Where would I go to buy a MacBook? Should I buy one new or used? If used, what things should I watch out for?

Where would I go to buy a MacBook? Should I buy one new or used? If used, what things should I watch out for?

I know there are other "better" options but I'm interested in how cheap I could get one.

Other urls found in this thread:

macofalltrades.com/
apple.com/us/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You shouldn't buy one at all. If you want OS X then run it on other hardware. Saged because this looks like a subtle shill thread.

I'm being genuine but thanks for the advice.

cut the bullshit and go straight to linux
ALL HAIL Richard Stallman!

I wanna try something specifically apple tho. I guess I just want to see if the grass really is greener on the other side. At least once.

macofalltrades.com/
you arent gonna get good responses here dont come back

Thanks anyways!

Do you even know who the CEO of apple is?

I bought a refurbished one because it comes with the exact same warranty as the new one.

apple.com/us/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro

you should try craigs, kijiji. ebay etc...

>I guess I just want to see if the grass really is greener on the other side.

There are literally thousands of references from people who have seen and tested both sides. It doesn't look good for Throttlebooks.

I'm going to go with the normie mentality of not caring about specs and see what happens. The simple fact that millions of possibly misguided people buy these makes me think that there is something there. Even if it isn't worth the price and doesn't appeal to people on /g.

>"""""""""""people"""""""""""""

I switch from windows when win8 dropped.

Never going back

Those aren't even normies anymore.

You're one dense fucker. Why did you even bother asking if you already are going to make a choice to buy it because "it's impossible millions of people could be wrong"

If you do development, fine, brew is pretty alright. The terminal is good, and you have better support than Linux for apps. If you're any other fucking user then you waste your shitty money on something that literally any other computer can do.

>I'm going to go with the normie mentality of not caring about specs and see what happens.
95% of normies agree that a $500 walmart laptop is a better choice.

I asked about buying one. I didn't say that lots of people couldn't be wrong. What I meant was that those millions of people probably have different values, things that they want from a computer, than a lot of us. I just want to see if i like those values.

Could be. But I want to be a
>r
>i
>c
>h
normie.
Not really, but its sort of my goal to try out an apple product.

>If used, what things should I watch out for?

make sure icloud is signed out of all user profiles and that there is no eifi password enabled

Best way to get one is from Apple's refurbished store, you get a nice $100-$200 reduction for refurbished devices that look just like new and have the same warranty as a new device.
You're pretty much buying last years model they go like 3 years back top I think.

Thanks!

>>r
>>i
>>c
>>h
>apple trash

lmao

The better question is when

and the answer is when intel releases new 10nm quad core 28w chips, and apple integrates that e-ink keyboard tech they bought from that one australian company.

Bonus points if the 13 inch model has 2880x1800 screen resolution and they change the touchbar into individual screens in keys, or something with actual tactility.

The only thing you're going to be seen as waving around an apple product is a poorfag.

if you are a college or university student be sure to check for a education discount. all you need is an .edu email address IIRC (or at least the name of your institution). typically get a $150-200+ discount

How did your dad take the news?

Thanks again!

I literally said that I wasn't serious about using it as a symbol. It's why I haven't bought a MacBook yet. Idc about people using apple products as status symbols.