Why haven't you fallen for the t470 meme Sup Forums?

Why haven't you fallen for the t470 meme Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01K1IO3QW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fell for the x230 one, fuck off.

This nigger actually fell for a ThinkPad!

>windows on a thinkpad
ISHYGDDT

Because I'd just buy a macbook if I wanted to be a pretentious hipster with more money than sense.

Because I already fell for the X1 meme and nupads are shit.

I swear, at some point I'm going to snap and will order an X62…

I fell for the t440p quadcore meme where I had to swap the trackpad requiring complete disassembly of the machine to change it to a T450 trackpad.

kys NY

Because I fell for the X240, T460 and P510 meme.

Waiting for RR ThinkPads to come out

Dell can rip you off much harder and for less, why not go with them?

Because we bought a shitton of refurbished T410s instead.

Perhaps he wants to work productive instead of tinkering around with shitty memeware.

Because I have a macbook pro with retina display™

that is nice, im actually thinking of falling for the x270 meme.

how are you liking your 14 hour battery life user?

best answer

OP here, battery life is excellent on my t470, I get 14+ if all I'm doing is just web browsing and document editing. It's to the point where I don't take the charger with me when I leave the house.

nice.. you gonna get the 9 cell for the claimed "21 hours"? how much was your t470

Are you using the 3 cell or 6 cell battery?

I used the employee discount code, I got mine for $1,124.96 after tax. Although that also includes some useless upgrades
My configuration was
Fully upgraded battery
Fingerprint sensor
Backlit keyboard
1080p non-touch
Windows 10 Pro
the upgraded i5 processor (one below the i7)

Overall I'd say it was worth it even if it was a little expensive, that employee discount really took the price down though something like 33%?

Also I'm going to be using this for college which is why I'm saying I may have spent a little too much, I already have a desktop which I have built. I just really wanted the luxury of having a good, reliable laptop with an excellent battery life and trackpad. Most importantly battery life.

>chicklet keys
Pass. There's no reason to buy a newish thinkpad.

X 6 0 s
s

Master race reporting in

Hello friend. W500 here.

I was going to buy T470 or X1. But I decided to wait for the A475, which should come out this Christmas/New Year. I bought a used T430 to hold me over until then.

The keys feel amazing on this laptop, period. Clicket usually feels like shit but Lenovo did something with this laptop that just makes it feel so good.

Because I fell for the T460 meme and I couldn't be happier. Shit, I paid like 400€ for the laptop (I5-6300, 8GB and 512HDD, unused with the precint and all) and 80€ for a 256GB SSD. I have never been this happy with a laptop.

Also is right, the new keyboard is simply comfy as fuck. The typing never felt so good (and I was a fan of the T420 keyboard).

Do ThinkPads always have to lag several years behind other laptops to make it fair?

I have T460, would like the Thunderbolt tho

No, but the only reason to fall for the thinkpad meme is because they are available for cheap, are easily upgrade-able, and that the keyboards are god tier.

Might as well buy a clevo/sager for mech keys, display, customization, and comparative price.

Kek. Hope you got a deal user. Fuckin retard.
Yoga 910 4 lyfe

Does this then make any other computer that is available for cheap, upgradeable and with a good keyboard a meme?

6 cell

>buying windows 10
you sure like to throw your money out the window

I'm not going to use windows for college

me too, that's why I run ubuntu instead of some bloated windows or some other tinker distro. It just werks and werks pretty good :-)

I have a T520

>hipster
>standard gook """""""enterprise""""""" shittop
are we just picking words out of a hat now?

Because im on a T420 Grill

Because I fell for the T440s meme.

>16:9
no thanks

I fell for the T450s meme and I'm loving it (mostly). The raised keys makes it really nice when typing and feels pretty comfy with the feedback when keys are pressed. Do the newer Thinkpads have raised keyboards?

