Respondus LockDown Browser

Hello Sup Forums, hoping your knowledge can help me.
Transferred to a new school, and one of the classes require us to take the tests at the testing center using Respondus LockDown Browser.
Is there a way around this browser, can I make them think I'm using the browser yet still be at home minding my own business?
Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if this is the correct board.

Just don't bother, respondus does a pretty good job at locking down any attempt to work around it, almost malware-like to be honest.

Some google-fu will get you what you want. VMs don't work, i've tried.

Also, nice try Respondus, you aint gonna get any help patching your shit software.

It's just not worth fucking with. I had to use it for some tests at home, so I ran Respondus on my desktop, and cheated my ass off with my laptop.

HAH no. This shit might as well be malware. It can determine if it's in a VM, it won't let you take a test if your IP address doesn't match the assigned range, and the prof can take control of your webcam and see your screen while you're taking the test.

No way, it's fucking malware at that point. I'd rather take the test there on paper then run that shit.

>run it one one machine, cheat on the other
right answer.

>Hello Sup Forums
There is no better indicator of utter newfaggotry than this.

The problem here lies in Respondus WebCam, which as pointed out presents an issue. Get creative with your screen positioning. Perhaps put a mouse and keyboard underneath your working desk, and assign another monitor behind your primary one. If you make it obvious that you are looking up at another screen however, you'll obviously come under scrutiny.

Disable webcam in bios or unplug

holy fuck, just study for your goddamned tests

Run it on a machine with no webcam? There's a lot of those, desktops especially.

be like any reasonable adult and put a sticky note over your lens.

A webcam may be required. If a webcam isn't required though, this would work well. I assume that if you're in a center for testing, the "use another set of mouse and keyboard along with a monitor" isn't going to work for obvious reasons.

>take test that requires you to use webcam
>somehow disabling/covering webcam is totally fine and not sketchy at all
Do you guys get paid to be this stupid?

run it in a virtual machine and unlock the mouse in-window

>uh professor I don't have webcams at home, and on my old thonkpad I bring to class I dropped it years ago and it doesn't even function now

What now professor malware?

Has VM detection. You could probably work around that if you're clever enough.

>Still using slurs based on sexuality

I think you're the new one here friend

You say that as if anyone cares about the "learning" aspect of this. Protip: nobody does. The people who want to learn and would do it regardless just resent the interference of school with their learning things. The rest of the people just need their "You're allowed to get a job interview now" ticket at the end of four years. The employers don't really particularly care about most of the knowledge supposedly imparted there, hence the emphasis on experience.

So yeah, people will cheat any way they can get away with. They'll collaborate when they're not supposed to, buy essays, and use secondary computers to avoid a testing application that can take screen captures. Because the "learning the material" thing is the least important part of college.

This is what I feared, it seems pretty damn secure and cheat-proof from what I read earlier.
Camera is mandatory and there's like 8 of them watching your movement, including eye.
Which is why I was wondering if I could simulate it at home somehow.

>fag is something regarding sexuality
I bet you kiss girls too, you faggot.

You should have read the fucking syllabus and seen that you need a webcam, you've had weeks to get one and even a cheap $20 one will work.

This, I'm sure the teacher won't notice this at all.

Get one with an adjustable lens and defocus it.

Tell them you can't afford a webcam. Might work in countries wirh free education.

Sitting in a dark room could also be useful

Ahead of time, record an hour of video of you reading things on a computer screen. Play this video on another screen in front of the webcam.

>Uh professor I can't do integrals because I never took anything more advanced than elementary arithmetic can you make the class easier?

No, you don't meet the prerequisites of the class and so you shouldn't be in Calc IV

>I don't have a webcam

Then you shouldn't be taking the class. You can't take the class if you don't meet the prerequisites and one of the prereqs in this class as outlined by the syllabus is you NEED a webcam.

Have a friend pretend to be you and take the test while you're in another room with another computer with TeamViewer and a wireless kb/mouse.

They usually make you show your ID. Good luck having a friend that looks almost exactly like you.

Smartphone or smaller tablet fastened to the middle of your monitor. If you can scroll enough to read and answer around the device of course
All you'd also need then is second keyboard and mouse. About as good of solution you're gonna get if they watching you and you can't get around the browser.

i work at a local pc repair shop and it's unreal how many fucking people do this

You're right
Thick paper taped over it is a better solution

Record yourself using the computer normally, play it back on another monitor and point the camera at that.

Use a VM, that's what I did

Does noone here have a monitor that supports the ability to display multiple inputs at once?
Or you could try to mirror a display and see the reflection on the monitor you're using without it showing up on the webcam and with like a USB port switch by your feet to switch computers you wouldn't need to make suspicious movements.

Had to use that shitty browser a few years ago. Debugged with IDA Pro to find how it detects VMs, turns out it looked for a processor name of "VBOX" for Virtual Box. I used a hex editor to find that value in the executable and replaced it with a random value, and VirtualBox worked after that.

This.
Or just have two monitors with the webcam clipped in the middle

Newest Logitech mice have software that allow the pointer to go seamlessly between two machines. Many monitors have picture-in-picture mode, or you can get one of those small chink displays for Raspberry Pi with HDMI input.

Gnu/Linux doesn't have this problem.

or they'll simply have hardware setup for you to take the online test in a school classroom

>get confronted
>tell highly jewish professor to suck my balls