Retailers are Buying AMD RX Vega 64 at $675 Each

techpowerup.com/236422/retailers-are-buying-amd-rx-vega-64-at-usd-675-each

What a launch...

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6vp17k/retailers_are_buying_amd_rx_vega_64_at_675_each/
hardforum.com/threads/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-video-card-review-h.1941804/page-12#post-1043171460
pcgameshardware.de/Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Grafikkarte-266623/Tests/Benchmark-Preis-Release-1235445/3/
forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1997699/
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Vega-GPU-Architecture-Preview-Redesigned-Memory-Architecture/Primitive-Sh
tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-volta-gv100-gpu-ai,35297.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And miners are buying them at $800 each.

When will mining craze just die already?

The city of amd

HBMeme was a mistake

>Have to order from MA Labs a lot...this price can be completely ignored its just a FUD article.. as stated before MA Labs is basically just B2B and prices reflect that...its no different than using Newegg Business or Tigerdirect B2B or anyone else if you have a EIN.
>Sometimes there is a decent enough discount but its otherwise the same or worse than retail channel.

It's another big fat nothingburger.

>leddit quote from redteam

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6vp17k/retailers_are_buying_amd_rx_vega_64_at_675_each/

Oh wow! Business to business transaction for a high volume of two (2!) whole cards. How will AMD ever recover? Retailers must be crying that they get to sell cards for $100-300 above MSRP, they even have to buy marked up cards from each other to satisfy demand.

It's fucking nothing. Another attempt by retailers to cover their asses in the eyes of the public while they roll in the dosh. They blame AMD for their own greed and market conditions. I wouldn't be suprised if Nvidia or Intel had a hand in this.
There is no scandal. All stand alone cards got bought at MSRP, any left have the price jacked up due to demand (because why wouldn't you want more money) and the bundles are just not what some people are looking for.

AMD should have done what Nvidia did. Initial release cards that come with better coolers and a higher price to bump up margins. Limited edition what ever you want to do. Let miners and people buy those cards with much higher margins, then release the regular cards in a month with the aftermarket people.

It's the second time today you've made this thread, pajeet.

Quit advertising your click-b8 website.

>linking from reddit
please leave.

And its sold out.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

When there are no more bitcoins.

Reminder to report shitposters.

>vega selling out left and right
>shitting all over the 1080ti in games with AA disabled
>primitive shaders not even turned on in drivers
>this means bankruptcy
Are you mentally and physically retarded

Dirt is an AMD optimized game you retarded fuck, I dont even have a graphics card or do pc gaming and know that.

No. It. Isn't.

Dirt 4 is just shader compute heavy, no AMD specific optimizations included. Check out all the other benchmarks with games on ultra with AA disabled.

Once primitive shaders are enabled vega will curb stomp nvidia even with 8x msaa

AMD just finished defiling intel's corpse and now it's set its sights on nvidia.

>retards are now so hysterical over vega pricing they're posting business invoices as if it's proof of some grand conspiracy on AMD's part

Holy fuck, get a life already. This is reaching Pizzagate levels of stupidity. I can't wait to see what happens when Vega 56 launches.

My favorite part is when the Beyond 3D Suite shows those exact results for list culled polygons for Fiji and Vega regular path and people still argued it didn't mean prim shaders weren't enabled.

WHAT THE FUCK, vega is going to eat geometry when this is enabled. why did they release this card without this feature enabled, this will change everything. rip gameworks

did you buy that from an your mechanic ?

I never see invoices look like that anywhere else.

And when Vega gains a measly 2% what are you going to do then?

Not too different from Nvidia launching a $349 card for $500.

pro drivers got priority over gaymen ones

We'll have to waitâ„¢ and see, maybe like a month though. See pro benchmarks though, 1080ti looks like garbage

The pricing isn't even AMD's fault. Most of the info points nothing at AMD and in fact the only thing we know is that AMD was offering rebates to retailers to sell at MSRP. It's most likely that distributors and retailers are just marking things up on their own to get a taste of that sweet MUH MININGCOINS meme money and AMD is losing money trying to counteract their bullshit.

