Proprietary software

My fucking users are revolting becouse they want some goddamn adobe reader instead of SumatraPDF and microsoft office instead of LibreOffice.

They dont even have any valid reasons, they want it 'just becouse'.

Im reducing software with malicious features as much as possible wherever possible.
How do i avoid letting users use proprietary software without getting fired?

>...ME

I can understand thepdf one but libreoffice is 10 years behind office. If they're doing intensive spreadsheet stuff nothing is better than excel and if you think otherwise you're dead wrong

MS Office is way more intuitive than Libre.

They are not.
They are using word to send screenshots to each other.
They literally paste screenshots to writer (word) documents and send them that way.

Does your company even have sufficient licenses for microbenis office (a version still actively supported by MS)?
If not, you mention this and tell them to piss off. Your company shouldn't waste a fortune of office licenses because some faggots -who need MS Word to paste bmps into them- refuse to adapt.

The real question is why in the fuck do you care in the first place? If you're responsible for the software on your system, you'd better provide what they want. Your job, quite literally, depends on it. Their wants outweigh your personal politics unless you have a really good reason why they shouldn't.
You could go to your boss and explain why you don't agree with the demand, but that's going to involve you regurgitating a bunch of computer hippie GNU philosophy crap. This carries the potential to get you canned on the spot, as your boss wonders why/how he hired a complete fucking retard. Doubly so if your boss has absolutely no clue what you're rambling on about while the spaghetti coats the office floor.
Do whatever the fuck you want on your own machines. Involve yourself with whatever tech politics you want, on your own equipment and your own time.

This desu

You're the guy in charge. Tell your bossman how much money you're saving, they love this.
If the bossman is part of the crowd throwing a fit, and he uses the office suite at the same level as the other users, comply and sell him a google ultron license.

>Tell your bossman how much money you're saving, they love this.
This does fuck-all unless his bossman also happens to be the person handling the budget, which is doubtful. Even then, the eventual user revolt will eventually "justify" the cost of whatever proprietary software they want in both efficient use of payroll hours and the dramatic decrease in whining.

We live in 3rd world country so we obviously pirate everything

Its mostly just my hippie GNU philosophy crap, but also i hate fighting with cracks, expiring trial licenses, rolling back clocks, etc.

Boss actually does not care at all.

It's a bait thread, OP is trolling.

Ahh, well I'll leave him to it then.

What do you mean by "your users"?

Well excuse me, all my office experience comes from reading dilbert. I recognise the wrong I've done.

Don't read or touch anything made by drumpftards.

>desu
Fuck off pedo

People that use computers that i later have to fix in our company.

scott adams is a drumpftard?
I just read the daily strip by rss man, I don't follow the efame drama.

>and microsoft office instead of LibreOffice

What the fuck did you expect?

>drumpftard

How far behind can one word processor really be-- and how far have the really come in 10 years?

>reading comprehension
he said it, I expressed incomprehension at his reply.

>all customers use shitty webapps
>mfw gnu slash loonix plus ubunchu plus gnu Mozilla plus Firefox
>mfw no more broken systems and all i do is jerking off

I believe user was making a joke.
The core of MS office has seen basically no change in a decade. They just change the interface around a bit, put in some more spyware and call it a release.

Unless they're complaining about Calc (which is not on pair in performance with Excel), then just ignore them.

>what is "word filter"
Fuck off newfag

Just say no, those people are idiots. When customers ask me to give them that stuff I just tell them that the true cost of proprietary software is much larger than they think it is. I raise my price by 4-5x and that usually gets them to fuck off.

LMAO, third world monkeys can't even afford ms office

>Boss actually does not care at all.
There you go. You did your job, if the other monkeys in your zoo don't like it they can fuck off. It's not your problem.

how about you do your job instead of waging a betamale software ethics crusade nobody else in your workplace obviously gives a fuck about