A French tourist was killed yesterday after falling into a river that goes under a thick ice cover...

A French tourist was killed yesterday after falling into a river that goes under a thick ice cover. Tourists in Iceland are frequently getting themselves into situations where they are either killed or in extreme danger. What the hell is going on? I think foreigners are completely out of touch with nature, they live in countries where it is perfectly safe to walk around in national parks and take this mindset here. Tell me about your country Sup Forums do people frequently get killed in the wilderness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ggFgiNeVJKY
theguardian.com/uk/2006/mar/07/spain.world
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/5970610/British-teenager-dies-in-mountain-accident-in-Spain.html
telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/8342922/British-expat-feared-dead-after-Spanish-avalanche.html
expatica.com/es/news/British-climber-falls-to-death-from-mountain_145637.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes,especially tourists

In Brazil, if foreigner dies in mysterious ways, the police simply reports he went hiking in the Amazonia and went missing.

Very efficient and clean way to get rid of foreigner.

You scare me, huebros

Ahhh

French tourists...when they're not cunts, they die like idiots

Foreigners routinely gets killed my emus and kangaroos here, you don't hear about it because the government and media covers it up, at least 3 cases per day.

doing stupid shit in our national parks is some sort of international pastime.

Europeans that come here seem blissfully unaware of concepts like "the bad side of town"

Also they go in the water at the beach and they can't fucking swim? Then the lifeguards have to end up rescuing these dumbasses from rip currents as we laugh at them as they try to sorta waddle straight back to shore

This isn't about Iceland but French tourists - they could drown even in Switzerland's seashore.

>I think foreigners are completely out of touch with nature, they live in countries where it is perfectly safe to walk around in national parks and take this mindset here.
I think you're correct. Urbanised people have no sence of security in the wilds. They're used to dangers that come from people and cars, not from rocks, water and snakes. They also react to natural food like those Youtube teens. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes gives me a tic.

t. Village person

>Tell me about your country Sup Forums do people frequently get killed in the wilderness?
I think it's hard to get killed in the British "wilderness".

Having said that, I rarely go outside the city or into the woods, because I'm scared of getting lost. I'll stay in my comfy city and not die of hypothermia or some shit, thank you very much.

Stupid unprepared toursits doing stupid shit is common as fuck

>Tell me about your country Sup Forums do people frequently get killed in the wilderness?

Yes, a hell fucking lot

172 deaths in mountain in 2012, 33 people disapearing, more than 6000 peoplewho got rescued (because they got an accident or were stuck somewhere)...

30% of the casualties in French mountains concern the Mont-Blanc alone. It's a fucking highway for tourists nowadays, and casual people think they can do it. You see batshit insane stuff like women trying to climb in skirt, people trying to climb with casual city shoes... 2 or 3 years ago some Austrian guy was angry as fuck because the mountaing guides forbade him to keep on going in casual clothing with his 7 year old child while he was completely convinced they could do it.

You can prevent people from being retarded, I guess...

Every area has a different kind of nature. A khoisan will not know its way around an iceberg, a polargook will not thrive in the desert. The trick is for tourists to prepare beforehand but they never do. Same thing with drug overdose here, but then completely different.

based iceland nature killing frogs.

>Stay off the moors

lmfao

RRRREEEEEEE

IT'S COLD

How close could you get to the top on a snowmobile?

>172 deaths in mountain in 2012
Only 150 deaths on mountain in 2015 though

I'm not sure about tourists but someone was found with a gunshot wound to his head far down a hiking trail pretty close to where I live

was thinking of doing the PCT but seems much too dangerous

don't forget the drop bears too, mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=ggFgiNeVJKY
skip to 1:20 for the best part

people, mostly tourists, get killed here every now and then when they get too close to the water and get taken out to sea by a wave.

there was controversy over whether it was a good idea to put up a big, ugly fence to stop people from being stupid. it didn't happen in the end

dropped my picture

Another dead French tourist? Why are French tourists so fucking dumb?

Oh my god, we're almost the same! The only difference is mystical creature will be the main character. Huehuehue

Usually the ones who go missing have a little help from one of the friendly locals

>do people frequently get killed in the wilderness

Not really. Not a lot of wilderness anymore.

Pretty much this. Unless you're completely retarded and try walking through the bog or something.

As another user said, tourist and locals love dying in our national parks. Also Euros seem to have trouble with our oceans and tend to drown in them. It makes no sense to me because our oceans are shit compared to Euro oceans like why would you come here for our shitty beaches?

>I think it's hard to get killed in the British "wilderness".

You're not including London?

people fall off cliffs all the time in the national park near where i live

there's a special attraction that involves a little inlet where massive waves form wherein people typically bypass the gates and safety features to take photos before getting swept out to sea and dying

last week i think four people died, three of them were in the same day

Don't people often die at the Grand Canyon, too?

wyoming
tourists getting mauled by bears or killed by buffalos has become a running joke

>I think foreigners are completely out of touch with nature
Yes
Also travelling gives them fools courage doing things they wouldn't normally do

Hey Iceland, what do you think of the EVE Online Fanfest that goes on in Reykjavik every year? Does it attract neck beard fags?

