Ventrilo 4

So, they finally released Ventrilo 4 after all these years. Think it has what it takes to compete with Discord, Teamspeak or Mumble?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3p_OuMW4bfE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dear God, tell me that's just a faggy skin, and not the default interface.

By "4" they mean 2004, right?

I can't find the server download link anywhere, anyone know how to test it?

When anti-freetards tell you that proprietary software has a polished and intuitive user experience, this is what they are talking about.

Talking about anti-free, I think they totally removed the ability to self host. It was bad before, only 8 users and no private chat, but at least you could host your own server.

Seriously, Vent users could get Mumble with Flagship's branding slapped on it and they'd probably think it's state of the art. It's been the best VoIP for years.
Gamers are retards that don't know what they want until a company tells them.

I don't see why they even bothered really, Mumble and Teamspeak own the entire server based voice chat market and are so much better.

yuck.

No way, that's not fucking it

>YFW ITS REAL

are you fucking joking? dead ass this has to be some late april fools joke or they went completely insane

what the fuck

>mfw

As I said, I have no idea why. I wish they would stop putting around and just release their source. I want my 2.3 with no DRM, Opus/Raw PCM codecs, and classic interface.

I guess it somehow still makes cash.

I suppose the future is entirely browser based WebRTC anyway /shrug

Vent is still popular with World of Warcraft players, and they stick with it because they know it.

Heck, most of the WoW players I am in contact with (as I play WoW) don't use Vent anymore, they are Discorders or Skypers.

I was working on a sort of backup function to keep my anime backed up between internal and external drives.
I realized today that robocopy does exactly what I wanted anyway.

Does this mean more leather belts?

bruh, look at this duuude

youtube.com/watch?v=3p_OuMW4bfE

GET OFF VENT OR I'LL HAVE YOU BENT