/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190
youtube.com/watch?v=gQA6T5ijuX0
head-fi.org/threads/schiit-fulla-2-impressions-thread.828228/page-90
monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567
amazon.com/Monoprice-111567-Desktop-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00KVVX2QW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503522724&sr=1-1&keywords=monoprice dac
youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg
head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/765#post_10463052
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DAC/AMP for ath ad700x?

Sennheiser HD 600

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Dumb Sennheiser poster OP

Sennheiser? More like Sennperior.

Hey guys. I want to buy some used headphones from other country in EU and I offered seller to pay via PayPal so it will be more or less safe for me and him. He answered he will accept payment only via PayPal Friends and Family program but as I understand it means that transaction will be just a gift without any responsibilities from his end. Also he wrote me "People refund-scam through paypal if not paid via family and friends.".
Is he paranoiac or he just wants to get my monies without shipping me the headphones?

K712 > HD600

They don't call 'em Snapheiser for nothin', user

You can't just refund for no reason and get your money back on Paypal, he's trying to scam you

No, he is right but I would not risk it anyway if I were you. Generally paypal sides with seller so people are afraid of getting fucked when selling.
Unless it's some crazy good deal and the guy you are buying from is someone who you can trust.

Pay him with HD 600s. See if he responds

>I hated
>hated
He doesn't have them anymore esl-user.

Only if your name is Quensharterious.

>Be user
>Replace headphones
>Still keep them, but no longer use them
>This. I hated mine.

If he still had them it'd be I hate mine.

>Implying user didn't mean I hated (using) mine

So I need the best IEMs right now, best options?

Etymotic er4s or er-4xr if you want more bass.

Heir audio 4ais are also excellent

Beyerdynamic DT990, Hifiman HE-4xx/HE-400i/HE-400s, Monoprice M1060, Audio Technica ATH-AD900x

Welcome back

Am user from last thread. Want to thank you again for the recommendation; just joined the HE-4XX Massdrop

I posted in the last thread though.

No you didn't.

I didn't notice

Well, soon. Not yet, but planning to. They're a steal, but i'm going to have to wait

Those are not IEMs.

Then save up and buy HD 600s

No worries

I've owned HD650 already and moved passed them, no thanks.

HD580

>Being this poorfag
>Not buying HD 600s
Faggot

superlux hd668b yay or nay?

Literally save $10 for the SHP9500S. That headband sucks and isn't comfy

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

>it's a proving dacs sound the same except for schiits because they use their own filters episode

youtube.com/watch?v=gQA6T5ijuX0

I already got it, I was just wondering what people thought about it. I got it for 30$ from Aliexpress with no shipping fee. I don't live in US, so buying the one you linked would cost me about 80 with shipping import fees.

HD 600

They're nice headphones for $30, but that headband isn't comfy in the slightest, or at least for my head.

westone w60

>Get tired of sweaty ears from extended headphone use
>Decide to treat myself to some Kanto YU6 speakers
>Get my room placement all set up
>They don't sound nearly as good as my Fidelio X2 headphones

I didn't expect the audio to be as good as headphones but shit I didn't expect the difference to be to stark either

retard Q here - should i use my fiio e10k or should i just plug my headphones into the mobo? i got one of them fancy high end ones with supposedly good sound.

Motherboard

thanks

i also realized how extra retarded that Q was i should just test it out myself lmfao

im retarded

>Kanto

That's why.

scam as fuck

Even if I got some high end shit they wouldn't rival my fidelios..
Welp, on ebay they go

He just answered me saying "You seem like a trustworthy person, so I will accept paypal (goods) as payment but i'd like to ask for 5€ shipping fee.".

>Speakers
>Not rivaling headphones
Grab better speakers, user

Kanto is notoriously overpriced. Should have went with the JBL lsr305 or emotiva airmotiv line.

>studio monitors
I'm not mixing im listening

Yeah get yourself some fancy wooden boxes with "warm" sound and don't forget to match an amp (better if tube) with them so you will get full audiophool experience.

>implying there's a difference
>Implying Kanto isn't shit tier

Hello, I am a relative newcomer to the headphone hobby, and I would like to purchase a amp, dac, or combo. I have been looking at schiit. Question is, should I go for the Magni Uber or Modi Uber first, or go for the Fulla 2 Instead? Mind you, If I get the Magni Uber or Modi 2 Uber, I will only be able to get one, due to my budget? So, which should I get? Thank You!

Absolutely depends on what headphone(s) you're using.

No. You haven't bought into the dynamic meme fully yet, so buy a Stax system from yahoo jp.

Budget: ~$110
US
Source: standard aux
full-sized, open
I would like them to be comfortable

hey /hpg/, is the beyerdynamics dt770 pro 250 ohm edition a good deal at $100?

Phillips shp9500s

This. They're $50 on Newegg.com right now

Thats a solid price as long as you're okay with v shaped headphones.