Distributors, factories, and retailers sell cards by the pallet fulls to miners before it's even listed for normal people to buy. It's pretty fucking clear who's bringing up the price, and scumbags like Gibbo, who just happened to hear a rumor of 100MH/s mining and decided to share it days before launch, are trying to pin the blame on AMD because they don't want to lose the faith of their customers.

That's how the economy works, everyone jews everyone.

Fuck off. Even Kyle fucking Bennett has gone on the record saying Gibbo is a fucking liar and wholesale prices to retailers have NOT changed, and MSRP has NOT changed, and AMD IS restocking stand alone card SKUs.

hardforum.com/threads/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-video-card-review-h.1941804/page-12#post-1043171460

>/r/AMD is still saying it's 100% on the retailers
just wow.

>OP provides proof retailers are getting the short end of the stick
>NUH UH it's dem wetailers mang.

Who gives a fuck anymore? In the end all this means is we have to settle with nvidia 3rt rate garbage because all of tye fucking cards are being swiped by miners and ebay scalping scum before they even hit retail.

God fucking damnit, why didn't everyone just settle for cash transactions? There's like 100 different types of buttcoins now too.

Buttcoin and Co. have nothing to do with retail stock.
Miners buy directly from AIB's.

>Cards a retailer buys from a scalper are evidence of anything.
Kill yourself you knowing and deliberate liar.

Must be a pretty great city where you can sell a card that's objectively worth $3-400 for $675

Yeah better link Sup Forums.. pajeet /ourguy/ finished bankrupt frogposting certain combinations of zeros and ones icons on his desktop
So great.

Cool. Only miners want that card anyways.

If Sup Forums is so awful, why are you here? We don't want you. Reddit clearly doesn't want you, or you wouldn't be here. Your parents probably don't want you. Might as well become an hero.

>>>/LGBT/

Geometry isn't typically a heavy load on games. The hi-poly models in a AAA title are probably like 40-80k polys (characters, maybe vehicles, bosses, etc). Environment assets probably range from the low thousands to several hundreds. You could have a dozen high poly models and a hundred environmental models and it'll only be a few million polys (I guess about 3 million triangles) and that's an extreme case for mesh variety in a single scene. With tessellation it does go up, which is why some games that didn't have nearly as many models on screen had as much as 3-5 million tris on screen at a time but even then I don't think it should be a problem looking at the chart. A giga is a billion, it's a massive amount of geometry data and I don't see why even Fiji would choke even at 1000FPS. And geometry data is very light generally. A 10k poly character is going to be like 700KB of data as an .obj. A colorful 1024x1024 .tga will be several megabytes.

If primitive drivers help bring the Vega up to the 1080TI's level I'll be pretty surprised.

>Geometry isn't typically a heavy load on games.
I mean it shouldn't be. Unless you have a case where you have a bunch of different models and you're on DX10 or something and it chokes on drawcalls. I recall Unity choking in pretty simple scenes just from having a bunch of models and lights in the level but that was a long time ago.

>dirt 4
Hue hue hue hue

AMD should use Polaris with GDDR5X and moar coars

Wait Navi!

isn't vega supposedly inefficient for mining? why miners still buying it?

gibbo go back to review some nvidia cards

But that's Steve.

There was a rumour before release that it got SICK hashrates. And so truth is irrelevant.
This time though there's another factor: Scalpers. People are buying them at RRP en masse to sell to miners for a profit.

i know but his face is more funny

they are enabled on pro drivers but they arent really doing everything they are suppose to do tho
this shader can do
1)frustrum culling
2)back face culling
3)contribution culling
4)occlusion culling
all together
right now its doing only frustrum and back face but its enough to shit on quadro p6000(note this is rendering 4k on x8 msaa..and those shaders arent using occlusion culling something nvidia is good at it)

It also can calculate shadowmaps and separate vertex data.
It's silly flexible.

a retailer bought vega from another retailer and expected msrp while the cards are out of stock and nowhere to be found

you remember 480 launch?
or 1070 launch?
or 1060 launch?
the retail price came down tot he msrp after 2 to 3 months
but yet no one was shitting on nvidia why? oh yes because nvidia gives them free cards

yeah its flexible as fuck but also its highly fucking complex

i love the amd ideas they always seems to find new fucking ways to fuck the industry but the driver team needs a complete rework
i hope now that they are going to get shit load of money they will be able to find decent programmers..

