Solus

Should try out Solus? Arch and i3 is really unstable for me and budgie looks nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh wow, surely it was nothing short of absolute necessity to make a thread about this potentially life altering decision!!

What is a "necessary" Sup Forums board post?

I would like to install it too but fuck, Solus 3 doesn't even boot on my machine for whatever reason

Yes.

What machine? Doesn't install at all or just boot?

Doesn't boot, gives an error -110 or something like that. It's a desktop PC

Does it have botnetd?

what doesnt have systemd besides void

what's your CPU and GPU

Slackware, gentoo and derivatives, all BSDs, Devuan, right off the top of my head

What's the point of installing a meme distro if it still has systemd? Might as well just use debian

Intel Ci5 4690 and NVIDIA GF GTX950

redpill me on why systemd sucks besides adding time to boot

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

I suppose you'd also like a quick rundown:
>rothschilds bow to systemd and Red Hat
>in contact with the CIA
>rumoured to possess root privilege
>control Linux with an iron, but fair fist
>own datacenters all over the world
>direct descendants of the ancient sysvinit
>will bankroll the first botnets on mars
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth
>first designer babies will be Poettering Babies
>both developers said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Botnet R&D labs around the world
>You likely have systemd/GNU/Linux/Nanobots inside you right now
>The developers are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church
>They learned fluent C++ in under a week
>Nation states entrust their information reserves with the twins. There's no intelligence in Ft. Mead, only Red Hat HQ
>The developers are 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human. In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the Bog bang to the end of the universe
>systemd will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

GTX 9XX series are awful with free drivers, maybe that's the problem?
I tried to install Antergos with my GTX 1060 and I also could boot, because Antergos Live USB uses free Nvidia drivers

Add nomodeset

i want to try solus but im too normie and all of the help for linux online is ubuntu or arch or whatever.

if only it was simple as replacing pacman with eopkg in every online forum.

eopkg will be deprecated soon enough,
if you're a linux newb then it's not the time to start using Solus as your main OS yet, pick up, as you said, Ubuntu or Manjaro(Arch derivative)

>Arch and i3 is really unstable for me
either you're doing something wrong or the linux driver support for your hardware is shit. sort it out or install winblows. distrohopping because "it looks nice" is not the way

solus is comfy and the package manger is okay once you get used to it .