So we can all agree Apple has stalled, right?

So we can all agree Apple has stalled, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@mister_g/so-long-apple-1cb177326d0b
youtube.com/watch?v=I6lNCps9xQA
9to5google.com/2017/06/22/samsung-galaxy-folder-2-flip-phone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they aren't moving any slower than they were 10 years ago
i mean they haven't invented a neural net or anything """revolutionary""" like the first iphone
but in terms of product development things are about the same

>things are about the same
But that's the issue: NOTHING new has been released recently except a laptop with no F keys.

Apple discovered iToddlers and macbabbies can't handle something that advanced, so they removed it.

they are innovative as ever

>stalled

They're the world's biggest tech company and the world's biggest overall company and they're on the way to be the first ever trillion dollar company with more products and updates in the pipeline. 'Stalled', yeah sure maybe in your bubble reality.

LITERALLY removing the 3.5mm jack in their phones and adding another goddamn adapter.

It's safe to say the average Apple user's cognitive development stalled at age 14

You mean affluent individuals, POTUS and all Silicon Valley engineers? Who's a jealous Winbabby?

>No induction charging mousepad or something

Jobs spinning in his grave.

>$200B """"""cash""""""" in jew tax dodge havens
>only $5B actual cash to run operations
>$100B+ and growing debt to pay for operations
>$100B+ in dodged taxes that governments ALWAYS collect on (try skipping out on your student loan)

Literally history's biggest bubble waiting to pop.

Not memeing, but is there any advantage to OSX/Macs? I know they used to have an advantage in graphics programs because of memory response, but is that even true anymore?

>advantage in graphics programs because of memory response

It's not the 80's anymore.

I said *used to* have that advantage and expressed sentiment I believed it was no longer true. Please attempt to comprehend what you read.

>asking if something from LITERALLY 40 years ago is still true

The 80s were 50 years ago, my man.

>The 80s were 50 years ago, my man.

1980+50=2017

yeah gtfo

The 80's were 60 years ago faggot. And we're talking technology years.

You don't know anything about Apple or business in general.

You don't even know what macOS consists of, do you?

Just how new are you? Is this reverse bate?

>what macOS consists of
Planned obsolescence?

How about an actual real fucking response you clueless child?

>You don't even know what macOS consists of, do you?

Updating Facebook, Tweeting, and emojis?

medium.com/@mister_g/so-long-apple-1cb177326d0b

A proprietary Unix derivation? Fail and aids? Self righteousness and limited capability? I'm not sure what you're looking for here.

>But that's the issue: NOTHING new has been released recently except a laptop with no F keys.
What?

>what macOS consists of

No. The 80's were 70 years ago.

I think you mean space grey matter

Wtf is this? This is like looking into the mind of someone that knows literally nothing about computers. Is he from the 70s? Is this literally all the average 26 year old knows about something that they actually grew up with? Holy fuck!

Apple might score a win in the future if they can follow through on their pitch to make a new Mac Pro desktop that is modular. We'll see. (I'm guessing late 2019 for this)

>tfw not a brainlet subhuman goyim
>tfw the only apple product you own is their stock

youtube.com/watch?v=I6lNCps9xQA

I think they did and are starting to figure out how to exist without Steve's playbook. The iMac pro, while being a weird idea, is a good start. Adding ports back to the mbp while keeping a couple USB c ports would be a good next step.

Imagine a stable nix distro with a nice UI, actual support, good power management, and hardware designed specifically for it. Also the hardware can run both windows and Linux pretty well.

It's fucking great for software dev, on par if not better than any given nix distro.

>macshitos
>stable

Good joke.

This is Sup Forums. We talk about tech here. Apple's tech has stalled. No one is arguing about how much money/ business sense Apple has. If they can keep passing off shitty memes like the touchpad as a selling point, that's good business. The argument is that Apple hasn't made any legitimately different, innovative improvements.

>Planned obsolescence?
Funny, my 2004 PowerBook is still kicking to this day. Just replaced the battery and it's good as new. So much for planned obsolescence...

Nice meme

A portable heater is a pretty simple device compared to a heater.

*compared to a computer.

>get a bottom fag as CEO
>start fuckton diversity programs
>begin partaking in pride parades
>start donating money to SJW's

geeee I wonder how that happened they did everything so right post-Jobs

>It's fucking great for software dev

A 486 would be "fucking great for software dev" too since all you do is type text all day. Is this the best mactoddlers have to shill their fruity trash?

You've got a long way to go if you think that's all it takes to develop something of value...

>good power management
Good joke.

Even XXXTREME GAYMIN laptops are more energy efficient in Windows with their tiny batteries than fruitbooks running bloatOS.

Literally all Applel had was their fuckhuge 95Whr batteries they crammed into their fruitbooks at the expense of a cooling system, and now they pissed half of that away too in favor of "muh thinness".

