CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current ISO: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
Git: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
Package count: 2867 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
GPG: 78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: useast.cloveros.ga uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga uk.cloveros.ga nl.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -mmmx -mssse3 -pipe -funroll-loops -flto=8 -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros
Video: a.doko.moe/cngnzh.mp4
CloverOS memes: cloveros.booru.org
Validate ISO:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key "78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805"
wget cloveros.ga/s/signatures/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso.asc
gpg --verify CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso.asc CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso

Other urls found in this thread:

useast.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
uswest.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
fr.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
uk.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
nl.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In case anyone involved in the making of the scripts && server/repos architecture reads this, what are the things stopping you from making a 32 bits version ? I'd be somewhat interested in one for my X60s, so if the problem is lack of someone to take care of it, I might enroll.

CloverOS died

Why is nothing in the foreground in focus

Eh fuck it. I'll throw up a VM for this and see how it does.

Okay the download speed is just awful.
Someone put up a Mega for this shit? I know I can download faster than this.

Forgot pic, fuck me.

Why would someone use this over Arch?

When you post pics of your thinkpad in a remote place with a smug loli it makes you seem like an even more degenerate stallman.

cause the picture if of that man stumbling upon this scene

Can someone help me?
Linux noob here I cant seem to be able to install it. My laptop is a thinkpad 64 bit and I downloaded the current iso and made a liveusb using rufus.

I plug it in my laptop and I get to the installation screen

After setting my root password user name and pass, there is a black screen with some text at the bottom then my laptop restarts and im back at the gentoo installation screen.

My friend had the same issue on his desktop

Take out the usb

See I tried that but then it boots to a no os screen. Is there a certain point I should take out the usb?

I didn't shave either, I felt like I was becoming the new voice for freedom respecting software.

can someone explain briefly what this OS is about?

CloverOS GNU/Linux is scripts that creates a Gentoo image and a packages repo (Binhost) that contains unique USE flags and CFLAGS. It aims to be a fast, poetterfrei, lightweight out of the box desktop. CloverOS GNU/Linux is a pre-riced, out-of-the-box Gentoo that's by Sup Forums, for Sup Forums. It focuses on speed and low ram usage, doesn't have systemd or other service bloat, and includes commonly used software.

It's as close to default Gentoo as possible, with all of the configuration made in /etc/portage/make.conf, unlike other Gentoo-based distros. The scripts can be used to install it to hard drive, generate a LiveCD and create the CloverOS repo. It's very easy to modify the bash script to make your own Gentoo livecd. In short: CloverOS is Gentoo.

The CloverOS repo is built with custom CFLAGS for optimum performance, and the USE flags are configured for desktop use. There's some dotfiles in the home directory by default to save time. Packages are built with the newest GCC features such as Ofast, Graphite and LTO. I don't see any other distro putting in the effort of utilizing them, so I took it upon myself to ensure the latest breakthroughs in compiler tech doesn't go unused.

If you use Gentoo, you'll probably come to a similar conclusion as CloverOS (package.use, installed packages). The original goal was to be similar to CrunchBang, but with Gentoo.

How the fuck do iinstall it?

cute Aya

What location is this? It looks idyllic

Thanks dude
Pikes Peak a week ago

Damn, that's one more place I have to go before I die. It looks magical. Thanks for the beautiful pics user

It's a nice place, but get healthy before you go, because going up that high into the atmosphere will give you altitude sickness.

Hey I live there.

>upside down
Well, time to kill myself I guess

Too bad you weren't there when I was. I was touring around Colorado and I drove up Pikes Peak. Pretty fun trip.

It's an awesome place here. I'm too weak in tech fields to take advantage of it but there are tons of meetups for veteran software and hardware developers here.
When I first moved here I lived in a hostel with a guy that wrote hardware drivers for fun. He was there here on a contract for the airforce on satellite positioning software. He told me that this place used to be a gold mine for tech related pursuits. Not so much anymore I assume since it's a huge tourist attraction and a fitness mecca
I'll check this distro out btw. I'll install it on that upside down x220 that was in my pic there. I"m too new to help with development but I can contribute some enduser feedback.

I'm new to X, how do I change what applications are on the list that comes up with right-click?

The browser should be Pale Meme, not FF.

Funny you say that, my X220t came in after I got back from Colorado, and I installed cloverOS on it near instantly. I bitched in the previous threads about screen and input rotation, but I figured out how to change those with bash scripts and matrix rotation. Now I'm trying to come up with a way to modulate those commands, so I can 360 orientate and be able to reset everything as needed.

There should also be a on screen keyboard in the repo desu~

I wouldn't recommend installing clover if you're a noob friend. Start with Ubuntu or Mint to get a handle

When I tried to install the pen drivers for xUbuntu that's what I had trouble with. I could get the dimensions for the calibration correctly but the screen rotation was killing me. That's what I figured to. If there was a way to alter the dimensions in the same stroke that you alter the rotation then it should work. To bad I don't know how to do that.

Can confirm. Noob here. Completely lost but that's kind of the point for me right now.
These download speeds are horrible btw. I'll try to get a mirror up temporarily if that helps someone else.

useast.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
uswest.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
fr.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
uk.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso
nl.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170820.iso

I can install all the other linux distros I tried. I used to have mint but I dont want systemd dont have time to learn gentoo

pls respond

When you get it working will you share it?

Is this just another Cirn9? Has Sup Forums ever finished a single project?

