Why is there a worldwide jewish plot against this little guy?

Why is there a worldwide jewish plot against this little guy?

Because there are better options in 2017.

I would be perfectly fine with USB based audio only, but the fact phones are only given a single USB type-C port ruins this. Give me two USB type-C ports, one for charging, the other can be used for USB audio devices, or even just USB type-C to TRS analog passthrough.

There isnt, Its just companies like apple trying to make you spunk nearly £100 or $95 whatever for those shitty wireless things.

Why is that better in any way?

Several companies are following after apple. I was interested in the Essential until I found out it too ditched the headphone jack

USB type-C has analog audio passthrough as part of the specification.

Because USB type-C can be used for anything.

You with two ports you're not limited to charging OR headphones(or speakers, or any other USB device for that matter).

If a phone doesn't have a headphone jack and it only has a single USB type-C connection, i wont be buying it. Simple as that.

And they will fail. I depends on us guys. Do noy buy that shit! Keep 3.5mm alive

>after apple
apple wasn't the first to do this just, so you know.

Why would you want to use a dongle though

a good premium jack is nearly indestructible

they just want you to rekt your usb faster

Because I can just buy USB headphones if I don't want to use an adapter.

Further, if my budget allows I can buy REALLY nice USB headphones that have a built in DAC much higher quality than what a phone would have.

The point remains, USB can be used for anything, including normal analog headphones with a small adapter.

My ONLY issue with ditching the 3.5mm is if you're doing that I simply CANNOT live with a SINGLE USB connection.

I want to charge my device AND use a peripheral (like headphones). and if I can't do that, I wont buy it.

It doesn't matter, everyone already thinks they did

Well sure, nor will I, but why not one USB and one 3.5mm headphone jack? I can't recall ever needing two USB ports on a mobile device

>headphones don't really get old, if you bought a decent pair 20 years ago chances are you can still use them with your phone, PC or laptop
>USB can be changed on a whim making your headphones useless and forcing you to get a new pair

I wonder why, indeed

But they didn't, and the only reason the other company ditched the 3.5mm was to save shekels, and pass on the savings to their customers.
Apple isn't passing on the savings, so why did they do it?

apple is never the first to do anything, just the most vocal about it, and the apple sheeple eat it up

they were literally defending the idea of removing the headphone jack

Why would I want 2 universal ports instead of a single universal port and a port that only does 1 thing?

Uhhhh maybe because I don't know what i'll be using my phone for in 2 years and having a phone that can accept multiple USB devices is far more future proof than one that can't.

The pure fact USB type-C can act as 3.5mm without anything but a passive adapter would make it 100% a non-issue for me.

For muh innovation and wireless lifestyle aka to push their shitty bt headphones

It's because the Big Dongle keeps lobbying for reduction of ports and more dongles. The dongle industry is right now more powerful than ever. Expect having to buy more mandatory dongles to do basic functions that previously didn't require a dongle. Anyone denying this is a dongle industry shill.

Name one phone that has it implemented and doesn't just put a [tiny and shitty] DAC in the dongle.

ADAPTER
IT IS CALLED A FUCKING ADAPTER
STOP CALLING ADAPTERS DONGLES
A DONGLE IS A USB DEVICE, LIKE PIC RELATED
AN ADAPTER *ADAPTS* ONE PORT FOR ANOTHER KIND OF CONNECTION

THIS IS A FUCKING TECH BOARD, NOT A VIDEO FROM THE VERGE WHERE THEY CALL EVERYTHING A FUCKING DONGLE.

Say we have two usb-c ports in the phone.
How is usb-c better than jack?
Nobody holds patents to the jack, it is used everywhere and it is easy to implement, so what benefits are there to using usb-c?
The adapter could be a power bank / DAC that sounded better and improved the quality a bit, but why not just throw a good DAC in the phone?
Some will make headphones that have the DAC directly in the cans, but what good does that do?

I'm not saying a phone out there exists that meets my requirements, just the technology exists and it should be implemented.