The 80's were EIGHTY years ago numb skull, hence the "80" part.

excluding the time it takes to compile something, all software development requires is a text editor

If you actually read the source article, you'd notice that the reviewer was running a base windows install on the mac(i.e. no drivers). No shit it runs like garbage, you forgot to install drivers...

Maybe in college. Building enterprise software is far more demanding, and it's not uncommon to be running several local servers at once in addition to VMs, a sql editor, etc...

You *can* build good software with just vim, but time is a concern when you're being paid.

>>time is a concern when you're being paid.

>chooses a fruity throttling toddler toy that performs worse than walmart trash

ok kid

Maybe, probably.

What difference does it make to you or I?

Jesus Christ

linux has all the advantages of mac, without some of the disadvantages
no reason to use a mac, like, ever

I only just recently got my first ever apple product and that was only because it was free. It's an old gen 3 appletv. It's pretty neat for what it is but the downside is the damn thing only has a set number of apps you can't add any others like you can on the 4th gen. Why the hell was this allowed?

The best time to charge that up would be overnight when you're not using it.

Yes. The only Apple device I own off the top of my head is a 4th gen iPod Touch that just collects dust, but I still feel quite bad for their current situation. Recent design situations have been awful (the meme images of their mouse that charges on the bottom, the apple pencil that sticks out, etc.), and they are not doing anything _exciting_. I wish there was something I could do to help. I bet if they made their OS completely free software, that could really kick things into gear and start a new era of Apple relevancy. Bonus points if they somehow freed their hardware.

>overnight when you're not using it.

this

Because they keep cutting their fucking cocks off.

Why.

I wouldn't give a shit about Apple if other manufacturers didn't insist on copying them. The days of the early smartphone market were glorious with unique designs and extra features like removable batteries and holes for headphones. Now they're just boring bricks and becoming increasingly featureless.

>The days of the early smartphone market were glorious

that's just nostaliga talking user. early smartphones were absolute shit compared to what we've gotten the last 5-10 years. a phone today can do more than any phone 10+ years ago, so if anything they're constantly gaining features.

They are still ahead, it's just harder to see it.

The iPhone 8 is going to be OLED, 500+ ppi, 120hz, slimmest bezels of any phone, excellent camera, and face/iris detection that actually works consistently. Every android phone is gimped in one of those categories, and none can match the refresh rate.

I've never owned a smart phone yet , yeah sad I know but at least my flip phone has some personality/uniqueness to it's design instead of just being a "boring brick" as you say. It's a shame we can't have the best of both worlds.

The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddlerism.

>ITT: Poorjeets

Why must they either physically or proverbially shit on everything they go near? Can't we lure them to a new board called /street/?

I absolutely hated my Symbian/S60 phone. Thought the phone was an absolute mess and an annoyance to use. I don't feel that way about my Nexus 5, but at least with my Symbian/S60 phone, I had battery life worth talking about. Having to remember to bring a charger when I go on trips is annoying.

>Steve Jobs is dead

Yep they are worthless

No they're not, it's $999 now

>It's a shame we can't have the best of both worlds.

9to5google.com/2017/06/22/samsung-galaxy-folder-2-flip-phone/

That keyboard looks like absolute shit. LG had one that I thought was ok, but using an android phone with a keyboard like that felt somewhat inefficient, since navigating menus and doing general stuff was so much faster using the touch screen.

Software aside, the hardware engineering/manufacturing decisions Apple are making of late are certifiably retarded. It baffles me that self respecting hardware engineers in their employ subject themselves to Apple's recent insanity.

This is not to say they have a flawless historical engineering reputation, but this latest stuff (particularly with the MacBook Pro) is baffling on an entirely new level.

- Worse keyboard build quality
- Worse trackpad that is awkwardly oversized
- Removal of standard stereo socket
- Poor battery life
- Slow SSD performance
- Zero user serviceable options
- Hilarious price points for all options
- Removal of ports that offer standard functionality that even the most basic of users miss
- Removal of MagSafe ports (This truly is strange. This was a fine feature)

I get business decisions that funnel end-users down intentional paths, but for a company like Apple that is certainly not scrabbling for cash, these decisions are clearly to their detriment. They are actually tainting their reputation, even among many of the mindless automations that default to their offerings without question. This speaks volumes to me.

I expect their next 'serious' hardware revisions (again, particularly when it comes to the MacBook Pro line) to perhaps reconsider some of these retarded decisions. At the same time, the ego of that company suggests otherwise, which is entertaining in itself.

>>>/facebook/
>>>/bobbs nd vagene/

If there's one thing I really like from Apple is their personal designed pointers. I really like how they look classic and pixelated.

That font rendering, wow