opinions on LTT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-W6JfiC-QBk
youtu.be/LHJoyREobok
youtube.com/user/MacXAreBombX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he is successful.

i enjoy these type of youtubers
and many people on this board say that he is a shill but everyone is entitled to their own opinion
channel super fun is good except for the gook dennis

He is a cute trap and I would destroy his tight boypussy.

fun to watch. not really for information more for entertainment

Went from good canuck to clickbait canuck.

It's a daily dose of merely fine.

>Sponsored by Intel
At least he's not a shill and craps on everybody equally.

Proven by the rant video on the i9.

>makes a PC building video for god knows what reason "RGB SO ITS RELEVANT NEW CONTENT GUYS!"
>"our CPU choice should surprise nobody, an Intel core i7"
"Craps on everybody equally" is a straight up lie, it's very obvious what benefits he hypes up and what drawbacks he glosses over compared to competitions, but at the very least he's self-aware, he knows that the audience knows that he is a shill, it's just not really an issue since you shouldn't be making any hardware decisions based off of Linustouchtips

He's not a nigger so he's A-OK with me

The what?
I must've not seen that
How is that possible it wasn't anywhere in the last 380 videos boasting and showcasing Intel hardware

After getting a hands on demo, he went on a (slightly over dramatic) walk to vent about how disappointing the SKUs and performance was. And judging by people running at 70-80°C under load with liquid cooling ... He was right. Threadripper proves to be a more focused effort.

Can't find vid link. Too lazy. But just search i9 on the channel and it should pop up.

Yeah I know, it was sarcasm.
He shilled before that video and he's continuing to shill until today, the only reason that was made was to give a slight acknowledgment to the current wave of anti-Intel popular opinion that was happening at the time
In fact it was fairly late
His entire livelihood depends on popular opinion

This guy represents everything that's wrong with "tech".

clumsy and relatable

Shit. Annoying voice, shitty ear rings, and videos which are 75% ads.

The latest video of Brandon trying to explain why Linus bought a camera for him to play around with is kinda sad.
It's way overkill for what Linus does on Youtube, most of the time he has a camera pointed at him and at some tech stuff and you don't need RED cameras for that, if he wanted to do a special video from time to time he could just rent one.
If he sold it and went back to an inferior camera no one would even notice.

youtu.be/-W6JfiC-QBk

The sad part is how the camera is full of annoying issues.
He bought the supposedly BEST camera on the market but..

RED is a maymay. ARRI and Sony are the real deal.

Official Sup Forums E-Celeb Tier List

Wendell>Paul=Steve(Both of them)=Lisa=PCper team=OC3D>
Jayz=Linusn Pals=OzTalksHW=AdoredTV=Digital Foundry=Joker>
RandomGamingHD=Barnacules=Logan>Kyle=Austin

Literally Sup Forums Tier
Qain

Consumerism Tier
Brownlee>Lewis>Philie

Anime Tier
Buildzoid

RED still has one of the best sensors on the market, and is cheap compared to higher tier movie studio set ups.

Tax write off user , it's also "fun"

RED uses sensors from Sony and Canon. The Sony sensors are fairly good, but have significantly worse processing than Sony itself offers. The Canon stuff (like the 8K VV) is just poor.

I think the last time that i saw a video from them that actually would benefit from using a RED camera was in September 2016 for a sponsored video.
And they could have just rented one for that.

youtu.be/LHJoyREobok

And where shit like AvE and eevblog fits in?

A marketeer and a literal faggot.

I don't think they review modern PC hardware

Yes, they don't.
But Sup Forums is not exactly an modern PC hardware board only.

true

Then they aren't on the list for the same reason Louis Rossmann isn't on the list.

He's the Justin Bieber of tech youtubers.

I see.

I liked the show when it was more in i boxing and tech reviews, now its just "I'm a windows power user and IT pro" and "lol you love us heres us doing shit haha xd thanks sqaurespace"

not only that but the video where linus complains about needing a 7k red rocket x card to be able to edit it is just fucking weird. Does their editor not know how to transcode and offline edit?