Fucking baby

nice get though

Because if I'm going to spend money on a new laptop, it'll be a Sager. Sick of all the bullshit surrounding HP Dell and Lenovo. I have a T420 and working on it is a pain in the dick.

T410 here, the only real downside is

what will you faggots do when your old laptops can't run shit anymore?

Because I fell for the T470p meme

>Can't run shit anymore

Can't run what exactly? Rendering? Compiling?

Unless you're talking hardware level x265 decoding capability or proper AVX instructions, there is really nothing that won't be able to run on Sandy bridge era and on processors.

Older C2D machines are technically still capable, but lack in many areas. Power consumption and iGPU being the 2 major ones. I have an old HP with a single core AMD sempron. Still works, albeit very slowly. Could still be used as a daily shit posting machine if I really had to.

I got the cheap 1080p kaby lake acer on amazon for $335 on sale. Literally impossible to beat that value considering how easy the upgrade was for the ssd.

Link? That sounds like a steal even if it is Acer. $335 for a modern Intel CPU would last at least 2 years if taking care of it.

curl up into a ball and cry

>Does this then make any other computer that is available for cheap, upgradeable and with a good keyboard a meme?
Find one that is actually cheaper then a clevo/sager for the same specs, and then it won't be a meme.

I'll upgrade when that time comes.

i fell for the t440s meme

how long battery lasts browsing on wifi?

It's useless without CUDA and heavy.

It's $350 right now which is msrp. They drop it down $10-15 at random though, just keep an eye on it.

amazon.com/dp/B01K1IO3QW

Newfag to Sup Forums here. What do you mean by meme OS' and computers? Is gentoo actually a bad distro and are ThinkPad's not actually good computers?

Image irrelevant

Marginal gains over my T450.

But cheap means expensive to you, so every computer then becomes a meme.

Because I own an XPS 13 and when my mother was considering a laptop I got her an X220 with a new 9 cell for about $175~ total.

There just isn't a point to any "modern" thinkpads.
The only excuse to buy one is if you're getting comp'd to get a new laptop for work, but in that case there are just better options.

>soldered processor
>ULV shit processor
Socketed quad core or go home.

whether or not they're good doesn't change that they've become a meme on Sup Forums

>no reading comprehension

Recommend me a non meme laptop.

>DRM battery
>DRM networkcard
>Hands-down the WORST chicklet keyboard
>chicklet on a Thinkpad at all
>no backside ports
>grey plastic
>lid doesn't latch
>that resolution
The reason is that I don't want some pig shit piece of trash like yours..

see Normie laptop for the masses.

fell for the t420 meme, best desicion ever.

Is the t420 the last good thinkpad?

don't know but hell of a lot comfier than the newest laptops.

Do some new Thinkpads still come with 1366×768?

really wish I could get a refurbished Thinkpad without that cancerous resolution. Replacing the screen myself is too hard, the most I've done is put the wificard thing and an SSD.

I fell for the X1 Yoghurt mene.

howd you get your popup off the screen?

fuck no. Consumer laptops are the worst build-quality wise. Refurbished business laptops, doesn't have to be a Thinkpad, are the best value. Except for the "business" laptops that are not actually business-grade, though I don't remmeber which series across Dell and Lenovo for example to avoid.

Specs don't matter on a laptop nowadays, even a 1st gen i3 is enough for most applications you need a laptop for as long as you drop an SSD in it. Heck a 2nd gen i3 on a desktop is still what I use at work, and it's good enough for the shit ton of crap I have open across 2 monitors.

Because thinkpads are fucking pieces of shit, they are overpriced and you cant even change its hardware due to whitelist bullshit.
Lattude is the actual master race, durable, cheap, and as customizable as a laptop can be.

This was true a few years ago, but now it's really not. Unless you plan to beat the shit out of your laptop on the regular, a consumer grade laptop will last you as long as a thinkpad would without new paste or some other part failure. And that's before you consider the 1080p > 720p, the far superior iGPU, and the battery life. I've never bought a refurb that had anything close to a perfect battery.

