Sup Forums suggested shows

I'm looking for Sup Forums approved shows to ease the mind and just sit back and watch

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0105435/
youtu.be/dDZzl9AyXeg
youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg
youtube.com/results?search_query=lain explained
youtube.com/watch?v=p9kYAEyVjEY&list=PL29CFFB0C178E4903
youtube.com/watch?v=XXBxV6-zamM
youtube.com/watch?v=QkwQ-5Fq8HA
archive.org/details/cyberpunkeducator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What you posted is the most over-rated, gayest, idiotic show I've ever seen in my life.

I give it fucking 1/10

Ridiculous characters, stupid fucking progression, exposition fucking everywhere and to top it all off it's supposedly about """Technology""". No, it's about fucking people drama, that's all the show is about. I have no idea who likes this crap. Fucking Silicon Valley is more realistic, for fucks sake.

go watch Sneakers

O.A.
Stranger Things
Bloodline
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul

Thanks for saving me lots of time and diskspace.

Check the "bad" reviews on imdb. It's the truth. This show is PC-fueled, non-factual and basically pretentious as fuck. Only low IQ idiots would like it because they have no working fucking mental compass.

Narcos's also pretty good.

Last week tonight with John Oliver

any tech related shows?

Tech Tips Tonight with Linus

Lazy Game Reviews

not a series but this:
Mr. Robot kind of ok, but gets boring and weird.

It's true that it's about people drama, but it's interesting people drama, at least first season. It also has nice retrotech feel about it.

Later seasons are shit tho

There aren't any, sorry.

Black Mirror is all about modern day tech often mixed with a little science fiction. It's definitely worth a watch.

I can't stand Mr Robot, it's a meme show

>hurr hackers wear hoodies and hang out in abandoned houses
Yeah fuck off

watched mr robot 1st season it sometimes feels like a drug show more than its about tech also whats sneakers?

:(

I hated every single episode I watched.

It has no retrotech feel, it's all fake. Go and see an actual 80s show to see what it should feel like.

imdb.com/title/tt0105435/

This, nothing related to technology, just legit retarded characters and their drama.
Only somewhat sane character is gordon.

Check out the IT Crowd if you want something funny.
The tech is incredibly accurate and the show is hilarious.
One of the best tech related shows i ever watched.

it crowd
silicon valley
there really isnt many good ones
i hated mr robot (and the secshitters it spawned)
black mirror is ok, its an anthology, some eps are good some are bad

thirding this also watch enemy of the state

also watch ghost in the shell, because anime website (and its good)

>whats sneakers
you couldn't google?

sneakers is quite possibly the best tech film ever made, unironically

love this show
"Im disabled" got me laughing so much my eyes teared.

youtu.be/dDZzl9AyXeg

I asked for shows he said sneakers I "googled" sneakers > got lots of shoes
sneakers show > lots of shoes and shows about shoes

I wasnt aware it was a movie thats why I asked

Thanks for the suggestion
thanks will check some of them

Agreed.
After someone on Sup Forums praised this garbage I decided to watch it.
And it's a garbage. Don't watch it.

I am rather glad I used this picture now I know to avoid it lol

the
>nice glasses
>thanks but they're not for sale
was my favorite part

Every tech show in the past few years is the same. They use just enough buzzwords to keep luddite normalfags interested and piss off enthusiasts.

Silicon Valley

The directing is great though, pretty much the only thing that keeps me watching

is that CGI

BLACK MIRROR

BigBang Theory

The Start Up was ok. First season had Martin freeman.

Actually it's just called Startup.

Person of Interest is great. Has good sci-fi/air stuff with normie procedural mixed in.

The first season of this was good but towards the end and then the 2nd season become feminist central.

silicon valley
mr robot
westworld

Black Mirror

Ghost in the Shell if you like robotics (and the usual philosophical themes that come with full-body prosthesis and AI tech).
Unless you're adamantly anti-anime.

For your sake, avoid the new film though.

Halt and Catch Fire was utterly unwatchable melodrama cringe. I really liked the documentary and have and interest in retro computing/computing history. This is braindead tripe for normies, unfortunately. Fought through the first few episodes but had to jump ship entirely because of the shitty characters (especially the annoying alt-chick).