The extra bulk from the adapter would get annoying, especially if you're out running, for one thing
For another, there's nothing major I've heard about that people are developing for mobiles that requires USB, so if you need anything it'll be much further down the line than two years, by which point you'll probably have a new phone that will probably have installed a new port

why is it that the black dongles are always so much bigger than the white dongles?

as to why ? maybe cost ? patents ? maybe they got sick of having to develop high end shit for picky audiophiles and decided to 3rd party it

whatever they did they fucked up big time... their flagship model can only do losssy mp4 ad2p wireless and cant even do lossless 16bit apt-x let alone sonys 24bit ldac wireless

they fucked up so bad... i cycle in jeans and that fucking lightning dongle doesnt last more than a month... i sold my iphone 7 and went back to my jb iphone 6 ... im a professional and invested my life in lossless and wires and bought every iphone since the first and my 6 will be the last

YOU FUCKED APPLE.....REEEEEEEE

Wouldn't it create nasty interference if you attempted to charge and listen to music at the same time?
>triggered by dongles
Where have I seen it before.

Normies think real life is the Minority Report and that all technology has to be smooth and paper thin. That's literally the only reason, to make it thinner.

>so what benefits are there to using usb-c?
because I can use it for anything that is USB, not JUST headphones.

Sure if you JUST want headphones, 3.5mm is obviously going to work fine.

Maybe you want to use your phone as an ethernet bridge for a laptop? Ethernet to USB type-C into the phone, the USB type-C from the phone to your laptop.
Done.

Maybe you're at a party and want to play some music but the sound system they have set up is working through a USB DAC, boom, just plug it in.

USB mass storage? Etc. Any USB device OR headphones, and it can all be done while it's charging on the 2nd connection.

u mad blacc boi?

False. The thinnest phone has a headphone jack, and iPhone 7 is THICKER than iPhone 6.

why not go to the 2.5mm jack that was introduced in the early 2000's then?

Because its large, outdated, and holding devices back.

So sick of this autistic argument.

Ask yourself how often you charge and have headphones in on a MODERN DEVICE. These things charge fast, and this scenario is rare.

We get it, you're afraid of change.

>Ask yourself how often you charge and have headphones in on a MODERN DEVICE. These things charge fast, and this scenario is rare.
speak for yourself normie faggot

I have a desk job, I like to use my phone for music at work. I also like to keep my phone charged when at work, so when I come in for the day I set my phone down, plug it in to charge, and then plug in my headphones and play music while it sits there on the charger all day so when I leave my phone is sitting at 100%.

It won't die anytime soon, just you won't see them on ultra-normalfag devices.

For a similar case, look at PS/2. Considered obsolete since forever and the latest miner pro mobo has them.

>Ask yourself how often you charge and have headphones in on a MODERN DEVICE
every day during my commute, and occasionally at night if I want to turn some music on in my bedroom

batteries on phones degrade so quickly, especially apple devices, that if you are streaming music on it, you'll deplete a 6-month old battery in a matter of a couple of hours

inb4 >bluetooth
not everything has bluetooth and why should I buy a 3.5mm bluetooth adapter (that also needs to be charged) when I can just plug my 3.5mm in my phone?

DRM

you will only be able to connect (((approved))) devices to listen to.

Trying to push people to buy Bluetooth headphones and sell proprietary converters

is that your anus??

this

>Ask yourself how often you charge and have headphones in on a MODERN DEVICE.
Every night.

Fucking this, just because you remove the 3.5mm jack doesn't mean you have to limit functionality. Adding another USB type-C port adds a TON of potential function that simply doesn't exist with 3.5mm.

I agree, getting rid of 3.5mm for bluetooth is fucking retarded, but I have no problems if it's replaced with something like USB type-C that is far more useful than a single use port like 3.5mm TRS.

Nonsensical problems tend to lead to nonsensical solutions
In Apple's case it's also an excuse to sell their hipster cult more ebin donglez, or a pair of wireless earbuds if they are sufficiently pious.

>Invested my life in lossless
>lossless
>Iphone 6 + KZ Ate
Pathetic.

>tfw no phone with superior XLR

it's too durable. The industry needs something they can reliably break, through planned obsolescence, so the consumer is forced to buy a new product after a set amount of time.

