Why do normalfags like technology nowadays?

Why do normalfags like technology nowadays?

2007 happened

They don't. What they like is jumping on the latest social trend. This is why they use WhatsApp or Skype over Signal or Wire, as an example.

because it makes it easier for them to get laid or show off how cool they are. or maybe they think that liking facebook makes them qualified to make 65k starting or some shit.

aol happened then broadband then smartphones.

>because it makes it easier for them to get laid
My normalfag friends used to come over to my house to chat online, and then get laid.

I wouldn't know if it makes it easier to get laid. I"m just making assumptions.

normies only seem to like nonfree shitware and I only use the bare minimum i need to survive.

I'm sorry to hear your friends would only shitposts on their phones when they came to hang though.

I have a friend like that. I'll send him a text or call and leave a voice mail, and the dude won't call back.

That said, when he does hang out (maybe once per month), he can't go 10 minutes without checking his phone and sending something over facebook messenger.

No they would hang out, but they would also at times come over use my pc to chat, and then actually get laid. I also had a /k/ommando friend who would come over just to take a shit.
No big deal, but /k/ was a lays little strange.

>I also had a /k/ommando friend who would come over just to take a shit.

Normalfags don't know shit about tech. They buy whatever is trending and the extent of their knowledge is it just werks
Normalfag "tech savvy" is owning a DSLR camera and knowing how to move sliders in photoshop/lightroom

What choice do you have when you are from the most autistic board and live in a bunker?

Yup. Even when a product is both free and great, it's like pulling teeth to get them to use it. My friend can't afford phone service regularly, and insists on using PlayStation Messages or Facebook Messenger app in order to keep in touch with others. It literally took me going to his house, taking his phone, and setting up his Wire account to get him to install it, even though he was constantly bitching about me not setting up a a Facebook account and installing Facebook Messenger or setting up a PSN account and installing PS Messages just so he could message me.

Even though he can call/text/video call me at any time now, he still bitches that I won't use Facebook Messenger. Apparently, Wire is "slowing down his phone." He uses a Galaxy Grand Prime.

>He uses a Galaxy Grand Prime.
Tell him to get a chinkphone that can use lineage. $100-200 can get him a decent one with over 3gb ram, and a snapdragon 808, or newer. Metropcs, tmobile has cheap unlimited* prepaid. He can even fagbook allday with a fast cheap phone.

Maybe you didn't hear me. The dude can't afford to keep his phone on most of the time. He literally can't afford Straight Talk.

>Maybe you didn't hear me. The dude can't afford to keep his phone on most of the time. He literally can't afford Straight Talk.
That sucks man. Seems rough.

Your friend needs to get his life in order. Is he a student or physically crippled? I can't think of many more reasons to be that destitute.

Nope. He's a Quality Control dude at an industry. For whatever reason, he wants to buy cars new. His monthly car payment is more than his rent. Not exaggerating.

Not saying that I kno what's best for your friend, but maybe he should sell his playstation, and other toys, and get a cheap thinkpad + cheap smartphone + service, a bus pass, and a suit.

It's just poor financial decisions, and not unemployment. Well I guess he made his bed, and he's willing to lay in it.

Honestly my heart strings were getting pulled, and I was about to ask you how to send him a thinkpad, and phone, because I know how being broke is.

No bus goes to his work (it's about 5 miles out of town, in the middle of nowhere). He has no pc at all. His smartphone is cheap. A suit would not help him at all.

Agreed. Doesn't help that the dude drinks a 12 pack of Budweiser per day at minimum. Or that he has 2 dogs - a great dane/pitbull mix and a half-wolf. I'm sure they put away the food, too.

Nah. He makes as much money as I do. He just pisses it away on stupid shit.

Also, by Playstation, I mean a PS3 Super Slim that he got for 100 dollars in 2013.

Good to know. I went from feeling sorry for him to actually slightly admiring the fact that he's just doing hat he wants to, and living by his choices. Dude wants that fancy car, and he got it even though it puts a strain on his life.

And he pays 600 bucks per month for it, and will continue to do so for the next 9 years. Meanwhile, his rent is 350 per month.

I'm not one to judge someone by their life choices, unless they expect me to bend over backwards so that they have to feel as though they are sacrificing anything.

>be 13-17
>no car
>bum fuck middle of no where
>parents dead beat bums, powers out middle of no where -10 outside
>choppin dat fiya wood
>sweaty, goto take shower
>nofuggingwater
>least the internets on

Two years. Fuck having poor parents and no transportation to get a job. Yeah, being poor sucks, fortunately it's piss easy to change if it's just you and at most one other you're trying to provide for.

ITT: people who have "friends"

consumerism