Meh dont live in reykjavík dont care

Yes.
They suicide by self-beheading after burying themselves alive, really hardcore desu.

people here are mugged and jumped frequently.

mostly califags who think wearing expensive clothing in an area where 70% of the population is black and mexican is a good idea

A couple months ago I saw and heard a French woman with her family in the subway trying to ask for directions... in French. In Sweden.

This guy, he probably ignored all warnings because they were written in patois.

Prove me wrong.

Oh yes our giant unlimited wilderness eats people

A couple of months ago some French tourists came to me speaking French in my 50k rural Finland-hometown.
I obviously did not understand a word and just said "voulez-vous coucher avec moi" and moved on

Not really, most tourists to Brazil die after their flight arrives.

To be fair you do have a french king

no

Not really.

Some local wisdom about australia: don't camp under gum trees.

Gum trees lose branches all of the time and it's fairly common for people to camp under them and get killed or injured by falling branches.

Looking up what a gum tree looks like and making a mental note
Maybe you just saved me from my own retardation

The best part was there was someone on the subway that knew enough French to understand what the woman was asking for and gave directions in English only to have her trying to start a one-sided dialogue.

you're welcome, kim dae-woo.

We have the second largest population of bears in yurop and dumb tourists sometimes wander off and get mauled by them. That, or more frequently, get attacked by lynxes because they assume they can pet and/or take selfies with them.

A French king that learned patois, mind you.

How does that even happen? I grew up in rural Finland near the Russian border and I've never seen a wolf, bear or lynx in the wild, only moose or rabbits.

Tourists even die in Spain, I don't expect less when they visit countries like Iceland.

theguardian.com/uk/2006/mar/07/spain.world

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/5970610/British-teenager-dies-in-mountain-accident-in-Spain.html

telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/8342922/British-expat-feared-dead-after-Spanish-avalanche.html

expatica.com/es/news/British-climber-falls-to-death-from-mountain_145637.html

>do people frequently get killed in the wilderness
It probably happens once or twice a year.

French people are so arrogant. They still think their language is spoken elsewhere in Europe. Everybody else speaks English, but they have to stick to French. It's incredibly rude.

>French people are so arrogant. They still think their language is spoken elsewhere in Europe. Everybody else speaks English, but they have to stick to French. It's incredibly rude.
so true

>brithis scum die

feels good, desu

Yep, I wish they visited our mountains instead of our beaches.

Not a lot of tourists die here. Every winter one or two tourists hit a tree on a snowmobile or something and that's it.

germs also die here

there are wolves, bears, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, and other fun things

>be French
>visit Icelandish wilderness
>get killed by icy river

>visit French wilderness
>get killed by Algerian

Where are French safe?

only the czech folks, they come here to drown themselves in the sea

Yes.
Recently an Australian guy was in an Island near Rio, got high, then tried swimming back to shore.
Drowned on the sea.
Kek.

someone talk to you in english he is sophisticated and in his good will, a french talk to you in his own langage he's arogant and not trustworthy? you know francophiobia is a disease that can be cured by puting out the anglo cuck you have deep in your asshole.

the reason you speak french is because of the corpse of a Roman cock still lodged deep inside your anus

and you had to fuck your sisters for centuries, nice usages you have there

kek

Germans also tend to ignore warnings in Spain. Resulting in recue missions and dead old people in the mountais... Como en valencia.

Dogs
Stray dogs are the deadliest most dangerous things you can come across in countries like France, Britain...etc

Tourists regularly fall several hundred meters to their deaths. They also tend to take small boats out to sea when the weather is about to turn bad and then they drown.

Yes, Europoors always die in the summer because they've never seen a temperature above 100 and think they can go hiking in the middle of the day in Phoenix with half a water bottle.

People rarely die in the wild here. Hell,even some 6 year old kid survived 3 days lost in the woods last month. Brit lads like to jump out of 4 story balconies when they get blackout drunk though.

Don't forget that in the mind of Germans the best time to go jogging in summer is between 13:00 and 15:00.

I guest the americans that do the same in south Spain and Moroco are not from Phoenix then... Add to that a rescue helicopter to take back two kids from a peak almost death because its 50C• lets go treeking to the snowy peak half naked

>german being a subhuman as usual

...antarctica desu

Like those retarded korean pilgrims that almost died because of a snow storm in Navarra.

Why are you even saying that ? Cuckhold, you're not concerned.

I remember more cases of people crossing the Pirinees walking in Winter.

It is just so stupid they deserve to lose some fingers, at least a toe. Jesus chhrist.

why?
because otherwise you franks would be speaking your original frankish language.
I see your school system is as bad as Nigerias
because Iceland has practiced elfsex for centuries.