/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>TODO:
- Nothing right now, it was decided that savannah wasn't needed and gitgud was good enough.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

wiby.me/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good luck, I'm looking forward to this

Why is links2 still referenced? I thought the lead dev said it was a clusterfuck.

Should the work plan be removed for next thread?

my eyes

It's simple, minimalist, and to the point. What more do you want?

at least 7MB of gzipped javascript libraries

>It's simple, minimalist, and to the point. What more do you want?
It's good but it would be better if the font color wasn't a shit mixture. In particular the red font sucks, try using a plain white text like in 4chinks tomorrow theme.

Okay, the UI is a complete mess. Any ideas to make it better?

try the latest nightly, odilitime fixed some text wrapping issues

Do we need a logo? I'll do the logo.

Can you make it a cute girl? Thanks.

So I got the latest git and typed make and this happened
src/graphics/text/TextRasterizer.cpp: In member function ‘std::unique_ptr TextRasterizer::rasterize(const rasterizationRequest&) const’:
src/graphics/text/TextRasterizer.cpp:316:33: error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=sign-compare]
if (response->textureHeight > max) {
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
src/graphics/text/TextRasterizer.cpp:316:35: error: conversion to ‘unsigned int’ from ‘int’ may change the sign of the result [-Werror=sign-conversion]
if (response->textureHeight > max) {
^~~
src/graphics/text/TextRasterizer.cpp:318:35: error: conversion to ‘unsigned int’ from ‘int’ may change the sign of the result [-Werror=sign-conversion]
response->textureHeight = max;
^~~
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [Makefile:79: gen/graphics/text/TextRasterizer.o] Error 1

What went wrong?

>cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
Either your compiler is shit, or the latest commit is actually broken

Well I'm using gcc 7.1.1 so it has to be the git, I remembered trying it yesterday and it worked.

The NT build uses the same codebase, I just turn off -Werror in the NTMakefile

No clue

Yes

Are you talking about the tab area and up, or below the tab area?

gcc on linux issue, it's on the repo's end, I didn't get a chance to test on linux yet. Will fix that up today.

why we working on "muh tabs" and not basic functionality like showing images and post forms

The address bar needs a blinking line and it can look better than just a plain square to click on. Not only that, but tabs overlap each other. In the other thread, someone posted a good and clean UI that netrunner could use.

Because it just looks ugly and can be better, plus they're broken.

I liked the old one better
the blue rectangles ruin the aesthetics

For javascript, why not just use chromiums/chrome V8 or firefox spidermonkey. Is there another well known javascript engine to use?

>Optionally add parser for HTML
I don't see what part of a browser makes html parsing 'optional'

All of that under the work plan is outdated, it's going to be removed starting next thread.

>every primary color on black is totally normal and good design
Honestly it's like it was supposed to look bad. Black text on a white page would have looked leagues better.

If you're such geniuses, post how you would do the website and we can compare.

black on white kills the eye

been trying to compile this piece of shit for 2 hours now

Are you running this on a computer made in the 80s?

First I get same as
comment stuff
then
src/html/HTMLParser.cpp:8:6: error: no previous declaration for ‘void autoCloseTag(std::shared_ptr, std::shared_ptr, std::__cxx11::string, std::__cxx11::string)’

If you go into the makefile and remove -Werror it won't treat warnings as errors.

thanks for the tip user, but now I get other kind of erros.

:(.text.startup+0x145): undefined reference to `glfwCreateStandardCursor'

Probably has something to do with glfw (3.2.1). But too mad to try to fix it now.

What OS are you using?

I don't have to design a site to show you. Just imagine the current page but not as a demented rainbow.

Mint 18.2 sonya

I don't think it looks terrible. Kinda reminds me of the Storm theme from before Windows Vista

This project will be dead before they get to the JS interpreter, and if it isn't, it will be when they're 20% done with the JS interpreter.

Code monkeys don't get to have opinions on graphic design. You're all fucking awful at it.

Is RETRO motherfucker. They just need to remove the difference of colors in the frames.

>I liked the old one better
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIIIIIIIS

I thought it was well established that Sup Forums can't actually into technology at all and we should ask Sup Forums for all our coding needs.

Honestly how can anyone think that site looks good

And if it isn't then, it'll be at 50%.

You never saw the original

The website is sort of halfway really. Can't use wordpress with a them and I can't use a text document. So what we have now is the compromise. I'll change the the div headers to cyan or something.

Might do a light grey body with green text and cyan header text. Header bars could be dark grey. I'll mock it up and put a link here later.

How bad was it?

I stole the project page from salmon king

>post how you would do the website and we can compare
maybe something less like this?

You've got Moonman, so I'm interested.

It's basically the mascot to keep out SJWs, the project itself is free of politics.

I wish it was moonwaifu instead

Perfect

Will this browser ever become get a half way good looking ui?

It should. If you're good at at this kind of thing, contribute.

is there a logo that needs to be made?

I would but I have no artistic talent

Great website

This is never coming to mobile why why should mobilefags even be concerned about.