> to ease the mind and just sit back and watch
Don't go for "Sup Forums related shows", they'll just make you mad.
Watch something good like Preacher, Misfits, Arrested Development,

Mr /r9k/ is pretty good. It has everything Sup Forums likes :
>tech
>sec
>prog
>qt3.14 middle eastern hijabi hacker
>traps
>autism

Evangelion

I acutally wear hoodies in the winter.

Why watch tv when you can learn about tech?

hacf is bretty gud, cant wait for more of s04

the arrow and flash

IT crowd is a great show. Laugh track is a bit annoying, but other than that, great.

One of my favorite scenes:
>what did you have for breakfast?
>Smarties cereal.
>I didn't know Smarties made a cereal.
>They don't, it's just Smarties and milk.

Also, this: youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg

>the OA
shit ending

>laugh track
it was a live audence

no anime so far?
im disappointed desu

What's the appeal of Halt and Catch Fire? It's a shitty drama with over-the-top characters that happens to have some computers in the backgrounds.

Watch Battle Programmer Shirase

Ah, fair enough. I still find it annoying.

hey op here

to get away from tech
i like writing scheme compiler but sometimes i need to just watch mindlessly

not ended yet -> S02

This board just doesn't seem to understand

You can stop watching H&CF after whats her name get shoved out of the company by his wife.

Lain is too spacey for all the ADD kids here.
GitS is the better Sup Forums show anyway.

The tech in Gits makes absolutely no tangible sense at all.

Everyone has some internal network that can be hacked, what?

every capable body is just a server you can remote into, its not a hard concept.

lain is objectively the superior animu

>What's the appeal of Halt and Catch Fire? It's a shitty drama with over-the-top characters that happens to have some computers in the backgrounds.
Its trying to be Mad Men of the 80s computer industry except the people who wrote it werent even born in the 80s and got the technology and the industry all wrong

no different than god manifesting itself when ipv7 is designed to utilize the earth's natural Schumann resonances but some rogue computer scientist inserts hidden functionality into the protocol that allows for the uploading of human consciousness to ipv7 and then uploads his own consciousness into it becoming a fake god, but then real god manifests itself as a little girl and then ends up deciding not to be a little girl but go back to being god

Not really.
its a nice watch but Gits is much more Sup Forums related.
Lain is a qt but the major is superior.
>Its trying to be Mad Men of the 80s computer industry
Not really, it's never portrayed as glamorous at all. Its just a rag-tag to riches story with some meh drama and """sad""" backstories. Still enjoyable though if you just ignore the inconsistencies and grating US GEEKS shtick.

>the quality of the anime depends upon the cuteness of the main female character
no

also, SEL makes you think a lot more than GiTS does.

Lain Seriel Experiments is sort of similar to The Matrix, it came out in 1999 and predicted a lot of the impact that the internet would have on society. There is a lot of pretentious symbolic bullshit in it, I suggest watching this video that sort of explains all the symbolism
youtube.com/results?search_query=lain explained
before you watch the actual series:
youtube.com/watch?v=p9kYAEyVjEY&list=PL29CFFB0C178E4903

After they move from Texas the show becomes this alternate reality and the characters get new jobs tangentially related to what they did before.

Like Gordon went from an mid-Teir Electronics Engineer for a IBM clone to CEO of a regional ISP and they are also coding a web browser that gets stomped on by Mosaic.

Joe continues to not have AIDS and be a Jobs architype

Cameron moves to Japan to make something like The 7th Guest mashed up with Myst instead of being the CEO of a BBS.

The pace the show goes at by the next episode the gang will have founded Interdyn and invented the T-800 / Skynet

I never implied as such lad.
>makes you think
Gits doesnt try to be meta-physical philosophic that lain does. It's more about grey morality and human nature.
its been awhile since lain i might do that.

SEL took me three or four watches until I had a very good grasp on its story.

each time I watched it it became an even better show as I understood more of it.

GiTS can be watched once, and understood fine, and each subsequent watch makes it more boring.

Quite okay.

Yeah, it really should have ended the episode before they all get back together to try the web shit.

Micromen, a UK computer industry docudrama about the rivalry between Sinclair and Acorn in the 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=XXBxV6-zamM

black mirror is for dumb people trying to look edgy.

Its ideas might be good but the execution ALWAYS has GAPING plot holes in it in order for the show to be accessible to brits.

