Let's all say something positive about Windows for once

Let's all say something positive about Windows for once.

Windows 10 is actually really good at catching malware and viruses with the built in Windows Defender software.

Sup Forums, what positive thing do you have to say?

Other urls found in this thread:

calculator.merkoba.com/
madprops.github.io/Msg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It isn't linux.

It's really good at shrinking partitions so you can dualboot a real OS.
Actually, scratch that, I needed a gparted liveusb to shrink the windows partition properly, as the built in tool refused to.
It's good at.. playing games? I guess?

>Windows 10 is actually really good at catching malware and viruses with the built in Windows Defender software.
Really nigger, you have to lie like this to shill w**dows?

The programmer's calculator is a great tool for bitwise stuff.

Have you even tested it yourself under real everyday use and conditions? I stopped using Malware bytes and started using Defender and it's actually a decent tool. You wouldn't know that because you don't even try. Malwarebytes is obviously better, but being free this is a very good alternative.

It's easy to use. I really like Windows.

>Have you even tested it yourself under real everyday use and conditions?
Yes and malware passes right under the nose of winshit anti malware.

Now that the atom-table is compromised there remains no point of having a anti-virus in windows. Which is why I only use windows in a VM these days

It sucks. But it sucks so good...

>Sup Forums, what positive thing do you have to say?
But there's nothing.

Even after a fresh install you are greeted with an inconsistent as fuck UI that looks worse than fucking Aero. It has no benefits over W7 whatsoever aside from DX12 which i don't give a shit about and most of the "changes" are nothing but extra botnet spying shit.

All the pointless telemetry in Windows 10 is a really good demonstration of the importance of free software.

Despite all its problems, it's still leagues above any freetard OS.

It's actually really comfy with chocolatey. Visual Studio is actually a great IDE. If you're not a brainlet, windows is actually really fun to use and learn. Why any technology enthusiast would simply choose to be ignorant about a big part of the tech ecosystem is beyond me. Personally I have Arch, Windows 10, macOS and FreeBSD all installed on bare metal.

It's the only OS that can be used for productivity.

Considering the amount of shits that changed over the years they have done a great job with backward compatibility.

It's easy to use and compatible with basically everything.

Specific cases have issues but in general terms it "Just works".

Windows works for you and not upside down.
Is not broken by default
Compatibility programs
You can play
Is so useful to do productivity things

The only thing you can't have in windows is an i3 window manager for watching anime while you have another 3 windows opens next to.

Most of the profit that windows made went to finding a cure for malaria.

I swore to use win7 till it wasn't support but then switched to ryzen: kb+m didn't work in windows. I was too tired to go through safe mode boot hopping so just switched to 10 and it werked. Same shit with Skylake. Fuck engineered extinction.

Pro edition with all the settings pretty much turned off and most of the apps removed make it a bit more comfy than usual.

its the only OS for gayming.

why would I give a shit if they spy on me?

they are selling your information to anyone who'll pay and giving you nothing for it.

>On Linux you have to create a .desktop file, on Windows you just need to do a shortcut of your .exe and drag it to a folder.

>System Repair

That's it I think.

Everything just works if you're not an autist.
The latest version is the best version.
The latest version has the best DE.
There's no need to choose between multiple broken versions of the OS.

It's a tool, not a toy.
A toy is something you want to be overly complex so that you can spend time tinkering with it.
You want a tool to be simple to use and invisible so that you can do stuff with that tool.

Pic related. A man with his simple-to-use tool "Noobuntu", which he uses to make things.

Windows 10 or Windows in general?
If it's Windows 10 I'm really struggling to find any upsides

>they are selling your information to anyone who'll pay and giving you nothing for it.
and?

pls I need sauce of tje original image!!!

>Windows 10 is actually really good at catching malware
/thread

>Windows 10 is actually really good at catching malware and viruses
Especially normies.

Because the companies that store your information are the main targets for information theft by criminals who might use your information for fraud.

It runs all my shitty weeb VNs with no problem

kek

I think he met "catching" in the sense that it prevents them from infecting your computer. Windows Defender has gotten really good over the years. You really don't even need Norton or whatever anti-virus is popular with winfags

It functions well in large office settings.

Sup Forums BTFO!!!!

On another note, what do winfags supposedly use their "tools" for? Everyone windows nigger posting on here just bitches about video games. You really expect me to believe you create anything other than basic "hello world" and arithmetic assignments for school?

>On Linux you have to create a .desktop file, on Windows you just need to do a shortcut of your .exe and drag it to a folder.

>mom wants to create a desktop shortcut to some website
>ssh into her laptop and write a .desktop file for her
Easiness is relative

>Windows 10 is actually really good at catching malware and viruses with the built in Windows Defender software.
No it isn't.

What do you do to test?

after removing all tiles I really like the task bar.

and i think the user who you're replying to was making a joke.

what font is this I wanna know

>really good at catching malware
Then the same can be said for 8.1's defender.
>malwarebytes doesn't come with a free version

good for exploit proof of concepts also

There is only 1 thing that Windows is better than Linux now.
GAYMING
AAA+ games run in Windows at high performance.
Linux gaming sucks now.
But if Linux gaming improve & become better than Linux then there is no reason to keep using Windows anymore.

Windows 10 does have more security/desirable features, but you can only use (some of) them if you have one or more of the following below:
Windows 10 Enterprise/Education for Virtualization based security
TPM
Joined to domain
Telemetry set to minimum of Basic(otherwise you are stuck with CB and cannot switch to CBB)
Certified webcam for Windows Hello etc

Linux doesn't even have a decent torrent client.

ktorrent is good

It's very effective malware and spyware.

aesthetically pleasing de
works out of the box
when you are instaing a program you dont walk into random problems you have to solve or walk into new problems when solving the first problem.

i hate most is that they are trying to make you use options instead of controll panel

Not really, that ship sailed long ago.