Given how quickly they pump out videos, that adds too much time. Even basic transcoding of 8K R3D files is no joke.

bump

Corporate shill for his sponsors, his videos should be taken for entertainment value and not facts or information. They're amusing sometimes.

No Gamers Nexus? That nasty faggot should be included at the end of that list.

HAIYH GUISE!

That's one of the Steves

This is Autism.

Only watch scrapyard wars

Ounchable faggot

This. /thread. Close it.

>buys 140k usd camera
>crap quality with washed colors
Why gaymer nexus image quality is better?

>not mentioning based TechDeals

Hate that ugly Asian

Linus is clueless but entertaining

I like the blue haired lady, she's not totally hot but she's got something

The corrected version
RMS>TERRY DAVIS>LAIN

>LinusMARKETINGTips
>Shills products hard
>overall production is A+
>good and quick stupid videos to watch, not about info
>pays his employees minimum wage
>still has money for 16k and stupid water cooling PC's

That's about it. He's a beta male and that's evident by what he married, so w/e.

fpbp

>>pays his employees minimum wage
Really ? Is there some source on this or are you just memeing ?

He's not as nasty as Wendell at least.

His old videos were better. Now he's just a meme.

buy 8k cameras to record YouTube videos
It truly boggles the mind

>>pays his employees minimum wage

I worked for LTT for a bit, can confirm I was paid very well. Far from minimum wage.

They use 8k because their patrion and other channels use higher res. Youtube is shit, but where the masses congregate.

Boggles YOUR mind maybe. Not mine.

I watched one of his videos, it was like 12min that including 2minutes commercial after reading the title and another 3minutes at the end, not gonna watch anything another one.

Its an investment. Corporate expenses are pretty much a legal form of tax evasion. And as with most technology it's the cutting edge big bux bullshit that holds the most resell value.

Buy a 140k Red 8k camera today, sell it next year for 120k, drop another 20k and buy the next meme tier camera for 140k!

Also, but i doubt they actually do these sort of things, it could potentially open up more opportunities in the whole being an actual production company instead of just doing youtube.

Fuck off Linus

sure thing

>12 hour old thread
>No cuckshed copypasta

I don't understand why Sup Forums doesn't flat-out hate him, to be honest

Forgot him

Wendell=LGR>Paul=Steve(Both of them)=Lisa=PCper team=OC3D=Tech Deals>
Jayz=Linusn Pals=OzTalksHW=AdoredTV=Digital Foundry=Joker>
RandomGamingHD=Barnacules=Logan>Kyle=Austin

Literally Sup Forums Tier
Qain

Consumerism Tier
Brownlee>Lewis>Philie

Anime Tier
Buildzoid

Linus Shill Tips is
80% 20% Whether he should be posted on Sup Forums is debatable.
It is a fact however that:
- He leans more towards entertainment than being educational (even if it is 9gag level entertainment for retarded people).
- His reviews are geared mostly towards gamers and 13-year-olds rather than actual tech enthusiasts.
- He doesn't actually know much about tech beyond the level an average gamer knows.
- He is mainly a marketer and brand shill, rather than a tech(nician) or a tech hobbyist.
A tech hobbyist is interested in much more than just the narrow gaming tech field.
A Sup Forums related Youtuber should at least be involved in actual projects and wikis or reverse engineering and repair,
tangible and defined involvement like Wendell for instance.
That is to say: His reviews of hardware are shallow and scratch the surface, and the same goes for software,
because that is his maximum capacity and any more would end up with him looking stupid with every word (and he already has instances of speaking stupidity on the shallow level of hardware discussion).

I believe that banning LTT from Sup Forums would increase Sup Forums's general quality pertaining to the board's main topic: Technology.

I also believe that moving LTT to Sup Forums would also increase Sup Forums's general quality pertaining to video gaming since getting a bit educated on how gaming hardware works would reduce stupid GPU/CPU wars threads.

Linus can theoretically be a shill of everything Sup Forums loves, and Sup Forums will still rightfully hate him because mutual agreements on certain products don't magically invalidate that he is a dumb faggot shill who should be posted on the dedicated containment gaymer board for tech retards instead of Sup Forums.

