youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gaming support is actually much better these days

are u jelly because we have tux racer?

Show me one good game on Linux

>pro tip you can't

Time to go back to Sup Forums.

/thread

what about tux racer? I think it is better than most tripple A games.

is Sup Forums for nVidya

So Sup Forumsamers, how do I play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on linux?

there are lot of good games on GNU/Linux but you have to install Steam to play them and Steam is proprietory and anti-consumer software which means that you have to be retarded to install it on Linux.

you dont. play tux racer instead

play0ad.com/

store.steampowered.com/search/?os=linux&filter=topsellers

That said, if you want a decent FOSS game, try Zero-K (Spring RTS engine). Better than PA and SupCom.

you watch it on juwtube and read about it in magazines

linux is not aimed at games but games is one of the things you can also do

What about all the games for Android?

Super Tux Kart

if you don't think that's the tightest shit then get out of my face

The one you posted

Adults don't use their computer for games. If you really want more games on Linux, write your own.

Why are people still saying this when Steam is a thing? Unless you're really into AAA garbage, the selection surprisingly good.

Pasta but relevant, i hope someone interested in trying linux may find it useful:
Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

Enter the Gungeon, Hotline Miami, Heavy Bullets, and that's just three off the top of my head. Oh, and Darkest Dungeon, XCOM 1 and 2, Skullgirls, Crates-Skins: Gay Openings...but not the latest Call of Do Fight Yeah, which is all you care about.

Also Darwinia, Multiwinia, Sky Rogue, Uplink, I Am the Hero, Eldritch, Crawl, Frozen Synapse, and Dust: An Elysian Tail. But those are more indie titles, and indie doesn't count because reasons.

Xonotic

>forgetting liquid wars

>including faggot fests like skullgirls and hotline miami

Come on. Also classics like Scorched Earth. All the good games are on Linux, baby.

Skullgirls is on there because that's the game where I first learned of Street Fighter 3 Alpha-style parrying. Hotline Miami is mostly an exercise in how to make a game that's got lots of cheap deaths but is still enjoyable. Also the knife fight with the motorcycle helmet guy is one of my favorite bossfights.

I've been enjoying Linux as a secondary OS but getting even steam games to run has been the biggest pain in the ass I've experienced the whole time using it

Hotline Miami is a bad cannon fodder ripoff. Don't ever talk about that shit again.

Tell me about this 'cannon fodder' that it ripped off. I want to know more.

Fucking nigger, why don't you use tools and educate yourself- tool.

>Hotline Miami is a bad cannon fodder ripoff

You are legitimately fucking retarded.

>google it
>it's a top-down strategy game with five squaddies versus an army
The only similarity is that people die in one shot and that's not even true in some parts of Hotline Miami.

tfw Frozen Synapse 2 is the only game I really give a fuck about.

Mainstream gaming is a fucking joke, btw.

>frozen synapse
Mah nigga.

It's a poorly inspired clone of cannon fodder and you like it because you're children.

NEXT

No, it's a top-down game with shooting occasionally in it and because you've never played it you don't understand what we're talking about. There's not even any explosives in the game save for *one* level. 90% of the combat is pure melee because guns are too risky. You *never* control more than one character. Unless you were playing Cannon Fodder in a very unorthodox way, there's next to no similarity.

>oh no my memories of my super cool summer are all bullshit because I was a fag the whole time and hotline miami is a derivative shitfest of something WAY superior
ah to be 12 again... now run along little doggy.

Stop shitposting, faggot. Top-down shoot-em-up does not equal top-down beat-em-up.