Has anyone in the industry/research done more work to improve Valve's automatic facial animation system?

Has anyone in the industry/research done more work to improve Valve's automatic facial animation system?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Jackathan/MarcLaidlaw-Epistle3/blob/master/Epistle3_Corrected.md
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIP ;_; It was the perfect ending. FUCK VALVE.

>2004
damn...

not valve, but some other companies have achieved some real good results

ubisoft

HA!

that looks bethesda tier honestly

F

>2004
valve hired psychologists to make the game as real as possible
game got every single award related to its genre and more a year later
not a single game has done it since then
why you think half life 2 is still the game that people compares ?

>bethesda quality

also i would like to leave this here

github.com/Jackathan/MarcLaidlaw-Epistle3/blob/master/Epistle3_Corrected.md

we know its legit since its from laidlaw
enjoy

The reason I am asking is because I have 2 years for my master's degree, and I want to improve upon this. Mostly on phoneme extraction using deep learning, and then generate facial expression in any language, using only the audio track.

reminder that only virgins played valve games
winners played gta and cod

I'm a virgin and I can confirm that I played GTA and COD.

traps don't count

My god it's real
www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

>2004
>GTA: San Andreas

Remember those fucking hands? Now look at Half-Life 2.

its as real as it gets and sadly this is the end of it we know now for sure hl3 wont be released
(tho this might be connected to the movie who the fuck knows would love to see a dark gordon freeman trying to find a reason to live a reason to fight after all this time )

I'm glad. All I ever wanted was closure. At this point any game they could release wouldn't be nearly good enough.

yep sadly the hype literally killed the game but still the movie might come afterall

>"""winners"""
Yeah, you totally won that match with skill and not because you get to dual-wield fucking miniguns for playing since launch.
Why do Call of Dumbasses think that it's a good game? It's the exact opposite of 'balanced'.

What the fuck is this? I need context.

marc flipped gabe probably and released part of the hl3 story
this only means one thing
hl3 as we know it its dead
the last paragraph is clearly talking about valve current state

It's a letter from Gordon Freeman to the player.

The lead writer of the half life series left Valve and decided to release a thinly veiled conclusion to episode 2 or perhaps Half Life 3 itself whatever the fuck they were going to call it.

Valve thread on Sup Forums?
Half Life 3 confirmed..?!

Confirmed dead, yes.

And here we are. I spoke of my return to this shore. It has been a circuitous path to lands I once knew, and surprising to see how much the terrain has changed. Enough time has passed that few remember me, or what I was saying when last I spoke, or what precisely we hoped to accomplish. At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final episode.

That last paragraph. The Valve you knew and loved is dead and Half Life with it. They don't make games anymore. Just cosmetic items.

;_;

you know its dead when Sup Forums actually agrees on something