/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General

It's that time again. All text is a WIP.

>Setup guides, tips, resources
pastebin.com/3D60jpFb

>Recommended games and applications (includes NSFW)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediapost.com/publications/article/305405/vr-ar-revenue-projected-to-215-billion.html
theverge.com/2017/5/1/15503932/htc-vive-x-7invensun-aglass-eye-tracking-upgrade
geeky-gadgets.com/mindmaze-mask-designed-for-vr-face-tracking-07-06-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw vr kanojo was the only game actually worth playing

Been following VR since the DK1 days and picked up the Vive. The fact that a sex simulator featuring a high quality asian waifu was the best experience I could find really shows the lack of quality games there are right now. There was simply nothing fun enough to justify the cost. I returned it back to Amazon days before my time limit was up.

I bought and played so many games, even coop ones with a friend. Found out they were all shit within hours. Maybe I'll buy it again at the discounted price assuming Skyrim will have knuckle controller support and won't burn a hole in my wallet. Maybe next year.. what a disappointment.

bump

Any word on when the deal ends?
I don't get paid till the end of the month and I squandered my monies on gambling

still over priced. I wouldn't pay more than 200

Got my deluxe audio strap today. It's such a huge improvement that I actually resent them for not building it this way from the beginning. Especially because it removes a bunch of steps from setting it up for use with the built in audio which also sounds pretty decent, not noticing any degradation in audio quality from my 598's

Is that Killing Floor thing that I understand is only on oculus store for now any good?

>not playing social vr

I believe the sale was for six weeks, so I think there's maybe two weeks left max unless they extend it. Regular price after that will be $500, still less expensive than the Vive.

That's not gonna happen for a while man. I get the feeling that Oculus cut their margins to the bare minimum with that sale price to increase their install base. I think $400 is about what the technology is worth but its all a matter of perspective.

>yfw the Rift comes with removable headphones.
The downside of that though is that there isn't a 3.5mm jack on the Rift. I'm surprised no third party has created a 3.5mm cable that screws into the headphone contacts but I assume its because most people don't care about using different headphones than the ones provided.

I think the three deepest VR experiences right now are probably Echo Arena/Lone Echo, RE7, and maybe Super Hot VR. Its a small market but its really starting to pick up a bit and honestly I think its going to get more expensive (generation 2 headsets) before it gets any cheaper. Might as well get in on the ground floor and enjoy the ride.

Literally never going to happen. Every gen that comes out after this one moving forward will be right back up to the smartphone price range, repeating every new gen ad infinitum. Maybe if you decide to buy a primitive headset from the aftermarket on ebay once the used prices drop that low, but by that point everyone will be three or more generations ahead of you.

>buying gen1 face bricks
gen2 is just 1 year away now

VR is a fad.

>posts picture of prototype with no adjustments, 70*FOV, and no positional tracking
that's not even 1.5. we have at least two years until we get consumer units that are gen2

Gen 2 is gonna get us right back into the $700+ price range and its most likely going to be largely the same tech with improved resolution and/or wireless.

I agree on price point, but the big things for gen2 will be inside out tracking, complete wireless, eye tracking, possibly some facial tracking, and 4K resolution.

Just wait for skyrim brah.

and it still wont be vr

Are there any good VR strategy games?

>new iPhone is $ 1099
>"k"
>VR is $ 699
>"FUCK that overpriced shit"

What do they mean by this?

> shills meme tech no one wants

Explain yourself first

>no one wants
mediapost.com/publications/article/305405/vr-ar-revenue-projected-to-215-billion.html

> projections

My analysis is you make terrible investments

my analysis is that you're unimaginative and stale

At least you hopefully won't have to pay for included trackers/controllers when buying gen2

Will wireless ever be feasible? Every ms of latency added detriment the experience.

Any evidence to back up eye tracking in gen 2? I can't imagine that coming til gen 3, including facial tracking.

Unless you are talking about an external camera pointed at your face, in which case what's the point.

theverge.com/2017/5/1/15503932/htc-vive-x-7invensun-aglass-eye-tracking-upgrade

geeky-gadgets.com/mindmaze-mask-designed-for-vr-face-tracking-07-06-2017/

all the articles for current technology put the latency at 2-10ms between a few different competitors

you can already buy an eye tracking kit for the Vive called aGlass, it fits inside the Vive around the lenses

It's dead Jim.

anyone test the pimax 4k + nolo vr ghetto vive yet?

I wouldn't even buy it if it has eye tracking unless you like having your mind read and sold to schwepps corporation

>implying we aren't already living in a completely monitored simulation

Pavlov is pretty fun when your team isn't getting stomped

The gunplay is such shit though

Comparing to how responsive and snappy guns are in Onward - Pavlov's guns all feel floaty and unresponsive to me especially the recoil

Rainbow 6 VR coop terrorist hunt when

Killing floor still has bugs and stuff also it's a pretty short game right now so better to wait till it gets updated and it will also release on Steam by the end of the year.