Hm, looks decent.

Windows 10 will be responsible for advancements made on Linux-based OSs.

Zero touch deployments
SCCM / GPO based software installation
native nested virtualization.

But...
Agile is cancer
Windows as a Service was a mistake

it has pretty good startup and shutdown times for an OS that bloated

it's garbage

Linux fanboys need to recognize that proprietary OS'es like Macos and windows are the torch carriers and trailblazers of good ui and shit, your best Linux DE (Cinnamon or KDE is my guess) is literally a ripoff of Windows, and that being able to rename a bunch of files in the terminal at the same time is only an advantage for .01 percent of computer users. Also, Windows has these things called "programs" that people want to run on their computers. Photoshop, Ableton, MS Office, games... Linux doesn't have these things.

I do like LInux, but only for web browsing and downloading movies. It is much faster but the lack of software makes it impossible for me to leave the Windows universe. I am aware that Windows 10 sucks as well.

WaaS allows Microsoft to remove any features as they like, such as certain GPO objects and ReFS on Pro.

>Let's all say something positive about Windows for once.

It ain't Linux.

It's incredible that it even works, being so bogged down with spyware and 3 different control panels with random UI designs. So there's that.

GNU + LINUX ******

It's a black stripe

Linux*

What is Xerox, also Win7 and everything that followed copied it's design from KDE 4.

This. I have a Windows 10 PC for the sole purpose of gayming

Apart from that, I really like the Office suite.

I really hope Linux gaming takes off at some point. i didn't mind Windows before, but I actually looked into the telemetry controversy and I simply can't see Windows the same anymore.

Linux guys talking shit about Windows UI, post your shitty screenfetches with your windows ripoff de (KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, Xfce, MATE...you name it... all windows ripoffs) with your unsightly window borders, ugly icons, lack of thumbnails and even though it probably won't show up in your fetch, your screen tearing

honestly Win7 copies Windows 95 ui, just like basically every flagship Linux DE

Windows 10 makes it easy to make a bootable usb so I can install linux

this, if it wasnt for windows 10 I would never have switched

Have you considered linux?

Targeted advertising is just another way to manipulate you.

Linux gaming has improved remarkably in the last 2 years alone, and with things like Godot 3.0 on the horizon the future lookks bright.

qbittorrent not good enough?

>... is my guess
Stop talking shit if you haven't actually used these environments

While the incompatability of photoshop under wine is lamentable, many other programs work flawlessly such as MS office.

oh... looks like I got punked! LOL!

>you haven't actually used these environments
you're making bad assumptions, I have used basically every Linux DE and they are not better than Windows DE. The DE's I have not used are tiling WM's, Budgie, lxde and whatever shit they use on Elementary OS. First Linux DE I used was GNOME back in 1999, it was a windows ripoff then as well. why do you guys think it's called xwindows you buttfuckers.

Cinnamon is the best one I've seen and that's because it's basically a faithful copy of Windows 7

Microsoft was changing features long before Windows 10.

The ONE positive thing I can say about windows that doesnt stem from it being popular is that it handles files a lot more reliably than the alternatives

I like snipping tool. Is that still in 10?

>I really hope Linux gaming takes off at some point.
Most big names like Valve and Blizzard are making or have linux versions , and valve seems to be pushing it since the cheaper a pc the more money poorer customers can spend on their service

OK, the only good thing left for windows since 10, is that pretty much every software, be it professionnal (content creation, office stuff, programming, network management...), or recreationnal (games) is available on it, and basically work ootb.

is windows rot a real problem with windows? I personally never experienced it

you can easy virus

Sorry, but this just isn"t possible.
Winblow$ IS malware!

There is no such thing as "perfect security and privacy". If Linux becomes the dominant desktop OS it would get hacked to pieces just as badly.

Its audio stack is pretty good.

>considering linux
NO.

>inconsistent ui
>awful registry
>no package manager
>awful filesystem

literally nothing, it's garbage that's propped up by corporate america

I have a $3600 alienware 17 - how to put windows 7 on it?

calculator.merkoba.com/
madprops.github.io/Msg

Made those two in the last 2 months.

Despite the few bugs in the UI the UI in Windows is actually very responsive.

>It has no benefits over W7 whatsoever aside from DX12 which i don't give a shit about and most of the "changes" are nothing but extra botnet spying shit.
File copying is faster. The rendering engine in Windows 10 is also improved. You are less likely to run into conflicts with software like OBS and similar. That type of software also performs better.

Windows 10 has a larger set of driver support for hardware.

DX12 is crap though. Don't fall for the meme. It's broken.

enjoy your whitelists

QWERTY
W
E
R
T
Y

xfce is far superior to kde.

Is this real?

nice on a vm

Its really good at staying connected to the Microsoft mothership at all times, and it is also very good at monitoring users

IT JUST FUCKING WORKS

its very good at keeping tcp pipes open to Akamai, Microsoft, and Amazon at all times

>this, if it wasnt for windows 10 I would never have switched
Same

I can't even imagine the number of dirty hacks they have piled on top of dirty hacks needed to ensure such backward compatibility.

I put it on 1200p T500 for my mom and 1.25 DPI scaling was pretty good.

The new icons are pleasing and have decent coverage.

Proprietary software never works for you forever. It always tends towards fucking the user over in the end.

Ive never had an operating system help me back door things before, they truly are our greatest ally