give us free cards

just like tweaktown shitted on amd about the ssg saying it was stuttering "right before his eyes" (no proofs ofc) and when the RED ceo came publicly out with a demo somehow the article went into a black hole

I hope Peter Schiff is right and all crypto coins plummit to 0

his predictions worth so much as barclays about amd..

he has said so far that bitcoin is going to crash 4 times (since 2015)
and yet bitcoing is rising like a motherfucker LOL no suprising tho since his company will make a lot of money if this happens

Value will probably stay high, but eth is getting a large difficulty increase in a couple of months, and that will probably be the end of GPU mining and we'll go back to regular pricing. Maybe the used market will even get flooded with cheap GPUs, if you're into that.

>benchmarks with games on ultra with AA disabled.
YES THANK YOU
FUKIN FINALY

Buying 2, you a retailer now

>that will probably be the end of GPU mining
Or you know, GPU demand will double

No, that article was probably the most elaborate way to beg for review sample.

>We'll have to waitâ„¢ and see,
by that time nVidya will have announced another release

Most effect should disable by default, Dof, motion blur, lens flare, grain

Volta is Q2 2018 at best.
Volta = piss poor margins, NVIDIA does not want that.

Cut down version should be early, should perform well

>only 2 units

are you sure you are talking about real time rendering? because polygons is what takes up most of bandwidth in games as far as I know
textures aren't taking up bandwidth
bandwidth= ~ops
vega now does 4 polygons per op as fiji
it can do 17
nvidia does about ~10 on titanxp roughly counting, there is not enough tests about that

maxwell 5.0 is even bigger than maxwell 4.0 they even rebranded some cuda cores to tensor cores
like literally instead of saying we just added a single ISA for a.i no they had to spin it as a new tech LOL
nvidia is trying to pull a 3dfx they are about to lose the g sync war with freesync2 with 0.3 ms response time
they are about to lose the shitworks battle since no one cares about their abstraction layer for vulkan
shit is going so south we will hit space mexico

3.75 currently

market parity, that would be the day
honestly though, GPU/CPU patents should go public to spawn more companies, maybe only one company will happen in 10 years but that would be enough to kill this duopoly

No. GPU cost relative to mining is a function of how long the ROI is. The ROI depends on difficulty, which is exponential. That means ROI is logarithmic over time, and that means that beyond a certain point, it's no longer possible to make money at a given hash rate. There's a point where you could buy ten million GPUs and never make any money.

meh, new memecoin will happen and more getichschemers will spawn out fo nowhere
before the thing gets taxed to hell

And as so long as there's a positive ROI, people will eat GPUs.

im 100% certain that amd is behind some of those coins

No, you don't understand. The ROI is always positive. The time required to reach ROI rapidly approaches an infinite. That alone is enough to stop GPU miners, but there are also ongoing costs associated mining that I didn't even mention.

I don't think that's going to happen. It was a long time before eth became a popular mining coin and people were pushing lots of coins after the bitcoin bubble. Most of them are irrelevant now. If I had to guess, I'd say eth is only popular because someone realized that if they inject enough money into eth, it would take off. It's a risky thing to do, but if you have enough money to kick start one of these markets, you stand to gain a lot. Especially if you've already mined a lot of coins before others join in. If that did happen, maybe we will see other coins take off as well. On the other hand, every time a coin gains significant value, all other coins will be devalued.

if by ongoing you mean power bills
as far as i can see it after china started to sub miners if they use solar or wind power it seems that iceland does it too and norway and finland
countries are building power farms from renewable using bitcoins in exchange for free out of nothing tax on bitcoins

>china started to sub miners
woah, are they preparing to fuck them all over soon? bait and rob is what they usually do

>THE DILAPIDATED SHANTY CITY OF AMD

I doubt anyone is building power farms on the backs of GPU miners.

yes as if countries dont see the potential of the coins already and want to exploit that as much as they can...

korea literally has a system that you can exchange game currency for real money and you think that coin mining isnt profitable enough to justify building small power farms?

