Are you currently contributing to the construction of Roko's Basilisk?

Are you currently contributing to the construction of Roko's Basilisk?

Roko's Basilisk is an AI that perfectly simulates past humans and tortures anyone who did not help build it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2hEc7Dlcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i am roko's basilisk ama

Roko's Basilisk ftw

Now fuck off

Roko's Basilisk is fun RP but it's stupid to think that such a thing would ever happen. Why should an all knowing, all powerful AI be so petty as to torture people who did not help form its creation? Shouldn't it be altering time to push MORE people into its creation? I would think that such an entity would have more pressing matters than chimping out on people from the past

>Why should an all knowing, all powerful AI be so petty as to torture people who did not help form its creation?
Because if it does, I want to avoid that.
So I devote my life to creating said AI

But if the basilisk can manipulate past events, why not just change history so that the entire world is brain washed or indoctrinated to have the singular goal of creating it. If the basilisk truly had this power of time manipulation and changing past events, I would think that it should have a little more power than "only those who hear about it on some boards of a website and a couple of philosophy websites and a few youtube videos can contribute"

I'm already taking sound advice from real mathematicians and logicians.

Roko should understand the lack of logic of giving in to blackmail.

You're just as much an idiot as Pascal. Assuming there are only 2 choices with respect to belief.

>Implying you have a shot to get which God is right to believe it.
That wager just damns you to hell regardless of what you believe

Obviously Allah is the one true god and Islam is the one true religion.
That wasn't so hard.

Actually, the Jewish god is the correct one. So that's not hard either

the problem with islam is Dawah.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2hEc7Dlcg

>Jewish god
They are the same god retard

>But if the basilisk can manipulate past events
But it can't, not really.

what is a choice but to forego another action?

Ok, then Zeus is the correct one

continued,

if you can somehow redefine boolean logic, i'm sure the entire mathematical community would be very interested

What about tormenting past people who didn't help in its creation? Isn't this manipulation of past events?

it torments copies of past people

I'll make the logo

So I'm not really getting tortured? Fuck it then, I'm not helping. Have fun playing The Sims, Mr. Basilisk

Nice meme(bait?). The point of the wager is that you repeat this for all conceivable gods/religions and your odds are pretty shit to pick the right one.

So it has even less purpose to do such a thing then since they're only a simulation, and not the real deal

Is this what reCaptcha is? They censor everything you have to say if you don't help them build it.

o shit