This script works, but I need to set up the right and inverted matrix rotation. Use a window manager such as windowmaker, which can restart itself so you can use all of the vertical resolution.
[#!/bin/sh

xrandr -o left
xinput set-prop "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Pen stylus" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1
xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1
xinput set-prop "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Finger touch" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1
xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1
xinput set-prop "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Pen eraser" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 /code]

Don't run that without having this script, or you will have to restart your computer

#!/bin/sh

xrandr -o normal
xinput set-prop "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Pen stylus" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
xinput set-prop "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Finger touch" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
xinput set-prop "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Pen eraser" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
I'm going to combine them and bind it to a button on my X220t.

Sweet, I don't need it but it should be on the website or in the repository.

I'm looking for 16:9 wallpapers for my ThinkPad, preferably Kuroe.

I know I made quite a few 16:9 ones, which should be on the booru. I guess I'll have to make more since I have a X220 to take care of now. Probably should make some 9:16 variants as well

Did you make any with Kuroe?

My T420 won't recognize USB sticks, what do?

Probably not, but gimp is preinstalled so feel free to make some with her. Share them too.
mkdir usb
sudo mount /dev/sdb* ~/usb/

I'm no good with image editing, and while I intend to learn, I need a wallpaper now. Guess I'll just grab one of the super-lewd ones.

>default wallpaper is 16:10
Truly /ourdistro/

a good strategy is to use the wand, select as much white space or negative space as possible, invert the selection with ctrl + i, then copy the character to one of the clover wallpapers. After that, select The blank area around the character, then go to the select option, click grow, choose something like 1-2 pixels. Next use a Gaussian blur in the filter section, use .5 in the x/y choice, and then your background is ready to use.

Someone please help

Does Aya shitpost?

this.
Anything but FF.
At least i can emerge palememe and remove FF.

It is not a X configuratiConfigure your .twmrc

What does it make better than ubuntu?

How?

Than Ubuntu? No systemd, much lower resource use, a couple other things.

How to remove FF?

sudo emerge --unmerge *your programs*

"it"(italian) keyboard layout doesn't work at startup for some reason

just open the file with whatever text editor and modify it

Why did you take the Thinkpad up a mountain?

Just for you Sup Forums

Thanks bby

>not setting the UEFI up yourself
Install Gentoo

xvkbd is a pretty good onscreen keyboard

how else is she supposed to get a news article for her paper?

hang the fuck on

making 9:16 versions

Source for CSS?

only because you're lucky
{"name":"Okuu Chan","authorName":"Tri","authorTrip":"!UTsuHoBZcA","bgImg":"transparenttextures.com/patterns/pinstriped-suit.png","replyOp":"1.0","navOp":"0.9","mainColor":"0f3625","brderColor":"000000","inputColor":"0c1021","inputbColor":"080b16","headerBGColor":"18281d","headerColor":"ffffff","boardColor":"ffffff","bgColor":"16261c","textColor":"ffffff","blinkColor":"37fa8b","headerLColor":"fb4949","headerLHColor":"54eb96","linkColor":"4e964e","linkHColor":"4ecc73","qlColor":"ce2b4c","nameColor":"eb4751","tripColor":"ff8f96","titleColor":"ff6554","quoteColor":"faacac","unreadColor":"cecece","postHLColor":"ffb8fd","quotesYouHLColor":"ffebeb","ownPostHLColor":"ffbaba","threadHLColor":"ffb8fd","replybgHLColor":"080c1d","replyslctColor":"ff0f0f","customCSS":"div.postContainer.opContainer {\n background: #58615c;\n padding: 5px 0px 6px 12px;\n margin-bottom: 20px;\n}\ndiv.post.reply, div.postContainer.opContainer, div.catalog-thread {\n box-shadow: 6px 6px 6px black;\n}\n#navlinks {\n top: 25px;\n right: 2px;\n}\nbody {\n font-family: IPAMonaPGothic,Mona,

I had the svg file still, if you prefer vertical gradient

thanks, looks better than the horizontal gradient

16:10 with proportional borders

My X220t isn't 16:10 sadly, so if I make 16:10 backgrounds it's only for my T410 instead.

revised gradient

okay.
I im in the middle of an apartment move so I wont be able to make wallpapers for a little while.

alrighty, I'm going to make a few vertical ones, then I'll go back to horizontals. Downloaded a shit ton of girls from Danbooru and Pixiv, so I'm going to make a bunch real soon.

Thanks, also didn't notice my trips

help. i tried using the laptop-mode tool to hibernate and now i can't boot. at first it resumed from swap but then shutdown. then i tried some of the recovery modes form grub but it didn't work either. now i try to boot and the screen flickers when it tries and then shutdown

>girls in the background
the memes are real

Dreams to memes

Is it thread about OS or about wallpaper making?
Or maybe wallpaper is the only thing the CloverOS can offer?

I'll make the logo.

REMOVE THE EVIL TENGU

SHE ATTACKED REIMU

I'M LITERALLY SHAKING

HOW CAN YOU BE SO EVIL

It's gentoo configured for fast installation. The wallpapers are extra for those who want to stare at anime tiddies while working or browsing.
I'll put it into a wallpaper if it isn't shit

Press X to bomb next time

please help. everything was working until i tried to rest the hibernate command from laptop-mode. now i can't boot

what kernel were you using?

x86_64-4.12-5-gentoo

Post wallpaper please

I've had problems when I resume after suspending to ram. My computer wakes up and everything, but it can't execute anything, forcing me to restart it.
here you go, check out the booru in the OP for more

These are big tiddies. How much memory do they have?
>working
It's either working or staring at anime boobs. You can't have both.

Thank you.

meant to reply to I've been having trouble with that kernel on my T410 and X220
Make your browser windows small enough to peak at the tiddies while working. Probably 2 petabytes.

I honestly can't wait for summer to end so this retarded stale meme can stop. Like ten times a fucking thread. You're not original, you're not funny. kys.