>Sup Forums in charge of understanding economics

AMD could be giving the cards away for free to retailers and retailers would still be charging $700 for each card.

This is first year, first lecture economics basics.

This isn't just a meme, we've reached high bandwidth meme leaves here

amd got fucked over hard by coin miners because they flooded the market with used cards and amd could not sell new ones anymore, I wouldn't be shocked to see both vendors do something to kill coin mining in their gpus, because when that bubble bursts they get dicked fucking hard.

Fuck ot I don't care anymore. I am buying a 1080ti for a whole $30 more than the cheapest vega 64 in stock anywhere. Fuck amd and their lies.

Who would buy a miners abused card? Maybe if it was like a vega 64 for 100 burgers but otherwise I don't think I'd take the risk

What do you expect from Sup Forumsermin retards that can barely read a cherrypicked bar graph of FPS averages?

This board is shit.

Is this your first day

It was always like that.
Obvious lack of moderation doesn't help either.

I work at a very small business with my Father.

Should I be buying all my pc parts through our business account? We have an EIN number.

What kind of deals could I get?

Or am I better off wating for NewEgg promotional deals and such?

Yea, way too many obvious shills. I only use AMD cards after Nvidia's silence on locked LUTs but I have to constantly call out paid AMD shills making empty promises about huge performance boosts if you just buy and wait. It's clear RTG's advertising team is full of scumbags

>Empty promises
Please stop trolling. It's been confirmed that Vega launched with at least one of its core uarch features not enabled yet in drivers. Without primitive shaders Vega is massively front end bottlenecked to the point that Vega 56 is just as fast as 64 at the same clocks.

Unless you have documented proof, ie an analysis of the bottlenecks in a workload simulating modern titles and that primitive shaders will fix it, then yeah I'd say it's an empty promise. You've been posting that graph every chance you get for the past week as if it's a fucking graph of average performance in games.

>pcgameshardware.de/Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Grafikkarte-266623/Tests/Benchmark-Preis-Release-1235445/3/
Ughh.
Here, catch.

Their benches also show Vega had significantly weaker pixel and texel throughput, and almost half the bandwidth of the pascal Titan. I'm not telling you to show me that geometry needs improving I'm telling you to prove fixing the geometry throughput will boost the performance beyond something trivial like

what happens when you can do more things per op?

FIllrates on GP102 are silly overkill.
>and almost half the bandwidth of the pascal Titan
Only for something monocolored, which is almost never.

forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1997699/
>Quick note on primitive shaders from my end: I had a chat with AMD PR a bit ago to clear up the earlier confusion. Primitive shaders are definitely, absolutely, 100%not enabledin any current public drivers.
That is Ryan Smith (the editor in chef of Anandtech) confirming on the record directly from AMD that primitive shaders are not enabled yet in Vega drivers.

Oh and:

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Vega-GPU-Architecture-Preview-Redesigned-Memory-Architecture/Primitive-Sh

"AMD gives an example from a 4K scene in the latest Deus Ex that starts with 220M polygons of data though only 2M of which are viewable."

That shows just how important front end culled geometry performance is to modern games.

>tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-volta-gv100-gpu-ai,35297.html
B I G G E R D I E S
Anyway, 3U, but bretty dense.

>a feature that saves bandwidth as a side effect doesn't save bandwidth
(You)

Things go faster, but if the task being improved only takes 1/100th the time of the entire workflow in the the first place even an infinite improvement will only produce a 1% improvement in the total. Which is why I'm asking you to prove that improving geometry throughput will actually boost the performance and not just geometry throughput

I already know it's not active. I'm asking you to prove that activating it will actually boost performance instead of giving vague talking points like "WOW look at these numbers they're big so they must be important!" It's really clear you guys are shills trying to sell people on Vega with promises of future improvements with no actual evidence or analysis. It's such a disgusting, slimey snake oil salesmen tactic that I'm even inclined to believe you're false flag advertisers from nvidia, or retailers like gibbo who don't care about selling on rumors