Feeling at home in Germany, is it really possible for foreigners?

What’s going on? Why am I so sensitive / offended / riotous to the steep social / customer service gradient across the Atlantic Ocean interface? Why can’t I just accept that German people typically avoid eye contact and small talk and being friendly to people they don’t know? I feel so stubborn and crazy and isolated in this country. I want to jump on the tables and dance the twist and sing, “That’s RIGHT, folks! This Jew is BACK! And I like to make JOKES and have FUN and be SILLY! And I love to CONNECT with and HELP people!!” But my heart says, “What are you doing here?” The doctors want to put me on drugs but I say, “Just put me on a plane!” Admittedly, I am still a flamboyant wild child after 3.5 years of being in Germany and I am still choking on the social-conservative sock shoved down my throat. I just really hate being yelled at when I ask for help. I hate being cut in front of by people who simply refuse to acknowledge the presence of others. I think if you’re going to travel to / live in a foreign country, it might be better to choose a place that is less conservative than your home – a place that opens you up – as opposed to a place that forces you to close. I just can’t close my heart and eyes to the people and things around me. I think I may never belong in Germany. Which is convenient, because I’m currently on my way back to MICHIGAN!

As a disclosure, there are certainly amazing beautiful brilliant angels of German souls out there – I am lucky enough to know that – and I apologize to my dear friends if my comments offend you, as I imagine they will. It is not to you at all whom I address the above message. Openness and friendliness in Germany is just such a rare anomaly. It’s hard to move and shine through the day-to-day amidst the omnipresent scowls (frowns) and unhelpfulness. To my German friends,thank you so much. Just keep doing what you’re doing. Pursuing one’s own life/career does not mean ignoring the lives of others! As my mother always says, “None are free until all are free. It is our responsibility to stand up for those who are suffering.” On that note, I stand 500% with the BlackLivesMatter movement in America and NativeLivesMatter also. I am ashamed of the history of genocide and slavery and racism in America, but I believe that our society and cultural openness to dialog will slowly, stone by stone, pave the way to peace and love. If we don’t talk to each other, the Holocaust will happen again. Love trumps hate, people, every freaking time. Let’s go beyond standing together – let’s go out of our way to help those who need it. Compassion defies the laws of physics – because when you do something for someone else, the total energy of the universe increases. It does not stay constant - and it’s up to us. Even just a small act, on a daily basis – and you’ll know it when you see it – can make a huge difference and build love and joy. Let us each be that change.

Excellent posts

I am Greek, btw.

You, Sir, are rambling. That might work in a lunatic asylum or the Rheinland. If in the North, be patient, people will open up after a while. If in the south, I have no clue how it works.

Wth does BLM and so on have to do with German society?

what kind of campaign is this

It's possible for foreigners with autism, as Germany is a country of autists.

>kleine Gyros/Pommes zum Mitnehmen bitte, ohne Zwiebeln

>ohne Zwiebeln

>ohne Zwiebeln

>tfw having lived entire life in the Netherlands
>tfw Dutch is my first language
Now I don't feel Dutch nor Serbian.
And the same applies to the way everyone else sees me.

>Dutch people don't see me as a Dutchie but as a Serb because of my ethnicity
>Serbian people don't mee as a Serb but as a Dutchie because of my accent

Sorry user, you'll never feel at home in Germany. You're own personal identity and the national identities of countries are just too tied up with ethnicity and language for us foreigners.

>kleine
>ohne Zwiebeln

... this is germany your homeland of whites. As i always preach, come here and make your experience dumb dreaming idiots!

Have you tried the powdered deutsche? It's a great way to meet authentic (Read: Bavarian) Germans.

bro people in greece beat the shit out of you if they don't like your football team. possibly even if you're a woman. how is that not ultra fucking conservative?

Well, Germans can be cold as ice to strangers. You should have informed yourself about the German soul before coming here.

>German people typically avoid eye contact
Not true.

>avoid smalltalk
Yes. You need a reason to talk to strangers. If you talked to someone for no reason, this person would think you are mentally ill or a freak.

>I want to jump on the tables and dance the twist and sing
>This Jew is BACK!
>I like to make JOKES and have FUN and be SILLY!
>I just really hate being yelled at when I ask for help
>I hate being cut in front of by people
Germany is the wrong place for you.

Well, you are supposed to integrate in our society. You can't live in Germany and pretend to still live in burgerland or wherever you came from.
You are supposed to become one of us. If you can't do it and if think you are a little special snowflake and need special, warm treatment and love from strangers, then you don't belong here.

Don't you get it? A foreigner can NEVER truly become German, they'll always be different simply because they are a foreigner. Integration is just a populist lie and is basically impossible.

I am just 75% German. My grandpa is from Spain and integrated very well. He feels more German than Spanish after living here since 50 years and has raised a German family, not a Spanish one.
Integration is possible.

I think the only thing really separating me from being 100% GERMAN to my friends and acquaintances is my Italian name.
Me and my siblings all have super Italian names despite our father not teaching us a single bit of the language or ever visiting relatives in Italy with us apart from a few vacays as toddlers.
I have no connection to Italy and feel 100% German.
Maybe you just look like a kut marokkanen with swarthy skin and shitty clothes.

Well that was unnecessarily rude
still love u anyway frauke petry-chan
xoxoxox

Le Rheinland is shit meme xdddd
Fuck off Ronny, back to Berlin with you

Rheinland and Berlin are both shit

so true

>>German people typically avoid eye contact
>Not true.
Oh yes. So disturbing and rude.
You can totally go and buy bread in a German bakery and the sales person hasn't even looked at you let alone established eye contact. As if I wasn't there or not a human.

>sales person
Sales persons are broken people.