>dongle intensifies

name the watchneggro

Everyday at work since my phone doesn't last a full charge

>in car for ride home
>phone battery 5%
>have to choose between music for 5 mins and having no phone after or sitting in dead silence
>girl laughs at u for using a dongle

hmmmmmm

>not having a car radio
>especially when most of the new ones support playing music from usb

daily reminder to gas all hmmmmposters

...you realize my entire argument is for TWO USB type-C ports...right?

I would never be caught in that situation you poor faggot.

Simple: there's dumb fucks that will buy phones without a headphone jack and smack down money to get dongles to be able to do so.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

How is having two USBs going to cut down costs at all? Specially if you're just using one of them for audio?

>he thinks the car's USB port can charge at 2.1amps AND stream music
nice try

Wireless headphones are the future goy.

Btw please buy our fastcharge powerbank

I apologize for driving a c6 corvette, the radio is antiquated as fuck but yea I'm not getting a new stereo system to accommodate my phones lacking features.

There will never be 2 usb ports in a phone, you should drop that idea now.

...wut? I don't care about the cost. I just want two USB ports so i can use it for whatever the fuck i want, including headphones.

Hell you could probably even rig it to super fast charge if you plugged it into two power sources.

>2 USB-C ports on one phone
The fuck is wrong with you people, this is why people with your level of creativity sit in your room on your computer all day and aren't making money

because its analog and DRM cant be implemented as easily over an Analog connection
see: video signals and HDMI DRM on shit like the PS3

But seriously though, we need to make wireless headphones a non-shit tech.

If we could make one with 90 hours of playback (enough for 3 hours a day for a month) that had a display telling you how much battery life is left, and charged in 30 minutes - I would be so fucking happy.

how to achieve this: attach a pair of earbuds (low power) with a giantass battery pack headphone band (shits got like 8 batteries in it)

waiting for the concept art

2 is better than 1.
And USB type-c does have analog pass through for audio in the specification. No reason it wouldn't work besides chipset support currently.

I dont think any exists that would allow for 2 USB type-C ports and their requisite bandwidth requirements.

I could see it being possible in a few years though, especially on something like the Galaxy Note series which tries to set itself apart with higher end niche features that appeal to professionals.

IDK about you, but a smartphone that can act as a network hub or similar for legacy hardware using USB to ethernet would be amazing for tons in the tech industry.

just use a usb hub you fucking wanker

This.

Shame micro USB is dogshit the only upside of usb c is it's more stronk

even a generic chink jack lasts pretty much forever.

Didn't someone on YouTube tear a dongle open and found a DAC inside anyway?

The problem is that batteries haven't really gotten better overtime like how the rest of technology has. If you want longer lasting battery then you have to settle for bulkier headphone design

Actually just 1 AA rechargeable battery already contains 3 Whr of capacity, which is already ~10X the capacity most 100mAh 1.3v (0.12 Whr) that are rated up to 6-8 hours of music playback.

If someone designed headphones with an AA battery slot on each side you would now have ~120-160 hours of music playback.

Unfortunately this would add about 60 grams of weight though I have trouble determine of that's significant or not.

Because the Jews can't restrict what is transferred from this port. They can't make the headphones reject playing pirated media.

Hmmm I think my math is wrong...

Can someone help me out?

single AA rechargeable battery: up to 1.5V, 2550 mAh

typical bluetooth headphone battery: not sure anymore desu (but equals like 6-8 hours of music playback).

with wireless charging, you wont need a headphone jack anyway

Yes but solar charging is still ~20% max efficiency for cheap solar panels and for 1 inch of said solar panel you can probably only produce 1Whr of electricity, per month.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

I sniff huff paint, okay?