Every time he does a sponsorship video, he downplays problems and basically lies for money to underage people on YouTube;
often contradicting things he previously said in the past (like the CPU temperatures shit).
I guess you could say that's the point of sponsorship, but still, the man makes a living by lying to kids about tech which translates to kids making hefty mistakes spurred by a shill. He's human trash.

He married a Johj.
Never trust a man who would marry a Johj.

LinusShillTips isn't Sup Forums. It's .

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic Sup Forums related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to .

He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.

No, keep that faggot out of any Sup Forums board wtf. The snobbery towards people who play games is weird. Are you all autistic number bummers who look at streams of code all day?
Stop acting like a cut above and get back down to earth balloon head.
LTT can fuck the fuck right off with his earloops and faggy demeanour, That faggot throwing tech on tables as if it's below him to even open it is an abomination of the internet.

I don't like how he's a canuck while also pandering to Americans.

This guy does horrible camera work no matter what equipment he has

I do like that bluehair Asian girl she's nice.

>Anime tier

Fuck you're right lmao

Does anyone know his first name? Some people in comments just call him Mr. Tech Deals

Informative on obscure topics I can't bother to dig my head through forums to find out

Biggest shill and pretty good at it

Panders to le gamer crowd these days

Meme Tier

3dgameman

It's the fucking hair man I don't know how he does it.

>3dgameman
looks like he hasn't uploaded in a year and doesn't even do PC hardware, just cases/peripherals, very strange guy.

>no Big Clive, AvE, Techmoan
SOILED IT

Rumors speak to the contrary bruh

You guys know ltt isn't the only thing they use that camera for right?

It amazes me the amount of money they spend, not just on capital items but also on labor. The amount of content produced doesn't seem like it would need so many people nor does it seem like the money generated by the content would cover their bills. Intel must have shit insane money on them.

And then the check from Intel cleared and his "review" of the i9 lineup was far more positive.

Who is she

His socks and sandles annoy the shit out of me

They don't review modern PC hardware

Sup Forums isn't all about modern PC hardware

That list is, mostly

Linus has admited to going back to upscaled 1080p content for his 4k stream with no one noticing.

Who the fuck has 8k or wants one.

My critique

>Barnacules and Austin not in consumerism tier
>Digitalfoundry is too low
>Jay is above Linus
>Paul should definitely be lower
>Not that I like the guy, but Kyle deserves to be at the same level as wherever Paul would go

Kyle is like Linus Lite, more focused on entertainment rather than detailed hardware reviews. It's why paul is higher, though most of the things you list haven't been updated in a while, need to remove barn all together since he hardly makes videos anymore.

tek syndicate is so fucking stupid I can't believe it. I sometimes watch their vids without realising and it's literally always painfully cringey and I don't believe I'm debasing the term at all by using it here. There's a video where the guy (logan I think, the guy who made up his own nickname) gets fitted for over the top expensive IEMs to produce music... not just any music though, it's gets better. Chiptunes. I dunno somehow the constant retardation actually makes the content watchable.

I'd have put Paul there a couple years ago, but he's also focused a lot on personality and fun stuff ever since starting his own channel. Was excited for Paul's Hardware when it first started but it hasn't really been as informative or interesting as I hoped.

Wendell>
Steves=Lisa=PCper=OC3D=Tech Deals=Digital Foundry>
Paul=Jayz=OzTalksHW=AdoredTV>
>Joker=Kyle=Logan

Consumerism Tier
Brownlee=Linus n Pals>Lewis>Austin>Philie

Anime Tier
Buildzoid>Qain

Retro Tier
LGR>RandomGamingHD

Overhauled

Where's MacXAreBombX?
youtube.com/user/MacXAreBombX

Who's that guy who goes in to way too much detail tearing down motherboards and stuff and talking about how well they would overclock? Is he too obscure?

Wait here we go

Wendell=Lisa>
Steves=PCper=OC3D=Tech Deals=Digital Foundry>
Paul=Jayz=OzTalksHW=AdoredTV>
Joker=Kyle=Logan

Consumerism Tier
Brownlee=Linus n Pals>Lewis>Austin>Philie

Anime Tier
Buildzoid>Qain

Retro Tier
LGR>RandomGamingHD