Movies:
War Games
Electric Dreams
Sneakers
Real Genius
Short Circuit
Manhattan Project
Weird Science
Tron
GhostBusters
Hackers

Not a drama but this show is g related and comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=QkwQ-5Fq8HA

There is a youtube channel that has all the episodes, there are about 300 episodes or so. Its great to see the great Gary Kildall, but the interviews are too brief usually and get cut off before they get a chance to really discuss the technology

>Weird Science
That movie is a little funny but it's only really technology related for a scene. Also the plot is a super shit generic 80s plot.

WestWorld

Anime-wise the most Sup Forums related ones are Serial Experiments Lain, Ghost in the Shell and Battle Programmer Shirase.
Serial Experiments Lain is a fantastic show which shows some of the 90s fears concerning the internet but mainly focuses on how human interaction is changed by the internet. Ghost in the Shell is a cyberpunk classic with a philosophical element and cool cybernetic tech. Battle Programmer Shirase is basically Sup Forums incarnate as it is about a unemployed programmer who hacks things for people when they pay him with retro computer hardware, also he likes lolis.

I know it's not super Sup Forums related but Star Trek (especially TNG era) has a lot of cool scifi technology.

it's fine to nitpick for the sake of accuracy, but it's still annoying for laughing to be there at all, in any show

Name one

Code Monkeys

/sec/ Movies:
>Sneakers (1992)
>The Net (1995)
>Takedown (2000)
>The Fifth Estate (2013)
>Blackhat (2015)
>Enemy of the State (1998)
>Hackers (1995)
>WarGames (1983)
>WarGames: The Dead Code (2008)

/cyb/ Movies:
>The Machine (2013)
>Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
>The Matrix (1999)
>Chappie (2015)
>Elysium (2013)
>Virtuosity (1995)
>The Lawnmower Man (1992)
>Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (1996)
>The Terminator (1984)
>Blade Runner (1982)
>TRON (1982)
>TRON: Legacy (2010)

Sup Forums Movies:
>Disconnect (2012)
>Antitrust (2001)
>Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)
>Office Space (1999)
>Her (2013)

Documentaries:
>We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)
>TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard (2013)
>Revolution OS (2001)
>Terms and Conditions May Apply (2013)
>Hackers: Wizards of the Electronic Age (1984)
>The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz (2014)
>Hackers Wanted aka Can You Hack It ( (2009)
>New York City Hackers (2000)
>Citizenfour (2014)
>BBS: The Documentary (2005)
>Get Lamp (2010)
>All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace (2011)
>From Bedrooms to Billions (2014)
>RiP: A Remix Manifesto (2009)
>The Net - The Unabomber, LSD and the Internet (2003)
>The Cyberpunk Educator archive.org/details/cyberpunkeducator

forgot in Docs, Silicon Cowboys
It's the story of Compaq

>Hackers, before Sup Forums
WOAH
>Hackers, after Sup Forums
FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFF

>>Johnny Mnemonic
>>Pirates of Silicon Valley
>>BBS: The Documentary

LEGIT list, user. I'd just add Micro Men to the Sup Forums movies list.

How about
Eagle Eye (2008)
Pi
Primer
Steve Jobs (2015)
Jobs (2013)

Electric dreams gave me nightmares and left that fucking music stuck in my head for 30 years. Fuck that movie.

Not the recommendations annon but Pi is awesome, Eagle Eye and the jobs movies suck. Haven't watch Primer

I just wish IT crowd didn't have the laugh track. Couldn't even make it past a few seconds on the first episode.

>Not the recommendations annon but Pi is awesome, Eagle Eye and the jobs movies suck. Haven't watch Primer
Didn't watch the jobs movies either and i also think Pi is amazing.
I really enjoyed the social network, it also touches some Sup Forums-related fields:
>autism
>innovation
>guy can't into gf
Not really a facebook fan but i liked that movie.

Farscape

>not inserting heatsink directly into your brain

More like watching hackers when you were a child vs watching hackers now

uhh thank you user

I would add lo and behold to the list of documentaries. It a warner herzog (guy who made grizzly man) doc about the internet. Kinda pop-tech but still interesting and it's on netflix

I liked season one, lost interest halfway through season 2 when it became a womyn in tech show instead of a retro tech show

It's more about the growing technology industry of the 80s, then the technology itself. Any business oriented show is gonna have a lot of people drama involved.

>non-factual
It's a TV show, not a documentary you dipshit

>The only sane character is the guy who has a legit mental illness
He's just the only one that you autists are able to relate to.