Most Bluetooth headphones would use 3.7 volt lithium maybe around 200mah (0.74WH) or so for like the LG Tone style, its going to be less for earbud style.
Rechargeable AA is going to be around 1.2v 2500mah (3wh) for a top brand.
So a single AA is going to have over triple the run time at the cost of it's alot more bulk

i like the sound of multiple usb ports. on mobile devices

I know the samsung earbuds only have 50mah batteries and know personally they last for 90 minutes while streaming typically, 120 minutes when using onboard storage. I can't find the battery information for the airpods, apple lists "time" for their battery size on their website (everywhere), and from 2nd hand knowledge (my brother) they last between 90 to 120 minutes depending on pandora vs podcasts, so I'd say also in the 50mah range

the other ones (like jaybirds) might have 100mah batteries and last for 3-5 hours I'd say

I had some over the ears bluetooth headphones that used 1 AAA battery and lasted me 5 hours, which I think is typical for most over headphones even with built in batteries (eg Bose) so probably 1500-2000mah. You have to remember, they're pushing larger drivers, so it'll deplete faster than tiny earbuds.

>one running at 3.7v
>other is 1.2v
you'd have to get a pack of AA (at least 3) to meet the power requirements

>90 minutes
that's pathetic

Maybe if your are trying to use AA on what is normally a lithium powered headphones at that point you just need some sort of boost converter which would not take much off the run time of the device.
Of course you can just design a Bluetooth headset to run off any battery voltage you want

both come with storage packs that have 300mah batteries to recharge them, they take about 30 minutes to recharge. the issue I had with the iconX (which is why I returned them) they would discharge the storage unit while not in use so I got at most 2 uses from them, instead of the proposed 5; the airpods don't have the same issue, but he only gets 3 uses out of his before needing to recharge. Mine are dead after 3 days regardless of use, while his lasts for a week w/o charging. Might just be a defect in mine, personally

you also have to remember the size, these things are small enough to fit in your ear (size of a watch battery). airpods are actually more disappointing since they decided to include that long shaft yet don't have bigger batteries or on-board storage

I've using bluetooth headphones since phones got the technology and with the psp go, never been comfier than this

This means big business for both mobile and headphone manufacturers.

>have 2 USB ports on a phone
>plug 2 chargers for faster charging
>????
>profit

you're not thinking outside the box

>port 1 plug usb-c to usb adapter in
>port 2 plug usb-c charger cord into usb adapter's other end
self charging phone

I transfer all my data and WiFi tethring shit wirelessly. The 3.5mm port is the only one I find any use for on my wirelessly charging phone. The guy that asks for two USB ports is insane, that port is already useless. Just keep the universal audio port so your pocket device can use any headphones on the market. Cut everything else out.

>Sup Forumstards actually believe this

it's just manufacturers trying to make phones as slim as possible because normalfags dig that shit.

I'm so glad they didn't try the 1.5mm jack because BOY DOES IT SUCK. Nokia tried it last decade and it was a disaster. It kept disconnecting for no reason and it broke YEARS before the actual phone.

> 1.5mm jack
> Nokia tried it last decade
Yep. For me, the only thing that died were adapters.

>universal audio port
>only works with TRS or TRRS in 3.5mm size
wow so universal.

Sure glad we wont have multiple 10gbps ports that can support 4k 60fps output or ethernet, or analog audio pass through. Yeah, you're right, that thing's dead on arrival. Pfft.

check'em

I would be ok without it if they made phones with 2 usb c ports

Usb-c doesn't rotate, but jack does.

yes, you've discovered the difference between a circle and a rectangle.

because then you have to rebuy all your shit again every time apple updates something

see: every ihome-buying cuck since like 2002

>A DONGLE IS A USB DEVICE, LIKE PIC RELATED
U wut m8?

Right? Mum would be so proud if she saw me now.

My point was obviously that jack is more comfortable and less susceptible to wear and tear.

>Give me a digital signal I then have to convert to analog instead of an analog output
Autism

Ehhhh, it's still a long post sticking into a small hole, and a lot of times sticking straight up and out unless you get an L shaped adapter or your headphones are built that way already, so you can already put plenty of wear on the port as it is already designed, that's how my LG G2 started to first fuck up, the headphone port got loose as fuck and wouldn't keep a connection to the post making the audio cut out all the time.

At least USB type-c is reversible and has far more potential uses beyond just as a headphone jack.