I have consumer laptop and business laptop bought on same years... sandy bridge laptop

the consumer already kaput 2 years ago and my business laptop still running 24/5 per week

I bought a new T530i (a weird model with an i3) with a 1080p screen for just under US$400 around 3 years ago. Definitely better than the Acer and Toshiba laptop between me and my mom a couple years prior to that around the same price.

I can't imagine that much has changed in just a couple years because proper cooling and build quality in general are always going to take a backseat with consumer laptops because the goal is to make the specs as pretty as possible. Even if you are careful with a laptop, it's going to take some wear and tear when you're commuting around with it.

Unless you're using a laptop more as a portable desktop, and you absolutely need some power for light gaming or other heavy usage, then a business-grade laptop is going to be better value. That's not to say I would not grudgingly pick a consumer laptop with a 1080p screen if the only choice for a business laptop is with a 1366x768 screen, but I'd certainly be willing to pay a premium just for the better build quality.

>I bought a new T530i
and now in 2017 you can upgrade the processor to a quad core i7 for extra performance

soldered processors were a mistake, fucking Jewtel kikes.

>no 7 row
No thank you.
I'll save my money for the retro.
Until then, I'll stick with my modded t430.

You can buy a new $350 consumer laptop every year and still come out ahead of buying a 1080p thinkpad. So yeah, unless you literally need the military build quality because of autism or missing limbs, I'd say there's no economic argument.

>46 C SSD
enjoy your life

>So yeah, unless you literally need the military build quality because of autism or missing limbs, I'd say there's no economic argument.
you're still underestimating the abuse a laptop will have to go through when you're commuting with it like using it in a bus for example over a year. You're also underestimating what a manufacturer is going to skimp on just to have the highest specs for a price range.

i don't think buying a new business-grade laptop is worth it since it's as overpriced as a mac, but one on clearance or refurbished is going to be a great deal unless you really need to game on a laptop. There's just so much supply out there from companies updating their stock, it's easy to find a great deal just like how you could also probably snatch a decent work desktop out there for cheap or free and just pop a graphics card in. Coworker got an Intel Xeon for free and is planning to build a gaming desktop off it.

the $350 is intel celeron you retard

If your commute is that bad, idk what to tell ya except stick with the thinkpad. I personally have bike commuted for many years with consumer laptops and thinkpads alike with no problems. Just get a decent backpack.

Nope. See:

As someone who used to be on the thinkpad meme bandwagon, so much this.
Thinkpads are fucking garbage, dont waste your money on them.

he fell for the meme

T440p or T450s or T460?

Any recommendations for a laptop that has a great screen, long battery life and no numpad? I've checked some Asus laptops and they can have all of those while also having a metal body. Metal body is awesome except that you can never get a larger battery afterwards. I wish someone made a laptop like T420 but with metal body, huge battery life and an IPS screen.

I did. I should be getting it in a few days.

Can you not afford a current model?

I don't like laptops with hardware lockouts that prevent me from using non IBM or lenovo branded hardware on an approved whitelist.

>falling for memes
>on Sup Forums
Sketch

Thanks I've been looking at this one for a while as it isn't that much more expensive than a t520 where I live. Have you had any issues using it with linux?

To be honest even if the keyboard is different on newer models that keyboard is still way the fuck better than any other chiclet shit because the keys curve in and the key travel is the same and even deeper than the classic style

>Acer

Isn't Acer just Latin for "bitter"?

That actually looks pretty /comfy/

Why would I get T470 when I can get T70?

>Buy a cheap, shitty, failure-prone consumer unit and hope it lasts the distance rather than a nice laptop that you know is going to work when you turn it on, every time you turn it on, for as long as you need it to
I don't get it.

>centrino
>windows 10

how fucking slow does that run? how is it even usable