>the entire page is downloaded from a goddamn CDN via javascript web workers

dns based ad-blocker gets rid of most of that shit. Check out pi-hole.

>being dumb enough to pipe all your traffic through a slow ass raspberry pi proxy
>being dumb enough to buy a raspberry pi
>being dumb

similar
>disable cookies
>webpage loads
>then disappears and asks to enable cookies to view content

>being dumb enough to think dns requests = all network traffic

dont forget the ads that pop up as your scroll and scroll by slow as fuck holy mother of fuck i hate that

Why don't websites just go full overboard on the ads?
A single click can earn you half a cent this way.
You don't even need to provide content, just bait RSS feed aggregators with fake headlines and fake metadata so facebook will accept your link as a real article.

I don't think that.
But a pi owner would use semantic arguments like that to troll instead of actual arguments because they know you can't defend using a pi even as a dns proxy.

hey fuck you cunt eat a tea brick you piece of shit

News sites truly are the worst when it comes to ads. They do everything to keep you from reading the news.

Gotta love reading a paragraph and then the entire page becomes a some guy holding a tennis shoe and you can't get back.

Don't read the "news"

I'm sorry, I don't vote right.

Vivaldi in reading mode

Nobody seems to be willing to pay for their news anymore. What would you have them do instead? Go out of business?

Yes.

Either that or turn their entire show into a joke like CNN (rachel madow).

Yes. Bring back HTML 1.0.
submit such pages to wiby.me/ and help build a web free of such visual cancer.

I don't want to serve a single .html file from Apache. What's an appropriately less bloaty and secure alternative?

nginx

why do you have to serve a single html file?

I am but a poor man, and I wish to contribute a single meme

You can try hosting through neocities.org/

Not without executing webdevelopers. Not necessarily all of them. When you get rid of enough of them they stop being able to reproduce efficiently and they will effectively be removed.
They bring similar bad designs wherever they go and they love to mimic each other. So it's not enough to deal with the symptoms here. They're a disease.

For such sites, use a text-mode browser like links or lynx.

What about THIS fucking cancer?

>hahaha why spend money to make dedicated mobile site when we can just use one format for everything

>20 lbs. of Javascript and Ass

clearly.

It's weird. I'm not looking at tabs right now but I can't recall a single website effectively using my 16:9 wide-screen format. There's always a good deal of empty space.

NoScript.

>like CNN (rachel madow)

What?

how about this cancer?

trump IS the cancer

>tfw goygle implements JS crawlers
>tfw all websites will be massive JS designed to look like webpages
What did they meant by this?

Your political leaning is irrelevant unless you WANT to be fed half truths skewed to fit your viewpoint instead of unbiased journalism.

GitHub pages

>going to fake news

>(((news)))

Yes.

Drop those sites and use quality news. BBC isn't too bad. Most US sites are to be avoided. Also set up a firewall to kill all video at entry.

Also try reading news with Lynx. Often it will work, is also very comfy. And variants like eLinks can support some JS.

A solution I use here is to dig into the servers to obtain the headlines page. In 9/10 cases I see from the headlines there is no reason to go deeper. This saves me a lot of time and pain.

You're lucky to see three words on a single line with some layouts fucked up this way.

>You may also wish to use a browser which has a "reading view."

not all sites provide a reading view of their articles, and i don't think they'll be brought down just because i avoid them.

>Looks pretty 1990s internet though.

yeah! it's great! i can imagine i'm back before the Eternal September.

>Why don't websites just go full overboard on the ads?

if you turn off ublock for a few seconds, you'll see most of them do, to the point where the content you're looking for is confined to a fingernail-sized panel buried underneath about 10 MB of ads.

Pick a news source you actually trust and pay for their content. If you're a student they have deals and your don't have to go anywhere else for your news. They have dedicated mobile apps that work properly and aren't just ads masquerading as news. That's what I've done and I'm so much happier.

Stay mad Lemonade

Needs a pop up about cookies at the bottom.

4k is even more suffering

Google crawler has JS support, but it wait a really short time for it to render, don't think any modern news site would pass.

Like this

>Reading new online
Buy a damn newspaper, you fucking millennial faggot.

They're not better.
They are the best way to get local news though.

let's see $2.00 for the daily edition
>paper is now the size of a MAGAZINE
>100 fucking ad inserts
>same shitty biased reporting as the online version

haha

This is why you should own a kindle with a subscription to newspapers you like and magazines you are interested in. The internet reminds me of the "ow my balls scene" in Idiocracy where the guy has 20 advertisements playing simultaneously on the tv at once.

Well?

html only

>scale 2x
why would it be?

Twice the whitespace/adspace.

Didn't think it would be that much of nothing before the switch, though

Noscript fixes that I think

what size?

>right click
>inspect
>delete offending elements.
>receive mild boost of dopamine for spuriously "sticking it to the man"

Do not browse shity sites, ignore shity site search engine suggestions, DO NOT POST ON SHITY SITES.

Submit them to 4kev.org too while you're at it

safari does this natively and its getting better in high sierra

oh boy oh boy i cant wait for this shit to happen