I am using the Fidelio X2s

yeah, I want some close cans for my nigga music, I currently have the fidelio x2s but they aren't as rich in bass as some people say, another question, whats a cheap but solid amp to run them?

The fulla 2 should be plenty for those. Also consider the monoprice dac/amp if it's still on sale

Why do you need Uber versions?

The lord thy god in heaven hath given me his blessing to lead ye wretched sinners away from the ignorant lies and injustice of these cursed blasphemers so that you need not languish in torment for hearing the foul cacophanies of your heathen 'phones.

I'm here to tell you boys that the way out of the bottle is clear, and that the true path into righteousness and eternal life points to itself. And that truth, o' my blessed brothers, is the Sennheiser HD600. Now go, go and thank the mighty father who sheds the blood of his only son that you might be shown his mercy for gifting thee with such a majestic and awesome way to receive his rapture.

Fulla 2 or the monoprice dac/amp if it's still on sale.

>fulla 2
Are you retarded or what? Have you even seen how many of them have QC issues?
head-fi.org/threads/schiit-fulla-2-impressions-thread.828228/page-90
Stop shilling this piece of shit product. Even MDA is much better and it has over 100% added price on it.

Which amp/dac is the monoprice one?

Mostly seems to be scratchy pot issues which mine has but doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567

This badboy right here. Sadly it's not on sale anymore but its still a solid amp

So for driving a Fidelio X2, is this any good?
amazon.com/Monoprice-111567-Desktop-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00KVVX2QW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503522724&sr=1-1&keywords=monoprice dac
Or should I get the Fulla 2? or are there better options for cheaper?

There's also the design flaw of making obnoxious loud popping noises upon connection/disconnection.

When did you realise that single dynamic is the master race for IEMs and armatures are a tinny meme?

I don't see why they're recommended when O2 and G103 are available.

It escapes me that Schiit are taken seriously after we have video footage of one of their older products dumping DC and wrecking a K701.

People like the Reddit humor in their website. Schiit is a Reddit brand, through and through.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

$15 chink IEM out of my $150 chink smartphone.

Anything higher is placebo autism. Chi-fi has utterly deprecated western audio.

>It escapes me that Schiit are taken seriously after we have video footage of one of their older products dumping DC and wrecking a K701.
Bullshit. Undamaged.

Mine makes a bit of a click when plugged in but nothing obnoxious or damaging. The click when I turn on my AV receiver is louder.

>$150 dap which bundles a dac+amp
>$15 iem
Christ.

Liar.

youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg

Why is a company that does this tolerated?

$3 burrito from del taco. Anything higher is placebo autism. Fastfood has utterly deprecated fine dining.

Depends on what your comparison is. The best BA designed are multi-way with properly designed crossovers. I've never had issues with bass before.

Because Schiit has a nice marketing team and shills all over the internet.

false equivalence

>go to schiit website
>durr made in USA xdd, what is economics

Dropped, what a meme company.

Damage where? I don't see any damage.
BTW, for the actual story,
head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/765#post_10463052

This is true, but only if you are professional Equalizer (like me), and can EQ your $3 chinkshit earbuds to sound like HD800.

Shit's sensitive as hell, you'll be fine with a fine.
Shit needs new pads ASAP. Headband isn't the comfiest but it functions. Fat ass midbass and lacks some subbass. Treble can be fatiguing to some, I'm not bothered by it.
AD700X/900X
SHP9500

That flexing can permanently alter the behaviour of the driver. Deformation of tweeter drivers is good cause for them being immediately thrown out. AKG won't honour warranty if they get word of this behaviour. But you're being facetious.

Minor issue on the very first product they sold, that was handled well by the company, which stopped shipments and fixed the whole stock adding protection relays, also fixing for free the already distributed devices, or refunding if so wished. No actual destroyed devices.
Every company will fuck something up sooner or later and this was their first product. It's more about how they deal with these situations; They did well.

based Schiit

I know this post is ironic, but people actually believe slightly less exaggerated versions of this shit. The idea that equilization can bridge a $50, $100 or sometimes even 100s of $ gap in hardware is only possibly rooted in the conspiratorial delusion that the headphone industry is one big collusive placebo scheme.

Where did this meme start?

fuck off shill

Go away, NwAvGuy.

ok, I fell for the meme
What else do I need? Do I really need a DAC/AMP? they are too expensive

This fuckup is a product of incompetence and stupidity, not an unpredictable exigency. It puts schiit into shady B or C tier vendor list where there are plenty of A tier brands like Lake People to select from.

Probably Rin Choi. He once posted a research paper stating that any driver can be equalized to another given certain limitations like distortion.

I don't believe that an AD700 can be EQed into a Stax Lambda.

There being a difference between amplification volume level and quality is complete snake oil, right?

What's with the HD600 shitposting lately