Take notes, nigger

Just because that website decided to care about mobilefags, doesn't mean we have to. Take a hike faggot, glad the devs don't care about you.

You will attract great amount of users and devs with that attitude.

What's the big deal with the new Firefox changes? Using Nightly. Did they add something really fucked up? I don't know yet how to code, enlight me.

But that's not the point. The point is to make it in a way that Sup Forumsentoomen will want it. Attracting large numbers of (stupid) users by having a website that works on a platform that the browser doesn't work on is only useful for browsers that want everyone (and their data).

You are just making assumptions by equating more users to stupid users.

I have Linux installed on my laptop but I don't frequently use it because I don't really want to carry that bulky thing around. When I heard about Iridium for the first time, I headed over to their website (on my phone) to learn about it more and I installed it on my computer next time I powered it on.

Compatibility with various platforms is always a good thing, as long as you don't hand the project over to neon haired trannies, the browser will be fine. You will get more bug reports, beta testing, funding and more developers as a bonus, too.

Extensions are fucked now.

The devs can convert their extensions to the new API, but the problem is this new API is much weaker than the old way of doing things, so a lot of stuff is impossible. Even "converted" extensions often lack functionality - for instance, I think Firefox started using google analytics on like an addon manager/browser page or something, and because this page is loaded through some special case internal browser mechanism uMatrix can't block GA with the new extensions.

So now Firefox is literally no better than chromium for extensions, and there's absolutely no reason to use it over chromium anymore. It even phones home to google, just like chromium!

Is Palememe also fucked?

Asking for a friend

jew on the dev team = turd in the punch bowl

you fags are already subverted.

No palemoon is fine. Palemoon is only historically a fork of firefox nowadays, it's been doing it's own thing for quite a while by now.
It's my personal browser of choice for now

The bigger it is, the more likely it is to be taken over by neon hair trannies.

Then put up a CoC stating that neon haired trannies can't contribute, donate or join to the project. The controversy will advertise the browser to a broader audience, despite that most of them will be from le donald.

Are you rust yet

I think that's only a concern if you want to stay big. The only thing neon hair trannies can do is try to give the project bad reputation, which doesn't matter in the least since in the end the target audience is Sup Forumsentooment. But even if you accept the eventual tranny attack as inevitable, it might be worth attracting a bigger audience just to benefit from the donations and contributions for a while.

Or just do . The moonman logo will help achieve the same purpose.

I just switched to Palemoon and it says Ublock Origin isn't supported. any idea what the issue is?

>The point is to make it in a way that Sup Forumsentoomen will want it.

you fucked that up when you wrote it in C instead of Lisp

>be despair
>porting to all things Microsoft
>DOS (3.0-8.0)
>Windows NT (4.0-present)
>Windows 3.1/9x (using DOS build)
>tfw

>I read that as corruption of champions

i take it the others (odili et al) are targeting Linux, System 10, and BSD for now. sound fair enough? If you want mobile, just fork gyroninja's branch, and target Dalvik and ART

>tfw I'm a neon haired mtf major contributor to netrunner and nobody knows

hehe

No idea, works on my machine

Wait, why are you on 25.7.0? I'm on 27.4.2. Try updating and see if it's compatible then

>nobody knows

Sorry, schlomo. It's obvious ANY public project is subverted from the start. No exceptions.

Within 5 minutes I was able to improve the CSS of the website. What do you think? Who do I give this to? Any opinions are appreciated.

But muh retro

I agree the eyerape needs to be toned down, but while you did that you also completely removed the entire retro theme and stripped away all the character of the website, turning it into a generic blob of grey reminiscent of material design.

you made it worse

Yes, we clearly need 300 webfonts that are meant to look intentionally bad. /s

I don't know how to meet the demand of "retro", additionally I think metro design looks just fine on a website, and "generic blobs" can be just about any *actual* retro website. If you consider retro websites to be static HTML pages. Modern attempts to feel "retro" just result in something that never existed in my opinion, but that's a topic for another thread.

ok

yeah. you're just not good at what you do.

ugly mind, ugly fruit.

I appreciate your toxicity

>Within 5 minutes
Did you sneak a wank in

Hex value of div headers?

#56567C

I wish you'd appreciate the craft instead. But therein lies the problem.

Doesn't really work on it's own. Trying cyan and variants.

I'll burn all your fucking retinas out.

If your website doesn't look like this, you have failed and should hang.

I'll see if I can make this in a few hours. Get me an old-ass website from the early 2000s that has one of those shitty jpeg backgrounds

this search engine indexes old websites
wiby.me/
hit surprise me

Please finish this project Sup Forums

I don't care if it's shit. I'll use it.

Do it again, please, I mean it

I'll probably start anew.

I'll try to make it html compliant with no js or fancy stuff

Make sure it has a marble background. Use this.

Besides Linux all I care is a port to (Free)DOS, so thanks for making this real

This is a pretty kickass search engine.

If you're going for a web 1.0 website from the 90s, don't make it look like pic related.